Preview R8 Fremantle FC -V- Collingwood Magpies -=Who Will Win?=-

Remove this Banner Ad

I like that you bring up this one. Because not one of Geelong's premiership midfield is missing from the lineup and we still managed to win.
I didn't say that Geelong's midfield were missing though, just some very important players that in my opinion would have turned a 7 points loss into a win for them. Fremantle played well in that match though, but they got Geelong at a good time early in the season with important players missing, and a number of their players were given a late start to the pre-season following three successive Grand Finals.
I rate Geelongs midfield better than Collingwood and so I think we can match it with Collingwood.
Over the previous three seasons, then Geelong's midfield has been better. This year though, Collingwood's midfield has been better than Geelong's to date in my opinion, although Gary Ablett's performances certainly inflates their numbers in a few areas.
If we can break even we should win. But either way I think it will be a good game.
I think if both teams play as close to their best as each other, and with all things being equal, then Collingwood should win fairly comfortably. Fremantle have definitely improved though, and they should be tough opposition on their home ground.
btw, Injuries are no excuse, as every coach says. You can only play who the opposition put out on the ground.
Those injuries certainly made Freo's job easier. Particularly against Geelong and Brisbane.
Pfffft. Simon Lloyd's knowledge of Collingwood is invaluable.
In which way? He was not on Collingwood's match committee, because he wasn't an assistant coach. He was only a member of the fitness staff. Brad Scott was the midfield coach last year, and his inside knowledge certainly didn't help him very much last week. Collingwood has changed too much since last year. Scott Watters is now defensive coach. Mark Neeld has moved to the midfield.

Nathan Buckley is now forward coach, and Darren Jolly and Luke Ball has changed the structure too much. On the other hand, Mick Malthouse has coached more matches at Subiaco than any other coach, and his knowledge of how to successfully play the ground is invaluable of course, and he knows what it takes to be a successful travelling team.
Thanks Simon. :thumbsu:
What exactly are you thanking Simon for? :confused:

Please go back to the Collingwood board KS, I usually don't mind some opposition supporters coming across to liven things up but reading your drivel is like pulling teeth while at the same time having your fingernails pulled out. Is it impossible for you to even conceive that some other team might be in with a chance of beating Collingwood, or even give some sort of faint praise to a team that isn't dressed in black and white? I swear you're worse than an obvious troll because it's clear you believe what you write.

Those injuries certainly made Freo's job easier. Particularly against Geelong and Brisbane.
Against Brisbane we were missing:

Silvagni
Grover
Suban
Ibbotson
Headland

Every team has injuries. I'm sure the vast PR department at Collingwood are putting the Medhurst injury out early to deflect criticism when they get pounded on Friday. "It's not our fault, Medders was missing!!!11!"

I'd say your predictive powers for this match are as accurate as when you thought Hillary Clinton would be the next US president.

I didn't say that Geelong's midfield were missing though, just some very important players that in my opinion would have turned a 7 points loss into a win for them. Fremantle played well in that match though, but they got Geelong at a good time early in the season with important players missing, and a number of their players were given a late start to the pre-season following three successive Grand Finals.

I know you didn't say anything about Geelonds midfield, I was just explaining that, from an outsiders perspective(my perspective), Geelongs midfield is better than Collingwood.

The rest is just excuses that even Mark Thompson didn't use. http://www.geelongcats.com.au/geelongnews/newsarticle/tabid/3933/newsid/92102/default.aspx

We pencilled it in as one of our harder weeks, but that's no excuse and Fremantle played terrifically well," Thompson said.

"We don't lose too many games when we have a 14-point lead.

"I'd like to think that we can be better than that the next time we play and we didn’t play our best football when it mattered most."

Over the previous three seasons, then Grrlong's midfield has been better. This year though, Collingwood's midfield has been better than Geelong's to date in my opinion, although Gary Ablett's performances certainly inflates their numbers in a few areas.I think if both teams play as close to their best as each other, and all with all things being equal, then Collingwood should win fairly comfortably. Fremantle have definitely improved though, and they should be tough opposition on their home ground.

It's hard to take your opinion seriously, no disrespect intended, when you support the team who in your opinion "has a better midfield than the premier's of last year"

Why should Collingwood win comfortably? The last time we played you at Subi, you were heading to the finals and we were finishing off a season and we pulled your pants down and ruined the top 4 double chance you could have got. I know some personal has changed for both sides but I'd like to think (and the start of the season has shown) that this Fremantle side is shit loads better than that one.

Why should Collingwood win comfortably? The last time we played you at Subi, you were heading to the finals and we were finishing off a season and we pulled your pants down and ruined the top 4 double chance you could have got. I know some personal has changed for both sides but I'd like to think (and the start of the season has shown) that this Fremantle side is shit loads better than that one.
Exactly. We had nothing to play for and they had plenty, and they still squibbed it. Their whole team is full of front running pansies.

Pav was out, replaced by Adam Campbell and Ryan Murphy. And we still won.

If both teams play close to their best, and with all things being equal, then Collingwood should win fairly comfortably. Collingwood travel well, and Mick Malthouse's knowledge of Subiaco is invaluable, and I'm sure that the players will be determined to perform for Luke Ball's 150th match. Fremantle will be good opposition for much of the match though, and they have definitely improved, but of their six wins to date, they have beaten four teams that are in the bottom five, including only a 39 points win over Richmond at Subiaco, and five of their matches were against teams missing important players...

Opponents who have been sidelined in Fremantle games this season:
v ADELAIDE: Brett Burton, Graham Johncock, Chris Knights, Andy Otten, Jason Porplyzia.
v ESSENDON: Michael Hurley, Nathan Lovett-Murray, Kyle Reimers.
v GEELONG: Darren Milburn, Cameron Mooney, Brad Ottens, Max Rooke, Matthew Scarlett.
v ST KILDA: Justin Koschitzke, Nick Riewoldt.
v BRISBANE LIONS*: Jamie Charman, Mitch Clark, Matt Maguire, Daniel Merrett, Troy Selwood.
* The Lions also lost Jared Brennan and Josh Drummond to serious injuries during the game.
Equally? :confused: Paul Medhurst has been an All-Australian for Collingwood, and Ben Reid has only just begun what should be 10 year career and has been playing very well. Chris Tarrant on the other hand was no more than a bit part player for Freo in 2007 and 2008, and has only improved since his move to defence last year.

Your in for a big let down Stephanie.....

Exactly. We had nothing to play for and they had plenty, and they still squibbed it. Their whole team is full of front running pansies.

Pav was out, replaced by Adam Campbell and Ryan Murphy. And we still won.

Ahh I remember that game. Was in a corporate box as well.... All full strenght piss :thumbsu: They were finals bound with top 4 on offer and they got ripped apart by Campbell, Murphy & Bradley..:D

I'm guessing we have spys at the airport?

Collingwood would have to have left Melbourne surely? (Assuming the players could find it).

So unless they're taking a massive squad, we probably have some intelligence on who they have brought over before them having to name their team?

Ahh I remember that game. Was in a corporate box as well.... All full strenght piss :thumbsu: They were finals bound with top 4 on offer and they got ripped apart by Campbell, Murphy & Bradley..:D
You'd reckon a 'good travelling side' that was playing for a top four spot would easily account for a bottom four side that was missing its captain and best player, yet instead Collingwood was soundly beaten by a few teenagers and a bunch of hacks.

Now we've got our captain back, some of the most exciting young talent in the game, and our ruckman is probably the most dominant player in the league right now.

For Collingwood's sake, you'd hope they bring something a bit more than their last 'good travelling side'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please go back to the Collingwood board KS, I usually don't mind some opposition supporters coming across to liven things up but reading your drivel is like pulling teeth while at the same time having your fingernails pulled out. Is it impossible for you to even conceive that some other team might be in with a chance of beating Collingwood, or even give some sort of faint praise to a team that isn't dressed in black and white? I swear you're worse than an obvious troll because it's clear you believe what you write.

Could not agree more. You possibly the most annoying troll in recent BF history. A bit like a Black'n'White love child of Caro Wilson and Hutchy:eek:

Ah geez, who let Stephanie in?

WTF? I'm a muppet? The typical Bigfooty tactic...when all else fails, insult someone.
What has failed? I've seen you posting dross on the mainboard, now you're doing it here. Calling you a muppet is clearly a factual statement. If it insults you then I am sorry.

I know you didn't say anything about Geelonds midfield, I was just explaining that, from an outsiders perspective(my perspective), Geelongs midfield is better than Collingwood.
Well then in reality it seems to me that you're underestimating Collingwood's midfield. Geelong's midfield for the previous three seasons has been better than Collingwood's. In the first seven matches of 2010 though, Collingwood's midfield has been the best in the AFL to date.
The rest is just excuses that even Mark Thompson didn't use.
Of course a coach isn't going to make excuses, and why would I make excuses for Geelong? I was just giving an opinion based on the importance of the Geelong player's missing that day, and that they were definitely vulnerable because a number of their players had a late start to the pre-season this year. To play Geelong early was definitely a good time to get them, and I tipped Fremantle to win that match due to those factors.
It's hard to take your opinion seriously, no disrespect intended, when you support the team who in your opinion "has a better midfield than the premier's of last year"
Firstly, I'm not offended if you don't take my opinion seriously because I'm aware that many people underestimate Collingwood's midfield. Secondly, Geelong were the premiers of last year, and they had a better midfield than Collingwood last year. Thirdly, Collingwood's midfield has performed better than Geelong's in seven matches to date this year, which is all I ever said.

Collingwood leads the competition in contested possessions and inside-50's. First possessions are about the same as Geelong, whilst Geelong has a slight lead to date with clearances which was helped by having the 'bye' against Richmond in Round 6. If you feel that Geelong's midfield has performed better than Collingwood's to date this season though, then in which areas exactly?
Why should Collingwood win comfortably?
Well if both teams play equally to their best, then I think Collingwood is a better team in a number of areas. Playing at Subiaco certainly evens things up somewhat though, but Collingwood travel well, and most of the players have won there previously, such as Dane Swan who loves playing at Subi, whilst Mick Malthouse and Scott Watters have a great knowledge of the ground, and what it takes to win there. Besides, in this post, you said that Collingwood should win too. Why did you say that?
The last time we played you at Subi, you were heading to the finals and we were finishing off a season and we pulled your pants down and ruined the top 4 double chance you could have got.
That was Round 22 of 2008. After Round 18, the club suspended Alan Didak and Heath Shaw for the remainder of the season including finals, so as far as I was concerned, the season ended for Collingwood at that time. It was a great effort to win the next three matches though to make the finals, but the Collingwood team that played Fremantle in that match was younger and less experienced than their opponents, and I thought the Dockers would win because they had nothing to lose.

In 2005, Fremantle beat Geelong at Kardinia Park by nine points. Two years later though, Geelong beat Fremantle at Subiaco by 11 goals before going on to win the Grand Final by 119 points. Therefore i think it's safe to say that the result of a match two years earlier had no relevance whatsoever, just as the Round 22 match from 2008 has absolutely no relevance on this match either.
I know some personal has changed for both sides but I'd like to think (and the start of the season has shown) that this Fremantle side is shit loads better than that one.
The Fremantle side that night was not too bad, and certainly older and more experienced than Collingwood. The changes in personnel and improvement to the Collingwood team from that night is immeasurable and immense. The team that night lacked the mental ability to remain "up" for four successive weeks following the club enforced suspensions to Didak and Shaw, but for such a young team to bounce back the following week to became the youngest team to win a final in eight years was a terrific effort!

56773220.jpg

Epic fail KissStephanie

Er?

This -

.... Collingwood travel well,...

and this -

...Therefore i think it's safe to say that the result of a match two years earlier had no relevance whatsoever, just as the Round 22 match from 2008 has absolutely no relevance on this match either...

If previous matches don't count, then how does Collingwood travelling well in the past count :confused:

If previous matches don't count, then how does Collingwood travelling well in the past count :confused:

She did not say Collingwood travel well against Fremantle.
It is a general observation that Collingwood perform very well on the road, whether that be Freo, Brisvegas, Sydeknee or Adelaide.

Get it?

She did not say Collingwood travel well against Fremantle.
It is a general observation that Collingwood perform very well on the road, whether that be Freo, Brisvegas, Sydeknee or Adelaide.

Get it?
So despite the fact you haven't beaten Freo at Subi since Shane Woewodin was running around, that doesn't matter and you're a 'good' travelling side.

Sure you are. I'm unsure as to how beating Brisbane at the Gabba translates to beating Freo at Subi, but if that's the syllogism you want to work with, you are welcome to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R8 Fremantle FC -V- Collingwood Magpies -=Who Will Win?=-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back