Preview R8 Fremantle FC -V- Collingwood Magpies -=Who Will Win?=-

Remove this Banner Ad

Medhurst has been in excellent form for the whole season. He is doing a lot of setting up, which goes unnoticed.

Beauty of our forward line is it's eveness. Didak (who is a bonafide A Grader), Davis, Medhurst complemented by Cloke & the improving Dawes. I also suspect Jolly (who has a good record against Sandilands) & Fraser will spend a bit of time forward.

You need 6 very versatile defenders to compete with that.

We do ;)

Hmm, you're right about the frees, just checked Footywire and Jack got 0 FF:eek::eek:

Sad thing is I was there too and seem to remember it clear as day, would have bet on it... As another illustious poster says, gotta lay off the bong water

Ok, I must admit I lol'd at this. Gotta admire someone who will fess up to their mistakes. Well done. :):thumbsu:

Should be an absolute belter of a game, can't wait. Good on Tazza for resurrecting his career and ripping forwards a new one, and good on us for bringing in an AA in Medders and a backman in Reid who I think will play for the Pies for a decade.I think our midfield gives us an edge, but the home ground advantage does the same for you guys.

Really enjoying seeing Freo do well, but hope (and think) we'll win by a goal or two.

The mighty Dockers have won their last 7 matches at Subiaco, starting Rnd17 2009 being the home Derby against Worst Coast.

I think our confidence at home is growing.

We have depth.

We have competition for spots in the team.

I'm confident that the coaching group believe they can bring in fresh legs for roles, if not key positions (to an extent).

We've overcome slow starts and held off toward the end of games.

The group's belief that they can win is supreme.

We attack. We tackle. We create scoring shots. We break zones. Our style of play is a flowing thing of beauty.

Freo by 40pts (or maybe 7pts with 5 too many missed shots!)

pies with a leg in the air. game will be over mid way through the second. Followed by a mini come back, and then a avalance of pie goals, this is the typical coll vs freo game, but i can understand freo people being up beat for this game. pies by 57

It seems too good to be true at the moment that we're second on the ladder playing the top side for top spot. The only other time we've been in this position we got smacked by the Saints at home in 2004.

I hate history, it never offers good omens for Freo. And watching Collingwood this year, this just appears to be one of those games I don't think we'll win. I'm hoping we can make it a cracking contest and we're every chance but I think the Pies by 4-5 goals.

Having said that I'd love being 7-1 after 8....

It seems too good to be true at the moment that we're second on the ladder playing the top side for top spot. The only other time we've been in this position we got smacked by the Saints at home in 2004.

I hate history, it never offers good omens for Freo. And watching Collingwood this year, this just appears to be one of those games I don't think we'll win. I'm hoping we can make it a cracking contest and we're every chance but I think the Pies by 4-5 goals.

Having said that I'd love being 7-1 after 8....
Don't fret.

Whether we win or lose this weekend, we'll be playing finals. Quite possibly deep.

I am sure of that. Never been more sure of a Freo side in my life.

pies with a leg in the air. game will be over mid way through the second. Followed by a mini come back, and then a avalance of pie goals, this is the typical coll vs freo game, but i can understand freo people being up beat for this game. pies by 57

time for a classic waterhouse stat

Collingwoods has lost by an average of 11 goals in its past two trips to subi to face the dockers

Keps will tear you a new one

Dockers by 30

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The beauty of this game is that the winner will be on top of the ladder, and a game and 4 points clear of the rest. Carlton did both of our clubs a big favor by pumping the Saints. You guys have a great side, as do we. Two days to go, then we'll find out who deserves to be on top. Best of luck to you guys and I hope it's an epic of a game.

^^^ Yep, we dont any of the things you mention. We just ended up on top of the ladder due to easy draw :rolleyes:

You don't travel much..;)

The beauty of this game is that the winner will be on top of the ladder, and a game and 4 points clear of the rest. Carlton did both of our clubs a big favor by pumping the Saints. You guys have a great side, as do we. Two days to go, then we'll find out who deserves to be on top. Best of luck to you guys and I hope it's an epic of a game.

Agreed. Makes the rewards of this game so much better. What is going to be a pearler of a game has the top of the table prize on offer..:thumbsu:

If there is the possibility of one of the teams going missing I suspect it will be Collingwood. For me Ballantyne is the forward to watch out for he will be si hyped up for this. I'm putting him capt of my SC team this week. Either a bag of goals or a trip to the tribunal.

We don't Hate Collingwood the club. Just the up themselves cocky supporters who come on here and show little respect to our posters and club. The other supporters are just fine.

Not to stir the pot, but have you read some of the comments fomr your supporters too? It seems you have a few that are either about 12-13 years of age, or a have little idea about football.

Yes, I know we also have a few of this type, but just by reading this thread this post shows as being a little hypocritical.

Fremantle 119
Collingwood 87

Having said that, it's basically impossible to tip. Could be either team by anywhere up to 60 points.

Care to check our record for interstate games? I suggest you do.

As clivewaterhousen suggests above, you've lost your last two visits to Subiaco against the Dockers by an average of 11 goals.

The Dockers have won their last 7 at Subiaco against all comers.

I'm confident the pattern won't change. Freo by 40pts.

It is hilarious to look at Freo's "form" against Collingwood at Subi. 2 games in 5 years. Seriously guys we have to come up with better than that.
If you chose to go back another year we lost by 6 goals at Subi.

Collingwood are favourites in this match and they deserve it for many reasons mentioned. The big question mark is can we keep this momentum going or will fatigue set in? Our last game at Subi took a fair bit of wear and tear on us. We have traditionally matched it with the Pies fairly well. We are better across the board now so it will be interesting. I would say that if we get through the match without any injuries and can sustain 4 quarters of intensity then we will be on top of the AFL ladder. If Collingwood get a run on we may find it hard to find the extra run to peg them back.

Good stats : In 2008 Palmer played and was one of our best, and big Kep kicked 3 snaggers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R8 Fremantle FC -V- Collingwood Magpies -=Who Will Win?=-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back