Autopsy R22 v Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon the bloke who chicken winged Houston is lucky. The tackle wasn't even looked at according to MRP...

His caused him to dislocate his shoulder, not rub his forehead for a couple of seconds silly.

I honestly can't fathom how that deserves a fine let alone a suspension.

Such a nothing incident, pretty likely we would challenge it.
Not nothing at all. Dangerous and stupid by Jonas, 2 weeks is a just punishment.

Really annoyed with TJ...undisciplined and selfish act that only does damage to the TEAM our defence and structure...no excuse at all as he has FORM...actually I'm really pissed off with his action and should never have put himself in that position... and I thought he was an intelligent young man. An apology from him is not sufficient.
Throw in member of the leadership group too.

Not nothing at all. Dangerous and stupid by Jonas, 2 weeks is a just punishment.

Well not really.

Would've been 2 (default for high/intentional regardless) down to 1 without his record.

Well not really.

Would've been 2 (default for high/intentional regardless) down to 1 without his record.
... and that's the rub, deserved or not doesn't matter, it is the crucial fact. For TJ it was like driving around
with 1 demerit point up your sleeve. We can whinge and moan all we like which will be as useful as pissing into the wind.

We can whinge and moan all we like which will be as useful as pissing into the wind.

See Byron (scapegoated), Matt Thomas (rubbed out for getting pushed into an umpire), Hammer (shepherded for a teammate, even Whateley was irate) Kane Cornes (perfect record be damned, he pushed a guy).

It's just Port Power, they'll live. Probably.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He didn't even target him he was coming straight for him and he protected himself. Didn't come off his line at all. Soft as shit

Had Jonas kept moving in the same direction, dahlhaus would have got round him.

Is it soft? Probably. But its not 1995 anymore. We know the mrp look at these sorts of things all the time.

Well. He changed direction!
tribey that is absolutely the damn point

It ceases to be standing your ground when you go out of your way to get in the way of an oncoming player. Off the ball too. Probably wouldn't have been cited either if he just bumped him without raising the elbow to a player shorter than him.

Had Jonas kept moving in the same direction, dahlhaus would have got round him.

Is it soft? Probably. But its not 1995 anymore. We know the mrp look at these sorts of things all the time.

Were you as scathing of Wines last week?

So what i'm gathering here is there was no way he could've got a one week ban, it was either thrown out completely for none or he serves two minimum? Because of his bad record he had to serve two? What annoys me is that he'd already served 6 weeks for his hit last year, which was excessive and now because of that bad record he gets another excessive penalty where 1 week would've been considered fair and reasonable by all and sundry.

Doesn't sit well, maybe if his poor record was littered with reports like Toby Greene i could handle it. But Jonas served a massive amount of time last year for the Gaff incident that ended his season but they aren't done with yet because it might end this season for him too.

Well not really.

And that's the problem. He does have a record.

Soft yeah, it wasn't a hard bump, but like you said always a 2 week suspension nowadays.

Having said that, for mine we wouldn't want him to change the way he plays.
Unfortunately there will always be times when his hits don't quite happen the way he meant them to, as he wouldn't have been going for the head, that's just something he needs to be aware of and pehaps improve on, but change the style? No.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy R22 v Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back