Swan, Bartel, Judd, Montagna, Burgoyne, Heppell
Harris, Atley & Mzungu

Rucks:
Sandilands, Jolly
Z Smith & Derickx

Forwards:
Goodes, Pavlich, Rioli, Higgins, Yarran, Knights, Krakouer
Prestia, Tapscott & I Smith

From that, I would recommend downgrading Knights to Brendan Matera, saving 120k. Also, get Cam Richardson in your forwards as he should play, and should score well.
Then use that to upgrade Murphy to Gibbs in your backline, and because of your super strong mids, I think your team would be almost set. (Oh, and David Swallow from GC will be a bit of a gun, possibly replace him for Mzungu depending on cash)

Decent effort from someone with glandular fever :p

who would u suggest as another premium mid??

I'd suggest you've got enough premiums there to start off. I'd get another premium in your backline. Otten is your fifth defender and if the word on the Crows board is accurate, he's no certainty to get a run in the side for round 1. You need Broughton/Johncock/Enright/Bruce etc, in that spot. There's always going to be lots of rookie cash cows in the midfield...in my opinion you need to get the other houses in order first. Your forwards look a bit light on too, come to think of it. No way should Shaun Higgins be your fourth most expensive player in that line.

Pretty close to starting side here i think.

Please comment good or bad.

Back: Goddard, Gibbs, Delideo, Grimes, Otten, Heppel, Stanley
(Toy, Duigan, Lower)

Mids: Swan, Judd, Murphy, Hayes, Selwood, Conca
(Harris, Atley, Hibberd)

Rucks: Sandilands, Cox
(Smith, Bailey)

Forwards: Roo, Pavlich, Rioli, Goodes, Higgins, Krakour, Richardson
(Prestia,McKerarnan, Matera)

Please comment

(Toy, Duigan, Lower)

(Harris, Atley, Hibberd)

(Smith, Bailey)

Please comment

Not a bad side - you sure you're not over the salary cap there? 5 premiums in the midfield? If you're not, well done. But on that basis, you probably have too many premiums in there limiting $ upside

McKernan might struggle with Tippet and Walker up forward. Darling might be a better option.

If you really wanted the option of MPP, might be worth Prestia into the mids - not sure at the expense of who though

(Toy, Duigan, Lower)

(Harris, Atley, Hibberd)

(Smith, Bailey)

Please comment

How did you get the extra $400k into your salary cap?

Thoughts would be appreciated:

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Otten, Duigan (Toy, Lower, Hibberd)

Mids: Swan, J. Selwood, A. Swallow, Kennedy, Polec, Heppel (D.Swallow, Pittard, Wallis)

Rucks: Sandilands, Cox (Smith, Bailey)

Forwards: N. Riewoldt, Sylvia, Rioli, Higgins, Knights, Petrie, Krakouer (Matera, Richardson, Darling)

Thanks guys.

I'm assuming this is a joke and haven't done the maths, but 16 keepers plus the likes of Krakouer Otten, Prestia, Conca and Heppell with a $10 million dollar salary cap??? Sounds like a bit of Melbourne Storm stuff to me.

Ok guys, I've barely spent any time on this side compared to last year, so feeling pretty exposed.
Any thoughts gratefully appreciated.

Backs - Goddard, Gibbs, Hurn, Kennelly, Wood E, Otten, Croad M, Smedts, Toy, McKernan S
Mids - Swan, Harvey, Burgoyne, O'Keefe, Scully, Gaff, Iles, Mzungu, Wallis
Rucks - Sandi, Jolly, Vardy N, Cordy A
Forwards - Riewoldt, Pavlich, Rioli, Higgins, Dangerfield, Duncan, Krakouer, Day, Lynch, Darling

Thoughts would be appreciated:

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Otten, Duigan (Toy, Lower, Hibberd)

Mids: Swan, J. Selwood, A. Swallow, Kennedy, Polec, Heppel (D.Swallow, Pittard, Wallis)

Rucks: Sandilands, Cox (Smith, Bailey)

Forwards: N. Riewoldt, Sylvia, Rioli, Higgins, Knights, Petrie, Krakouer (Matera, Richardson, Darling)

Thanks guys.

i like it - a.swallow could be a good unique keeper. no sold on petri though, cant see him averaging much over 50.

My team - thought would be appreciated.

goddard, delefio, broughton, grimes, otten, heppell, duigan (coad, buckley, toy)

selwood, pendles, gibbs, cooney, shuey, polec (swallow, harris, atley)

cox, jolly (smith, keeffe)

chapman, riewoldt, franklin, harvey, higgins, krakouer, richardson (matera, brown, darling)

Ok guys, I've barely spent any time on this side compared to last year, so feeling pretty exposed.
Any thoughts gratefully appreciated.

Backs - Goddard, Gibbs, Hurn, Kennelly, Wood E, Otten, Croad M, Smedts, Toy, McKernan S
Mids - Swan, Harvey, Burgoyne, O'Keefe, Scully, Gaff, Iles, Mzungu, Wallis
Rucks - Sandi, Jolly, Vardy N, Cordy A
Forwards - Riewoldt, Pavlich, Rioli, Higgins, Dangerfield, Duncan, Krakouer, Day, Lynch, Darling

Yeah needs a bit of work.

B: kennelly (injured..limited pre-season), Lose Coad, Smedts ? McKernan..will be inconsistent.
Mids: Harvey going ok but risk due to age, Burgoyne ok, O'keefe cheap but hasn't really fired preseason, Scully - too expensive, Mungzu injured, Wallis and Gaff may not play many games.
R: Lose Vardy and Cordy.
Fwds: Not bad. Best of the lot although Lynch and Day will struggle to get games.
Definately needs some work.

Here's mine: Getting there. Want Judd but people seem to be scared due to finals. I guess I hope to have trades up sleeve for Gibbs and Judd. Had Broughton then changed to Duffield, concerned with his injury history. Aslo tosiing up between Pittard (PA) and Bewick (Bris)

Please comment:

B: Goddard, Deledio, Gibbs, Duffield, Grimes, Otten, Lower (Duigan, Hibberd, Stanley)
M: Swan, Judd, Cross, Foley, D. Swallow, Heppell (Prestia, Bewick, Harris)
R: Sandi, Cox (Smith, Tippett)
F: N.Riewoldt, Franklin, Goodes, Higgins, Krakourer, Petrie, Richardson (Darling, Matera, I.Smith)

$78K Left

Cheers

Your thoughts on this would be much appreciated:-

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Grimes, R.Murphy, A.Everitt, Otten, Duigan Subs: Heppell, Lower, Puopolo.

Midfield: Swann, Judd, Selwood, B.Harvey, C.Ward, D.Swallow Subs: Hibbert, Harris, Wallis

Rucks: Sandilands, Cox Subs:Smith, Keeffe

Forwards: Riewoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, Goodes, C.Knights, Krakouer, C.Richardson. Subs Darling, I.Smith, B.Metera.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harry obrien, J. Kennelly or chad cornes in defence?
just enough budget (bout 381k) to pick 1 defender
cant think of anyone else at that price range, any suggestions?

Sorry just to add on, Yarran in the forward line is prob a better option than knights....right?
Just trying to figure out how to possibly rearrange team swap them if its a big difference, i would love some advice

Harry obrien, J. Kennelly or chad cornes in defence?
just enough budget (bout 381k) to pick 1 defender
cant think of anyone else at that price range, any suggestions?

Sorry just to add on, Yarran in the forward line is prob a better option than knights....right?
Just trying to figure out how to possibly rearrange team swap them if its a big difference, i would love some advice
Rather than going for O'Brien/Kennelly/Cornes and Yarran/Knights I'd choose a gun and a rookie. While Yarran and Knights are OK choices, overall these other blokes will just clog up your team.

Need some good advice, I'm a bit off a supercoach noob and this is the first draft of my team:

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Hurley, Otten, Toy
(Hibberd, Duigan, Lower)

MID: Judd, Pendlebury, Bartel, Boak, Swallow. D, Heppell,
(Harris, Pittard, Liberatore)

RUCK: Sandilands, Cox
(Smith, Derickx)

FWD: Riewoldt, Franklin, Goodes, Sylvia, Waite, Krakouer, Richardson
(Matera, McKernan, Darling)

I think Knights is a great option..

A proven scorer ('07 ave. 90 + '08/'09 ave. 80 +) which will see his price rise substantially from the $237,500. Compare him to Yarran who is all hype from this pre season so far, at an extra $63,300, why would you go for someone who is not even a proven performer at AFL level yet?

I think Pez's advice has got in every one's head, he is a perfect cash cow, potentially even a keeper who will gain you an extra $100,000 at least and be at that price where you can trade out a rookie and upgrade Knights to a premium.

Just something to think about.

Hi Guys

Been struggling the last couple of years with my team and just want some input/advice

So far

Defense : Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grundy, Everitt, Otten, Hepell
Subs : Clarke, Duggian, Hibberd

Mids : Del Santo, Pendelbury, Priddis, Cotchin, Swallow, Djejurka
Subs: Prestia, Harris, Mzunga

Rucks : Sandilands, Hille
Subs : Spencer, Craige

Forwards : Reiwoldt, Franklin, Rioli, Higgins, Jetta, Vezerprimi, Krakouer
Subs : Matera, Richardson, Darling

Thoughts and Ideas lads ????

I think Knights is a great option..

A proven scorer ('07 ave. 90 + '08/'09 ave. 80 +) which will see his price rise substantially from the $237,500. Compare him to Yarran who is all hype from this pre season so far, at an extra $63,300, why would you go for someone who is not even a proven performer at AFL level yet?

I think Pez's advice has got in every one's head, he is a perfect cash cow, potentially even a keeper who will gain you an extra $100,000 at least and be at that price where you can trade out a rookie and upgrade Knights to a premium.

Just something to think about.

One alternative plan with Knights that I've been mulling over is to hold off on him until after the Crow's 2nd round bye. If he's picked for the first games, his price won't go up until round 4- buys you another week over many of the other players to see if he's worth the trouble. It is a trade that you may end up using again (when you cash him in later in the year), I'll admit that, but it could work.

(Hibberd, Puopolo, Duigan)

MID: Swan, Judd, Boyd, Swallow, Swallow, Heppell
(Lock, Atley, Wallis)

RUCK: Sandilands, Jolly
(Tippett, Campbell)

FWD: Riewoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, Higgins, Dangerfield, Krakouer, Richardson
(Matera, Smith, Darling)

What do you think? I am still unsure on a few of the emergencies and maybe Hurley in defence and also Swallow from North Melbourne in the midfield?

Anyway, hit me! :eek:

Isnt this the point? to try and stack your side full of 'guns' as soon as possible?

FWIW, I have 4 'guns' and 5 rookies in my midfield. (with Swallow as a potential
keeper')(does Boak count as a keeper?).

Wish I knew the answer to this. Currently have him in my team and I do expect big things from him, however I have over a 100k in the bank so I could just turn him into Cross, Montagna, NDS etc now....

(Hibberd, Puopolo, Duigan)

MID: Swan, Judd, Boyd, Swallow, Swallow, Heppell
(Lock, Atley, Wallis)

RUCK: Sandilands, Jolly
(Tippett, Campbell)

FWD: Riewoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, Higgins, Dangerfield, Krakouer, Richardson
(Matera, Smith, Darling)

What do you think? I am still unsure on a few of the emergencies and maybe Hurley in defence and also Swallow from North Melbourne in the midfield?

Anyway, hit me! :eek:

Backs are really solid, like hurley in there think he might have a big year.

Mids: No complaints there either, A swallow was on my radar as well but went a different way.

Rucks: Not sure about the subs, obviously Sandi and Jolly are solid choices but don't know whether Tippett will play with Smith and Fraser doing all the ruck work.

Fwds: Really good with a risk on dangerfield, is he really worth the price they're asking?

As far as your subs go I'd look at getting Mid/Fwd in your mid subs because you have heaps of MPP's in your fwd line but none in the mids, rendering them useless for both positions when sub time comes along.

Anyways, GOOD LUCK!!!

Here's mine

I've put it up 3 times now, whilst rating other peoples first and nobody has rated it! Come on, tear it apart, suggestions, feedback anything?

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Delidio, Grimes, Otten, Heppell, Lower
Subs: Duigan, Puopolo, Toy

Mids: Selwood, Murphy, Pendlebury, Burgoyne, Swallow, Polec
Subs: Harris, I. Smith, Hibberd

Subs: Z smith, Bailey

Fwds: Reiwoldt, Franklin, Goodes, Sylvia, Higgins, Krakouer, Richardson
Subs: Petrie, Matera, Prestia

Also a couple of dilemmas:

Selwood for Chappy for the MPP ability

and possibly swapping Franklin for Rioli (Risk v Reward)

Please rate it and give any suggestions and thanks for any feedback!

Here's mine

I've put it up 3 times now, whilst rating other peoples first and nobody has rated it! Come on, tear it apart, suggestions, feedback anything?

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Delidio, Grimes, Otten, Heppell, Lower
Subs: Duigan, Puopolo, Toy

Mids: Selwood, Murphy, Pendlebury, Burgoyne, Swallow, Polec
Subs: Harris, I. Smith, Hibberd

Subs: Z smith, Bailey

Fwds: Reiwoldt, Franklin, Goodes, Sylvia, Higgins, Krakouer, Richardson
Subs: Petrie, Matera, Prestia

Also a couple of dilemmas:

Selwood for Chappy for the MPP ability

and possibly swapping Franklin for Rioli (Risk v Reward)

Please rate it and give any suggestions and thanks for any feedback!

Really like this team, looks very good across the board.

You might have gone to premium heavy in the mids, but then who am I to argue :p

As far ad your dilema's go, Selwood will be a 110 + ppg player this year, Franklin is a perenial slow starter so go Rioli and possibly upgrade a mid pricer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back