Preview R8 Fremantle FC -V- Collingwood Magpies -=Who Will Win?=-

Remove this Banner Ad

We've won our last 7 matches at Subiaco. Happy now.

Seriously you think that stat holds the key to this game?
What about the 6 games before that 7 at Subi, funny how you missed those. For the record you lost all 6. You can use stats to prove anything, 87% of people know that.

Something as simple as a few stats won't unlock who will win this game. Of course whichever team wins their fans will come out saying I told you stat [x] would show that team [y] would win.

Far too close to call and thats the reason everyone is excited about it, deep down no one has a clue what will unfold.

Seriously you think that stat holds the key to this game?
What about the 6 games before that 7 at Subi, funny how you missed those. For the record you lost all 6.

No I don't think stats hold the key. Geez.

I think the last 7-in-a-row at home is significant, however.

It's my opinion. I'm happy to "call" it; Freo by 40 pts.

The Collingwood board is elsewhere. Run-a-long-now.

No I don't think stats hold the key. Geez.

I think 7-in-a-row at home is significant.

It's my opinion. I'm happy to "call" it; Freo by 40 pts.

The Collingwood board is elsewhere. Run-a-long-now.

You do realise that I can post on any board I like so long as I'm not trolling? I'm wondering why you decided to leave that stat at 7?
I have watched at the very least the same amount of Dockers games as you have if not more? Considering you BF join date I'm going to say I have watched more.

Of course 7 in a row at home is significant, having a team fly to Perth to play you is always an advantage. If the game were at the G I would say we would be slight favourites, but it's at Subi meaning I'll be tossing a coin for tipping this week.

I've watched all 7 games from both teams this year and I can't even confidentally predict 5+ matchups, so much unknown still from what both teams will do.
Freo have played open free flowing footy and have also played tight contested footy
Collingwood have used the zone and man on man multiple times this year

Who know's whats going to happen Friday night

Considering you BF join date I'm going to say I have watched more.

Whatever makes you happy. :rolleyes:

Of course 7 in a row at home is significant, having a team fly to Perth to play you is always an advantage. If the game were at the G I would say we would be slight favourites, but it's at Subi meaning I'll be tossing a coin for tipping this week.

So if we travel to you, you'd be slight favourites and yet you travel to us having won 7-in-a-row at home and it's a coin-toss?? Pllleeeassee.

I've watched all 7 games from both teams this year

No you haven't.

(Excuse me if I make your mistake guessing things you don't know).

I'm only going by what I know. I know I have watched every Dockers game for the last 2 years, hence why I said I would've watched at the very least the same amount as you.

Yes I said I think we would be slight favourites if it were at the G cause we would be. I'm pretty sure we are slight favourites anyway which as I have said I don't agree with and I think its an even money contest.

You keep bringing up this fortress that seems to be Subiaco. I hate to burst your bubble, but besides Geelong (who were undermanned) you haven't beaten any decent sides yet in this 7 streak. Hence why I believe its an even money game, which is being pessimistic on my behalf considering the odds that are being given out.
This year at Subi you have beaten:
Adelaide (1-6)
Richmond (0-7)
West Coast (2-6)
Geelong (5-2)

And the 3 games from last year that you seem to think are relevant but really have no form indicator at all:
Essendon (10-1-11)
Port Adelaide (9-13)
West Coast (8-14)

And yes I have watched all 7 games from both teams this year. I live in Perth so I have Fremantle forced down my throat then have to watch a replay of Pies games some weeks

Anyway I don't see why you keep harassing me over this 7 win streak and making claims about me when you really have no idea.

As I have said before this game is a coin toss
Even upon reading Dave86's pre-game breakdown nothing is clear still.
Perhaps around 9.15pm Friday we will all know a lot more

Anyway I don't see why you keep harassing me over this 7 win streak and making claims about me when you really have no idea.

It's my opinion - get it????????????????????????????????????

As to making claims about you, perhaps you might show some respect by not making a (baseless) claim about me, somehow linking my BF join date with the amount of Freo games I've watched (WTF?!?!) - that was what I was trying to say.

I hope it doesn't rain on Friday night. Looks a possibility from the forecast at the moment. I reckon rain would detract from the anticipated standard of play for a top of the table clash, plus for some reason I think it would also help Collingwood.

I hope it doesn't rain on Friday night. Looks a possibility from the forecast at the moment. I reckon rain would detract from the anticipated standard of play for a top of the table clash, plus for some reason I think it would also help Collingwood.
You reckon? IMO - more rain = more stoppages more Sandilands influence.

As clivewaterhousen suggests above, you've lost your last two visits to Subiaco against the Dockers by an average of 11 goals.

The Dockers have won their last 7 at Subiaco against all comers.

I'm confident the pattern won't change. Freo by 40pts.

How many top 4 teams does this include? 1 this year (Geelong).
How many top 8 teams does this include? + 1 more - Essendon in 8th position last year.

Formidable stuff.
When it comes down to the nuts and bolts of it, it is not that much of a convincing stat.

Not to stir the pot, but have you read some of the comments fomr your supporters too? It seems you have a few that are either about 12-13 years of age, or a have little idea about football.

Yes, I know we also have a few of this type, but just by reading this thread this post shows as being a little hypocritical.
Would you just piss off mate, you're an absolute muppet.

Collingwood by 17pts

Pav to kick 4, 20 possessions
Sandi 40+ hit outs, 22 possessions
Swan to get 35 odd possessions
Didak, Davis, Steelebottom to kick a bag each
Collingwood fan to do something dirty
Al Gore to find Manbearpig (aka Ling) Excelsior!

One question guys. Even though been a member since the start, can someone answer the question. Game is at 640, if you stayed for the whole game and wanted to train it/drive to the city, what time would you roughly get to the city. Thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood by 17pts

Pav to kick 4, 20 possessions
Sandi 40+ hit outs, 22 possessions
Swan to get 35 odd possessions
Didak, Davis, Steelebottom to kick a bag each
Collingwood fan to do something dirty
Al Gore to find Manbearpig (aka Ling) Excelsior!

One question guys. Even though been a member since the start, can someone answer the question. Game is at 640, if you stayed for the whole game and wanted to train it/drive to the city, what time would you roughly get to the city. Thanks.

Depends on how heavy the traffic and/or how many using the rail...

Depends on how heavy the traffic and/or how many using the rail...

I thought roughly about 10pm, is that on the mark and assuming its full house, but you were to leave as soon as the final siren goes (i am asking on behalf of a mate that doesn't believe me, he's gotta get to a gig).

I thought roughly about 10pm, is that on the mark and assuming its full house, but you were to leave as soon as the final siren goes (i am asking on behalf of a mate that doesn't believe me, he's gotta get to a gig).

i gotta sick spot if i can nab it, derby day the stupid weagles fans had taken em all so i didnt get it n got a parking ticket.

anyways if you park 'near HJ's' its free if you get there early and you can bail via railway road with no problems

Pies by 22, travel well and simply a better team.
If both teams play close to their best, and with all things being equal, then Collingwood should win fairly comfortably. Collingwood travel well, and Mick Malthouse's knowledge of Subiaco is invaluable, and I'm sure that the players will be determined to perform for Luke Ball's 150th match. Fremantle will be good opposition for much of the match though, and they have definitely improved, but of their six wins to date, they have beaten four teams that are in the bottom five, including only a 39 points win over Richmond at Subiaco, and five of their matches were against teams missing important players...

Opponents who have been sidelined in Fremantle games this season:
v ADELAIDE: Brett Burton, Graham Johncock, Chris Knights, Andy Otten, Jason Porplyzia.
v ESSENDON: Michael Hurley, Nathan Lovett-Murray, Kyle Reimers.
v GEELONG: Darren Milburn, Cameron Mooney, Brad Ottens, Max Rooke, Matthew Scarlett.
v ST KILDA: Justin Koschitzke, Nick Riewoldt.
v BRISBANE LIONS*: Jamie Charman, Mitch Clark, Matt Maguire, Daniel Merrett, Troy Selwood.
* The Lions also lost Jared Brennan and Josh Drummond to serious injuries during the game.
Lets be honest, the trade has benefited both clubs equally.
Equally? :confused: Paul Medhurst has been an All-Australian for Collingwood, and Ben Reid has only just begun what should be 10 year career and has been playing very well. Chris Tarrant on the other hand was no more than a bit part player for Freo in 2007 and 2008, and has only improved since his move to defence last year.

Mick Malthouse's knowledge of Subiaco is invaluable
What knowledge of Subiaco? It's not a golf course.

That article is a bit of a whinge. All clubs have injuries. Grover, Tarrant, Ibbotson and Palmer were all missing from the Geelong match. We still had a much more inexperienced side than them as well. They should have had the edge.

Collingwood were defeated by St Kilda with Koschitzke out and Riewoldt sitting on the pine for the second half. And they still got Milned.

v GEELONG: Darren Milburn, Cameron Mooney, Brad Ottens, Max Rooke, Matthew Scarlett.

I like that you bring up this one. Because not one of Geelong's premiership midfield is missing from the lineup and we still managed to win.

I rate Geelongs midfield better than Collingwood and so I think we can match it with Collingwood.

If we can break even we should win. But either way I think it will be a good game.

btw, Injuries are no excuse, as every coach says. You can only play who the opposition put out on the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R8 Fremantle FC -V- Collingwood Magpies -=Who Will Win?=-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back