Review R6: Port v West Coast Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Last year Freo wanted to teak their gameplan by a tad and they now seem to have it just right.
We are in the process of doing similar and hopefully it won't take us until next year, but it will not happen overnight.
Even though we had some injured players I was expecting Lobbe to be subbed but we went Young instead.
We somehow need to bring back some "speed" whilst playing an extra tall in Ryder, it won't be easy but when it works we'll look like millionaires just like in the first quarter V Hawthorn, however when it doesn't we'll look as if we are miles away.
Hopefully the consistency will happen sooner rather than later but IMO we have no other options if we want to be a serious contender for a number of years.

Seriously, why are we bothering debating the umpiring decisions of a game we lost to West Coast? We played 50 shades of shit and we still had the opportunity to win the game against these plebs. Yes we should have won, but they had a gameplan specifically tailored to beat us even though we didn't have our best inside mid (Wines) and wing (Polec). How shit must they be? Not even worth the debate time unless you're super bored.
Janus pls. They were a better team than us on the night. They had better skills, better structures and worked harder. If they are shit what does that make us?

Janus pls. They were a better team than us on the night. They had better skills, better structures and worked harder. If they are shit what does that make us?

I said we played like shit on the night. Are you saying we were playing our best football?

I said we played like shit on the night. Are you saying we were playing our best football?
Not sure what our best footy looks like anymore. Our form is so sporadic and inconsistent from quarter to quarter, it's become difficult to read our formilne. Was the first quarter against Hawthorn the exception, or are we really that good and just not reaching that level consistently.

Not sure what our best footy looks like anymore. Our form is so sporadic and inconsistent from quarter to quarter, it's become difficult to read our formilne. Was the first quarter against Hawthorn the exception, or are we really that good and just not reaching that level consistently.

Yep, the first half against Hawthorn is our best football. And we did it without Gray and Wines which suggests that when everyone is working hard, together, and on song it doesn't matter if we're missing a couple of stars, someone else will just slot right in to the machine. Our problems at the moment are above the shoulders.

Calling a team plebs and asking 'how shit must they be?' when they just beat us on our home turf with a depleted side is just bizarre. What the **** is our best footy?

Look, maybe I could have been more conciliatory. But I hate West Coast, ever since the Wingard incident last year. So I'm not going to say "Hey, let's keep talking about some free kick when we've got bigger problems unless we obliterate Brisbane next week."

Look, maybe I could have been more conciliatory. But I hate West Coast, ever since the Wingard incident last year. So I'm not going to say "Hey, let's keep talking about some free kick when we've got bigger problems unless we obliterate Brisbane next week."
I forgot about that. campaigners.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brown (knee) season
Mackenzie (knee) season
Darling (foot) 4-5 weeks
Selwood (ankle) 2-3 weeks
Rosa (hamstring) test

3 KFP's inc your B&F winner, your no.1 tagger and a decent midfielder is a decent out list. Or is that what you meant?
And Ellis who is a walk up start in our 22 when fit

Over the off-season, I remember someone saying on the main board that this season, all the middle tier sides will lift when they have to play us, as they view us as a solid scalp. That's actually true :eek: hopefully last nights loss taught us that lesson at this early stage in the year.

Can Port's iffy form be traced back to Walsh leaving? Walsh was around when we went from wooden spoon to prelim final, playing a brand of football very closely resembling the minor premiers of that year, Collingwood, and I very much doubt that Woosha thought of it up by himself. When he left, we went to shit.

On topic though, I think we got you at a good time after the Showdown, where you are at your most vulnerable. 9 out of 10 times you would do us in, so no need for panic as of yet. A good run of games to come will hold you in good stead at the bye.

Can Port's iffy form be traced back to Walsh leaving? Walsh was around when we went from wooden spoon to prelim final, playing a brand of football very closely resembling the minor premiers of that year, Collingwood, and I very much doubt that Woosha thought of it up by himself. When he left, we went to shit.

On topic though, I think we got you at a good time after the Showdown, where you are at your most vulnerable. 9 out of 10 times you would do us in, so no need for panic as of yet. A good run of games to come will hold you in good stead at the bye.

Yes, but not for the reason you think. We're changing our gamestyle dramatically from what Walsh advocates. We're trying to add a Sydney 2012 string to our Geelong 2008 run and gun style.

Obviously we're not as good at each respective game plan as either of this teams, but practice makes perfect. When we get it right - wooooh, it's a very exciting time.

No. We had a slump last year with him there. Our form atm is a worry but we aren't being allowed to play our style of footy but that is credit to the opposition. West Coast were to good for us on the day, but our problems are fixable I feel and we aren't far away from a 4 quarter performance. We haven't had that all season.

And Ellis who is a walk up start in our 22 when fit
Ellis is a fringe player past his prime IMO. He aint part of your best 18. The others I mentioned are.

Lots of negative nelly's on here......seasons turn quickly. Should read our board after the freo game compared to it now. Eagles played out of their skins, and I think Simmo has as much tactical nouse as anyone. But you boys would win that game 9 out of 10 times. Meant A LOT more to eagles than port.

Round 6 - its more about how you're travelling at round 23 I think!

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R6: Port v West Coast Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Back