Rate My Team (Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players don't need to average 110 ppg to be a good investment for the year. With 24 trades this year you are able to take these risks and look and making a profit from these players.

And on Yarran, I am quite confident he will be able to reach the 90 ppg average he'd need to be a very good buy.

What's the point in making $100k profit for a player. He will most likely just frustrate you.

All good if Yarran can average 90ppg, however he will only increase in price by about $100k. Not really worth the risk IMO
Im curious Pez at what your team looks like. Not to get tips for my team but everyone elses team unless it looks like yours is not up to scratch.
So you dont have any players between $150K and $450K?
I'v liked reading your comments but people need to remember to go for their instincs. one mans trash may be another mans supercoach treasure.
Higgins has come up a bit. I know he has had injuries but he has done a full pre-season and looks good. I see it as having more reward than risk. If he is injured i will use a trade. But i have faith.
Same with knights and yarran, tho not a keeper i dont think, worth getting them to over $400 and turning them into premiums.
Then again, what the hell would i know?
:)

I do have players in that price range, but obviously they are the most risky so you want to limit selections.
Knights could be a great pick up this year, his pre season though has been un inspiring with talk of pre season injuries also.

You obviously know your stuff, Pez, but I'd say that looking at the forwards crop this year, you've got to make a gamble on a Yarran/Higgins/Knights/Petrie and just hope like hell it pays off. There's just not that many obvious cash cows in there.

No doubt you have to take a risk, the idea is to limit risk, and only take risks with a high reward.

Higgins, Petrie, Knights could all be high reward - I can't see how Yarran could be.

I think Knights is a great option..

A proven scorer ('07 ave. 90 + '08/'09 ave. 80 +) which will see his price rise substantially from the $237,500. Compare him to Yarran who is all hype from this pre season so far, at an extra $63,300, why would you go for someone who is not even a proven performer at AFL level yet?

I think Pez's advice has got in every one's head, he is a perfect cash cow, potentially even a keeper who will gain you an extra $100,000 at least and be at that price where you can trade out a rookie and upgrade Knights to a premium.

Just something to think about.

He is quite clearly not the perfect cash cow. He is $100k to expensive to be the perfect cash cow. He could be a good pick up, however you have to be wary because of his past

Hi All - Would appreciate thoughts on my team:

DEF:
Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Otten, Heppell, Duigan
Toy, Puopolo, J.Stanley

MIDS:
Chapman, Montagna, Pendlebury, Bartel, Krakouer, Hibberd
Swallow, Harris, Atley

RUCKS:
Sandilands, Jamar
Z.Smith, M.Bailey

FWDS:
N.Riewoldt, Buddy, S.Johnson, T.Varcoe, Dangerfield, Gamble, S.McKernan
Petrie, Prestia, Tapscott

Any thoughts? Im currently only stressing over Chappy however if there's any glaring holes i'd be happy to hear of it.

He is quite clearly not the perfect cash cow. He is $100k to expensive to be the perfect cash cow. He could be a good pick up, however you have to be wary because of his past

Here is a little break down about how good he could actually be Pez

Since round 1, 2007, Knights has played 63 games. In these 63 games since 2007, he has scored less than 50 a meagre 8 times, whilst on the flip side he has scored above 70 in 46 of these games, whilst 16 of these games were 100 point plus games with a top score of 158.

Now to break it down even further, last year Knights scored 6 (the game he injured himself in), 78, 71, 92 and 58, that would see his price increase a fair bit?

Using Walesy's tooserious.net breakeven calculator, Knights' price would increase upto $285,700 if he were to score 70 in the first 5 rounds whilst potentially showing something to maybe even considered a 'keeper'.

Can you tell me what the difference between a player like Knights is compared to a player like Jack Grimes (Melbourne) is? both injury ravaged youngster who have shown something, slightly tipping in Knights favor on the back of his magnificent '07 and '08 seasons.

Would love to know why you consider Grimes but not Knights?

Here is a little break down about how good he could actually be Pez

Since round 1, 2007, Knights has played 63 games. In these 63 games since 2007, he has scored less than 50 a meagre 8 times, whilst on the flip side he has scored above 70 in 46 of these games, whilst 16 of these games were 100 point plus games with a top score of 158.

Now to break it down even further, last year Knights scored 6 (the game he injured himself in), 78, 71, 92 and 58, that would see his price increase a fair bit?

Using Walesy's tooserious.net breakeven calculator, Knights' price would increase upto $285,700 if he were to score 70 in the first 5 rounds whilst potentially showing something to maybe even considered a 'keeper'.

Can you tell me what the difference between a player like Knights is compared to a player like Jack Grimes (Melbourne) is? both injury ravaged youngster who have shown something, slightly tipping in Knights favor on the back of his magnificent '07 and '08 seasons.

Would love to know why you consider Grimes but not Knights?

No doubting how good he can be, it's the fact his been on the decline since 07 and only player and only played 36 games in 3 years.

The difference between he and Grimes, is if fit, there is no doubt grimes will score the 95-100 ppg. Knights could play every game and only score in the 80 ppg vicinity.

FWIW, Grimes is currently out of my side.

Backs are really solid, like hurley in there think he might have a big year.

Mids: No complaints there either, A swallow was on my radar as well but went a different way.

Rucks: Not sure about the subs, obviously Sandi and Jolly are solid choices but don't know whether Tippett will play with Smith and Fraser doing all the ruck work.

Fwds: Really good with a risk on dangerfield, is he really worth the price they're asking?

As far as your subs go I'd look at getting Mid/Fwd in your mid subs because you have heaps of MPP's in your fwd line but none in the mids, rendering them useless for both positions when sub time comes along.

Anyways, GOOD LUCK!!!

Here's mine

I've put it up 3 times now, whilst rating other peoples first and nobody has rated it! Come on, tear it apart, suggestions, feedback anything?

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Delidio, Grimes, Otten, Heppell, Lower
Subs: Duigan, Puopolo, Toy

Mids: Selwood, Murphy, Pendlebury, Burgoyne, Swallow, Polec
Subs: Harris, I. Smith, Hibberd

Rucks: Sandilands, Cox
Subs: Z smith, Bailey

Fwds: Reiwoldt, Franklin, Goodes, Sylvia, Higgins, Krakouer, Richardson
Subs: Petrie, Matera, Prestia

Also a couple of dilemmas:

Selwood for Chappy for the MPP ability

and possibly swapping Franklin for Rioli (Risk v Reward)

Please rate it and give any suggestions and thanks for any feedback!

Hi, Firstly, how much do have left in your salary cap?

Backs: I think you have one of the stronger backlines that I have seen. Im not 100% sold on Otten yet, even though I have him in. I do like Lower as a starter to free up cash elsewhere...

Mids: Pretty strong again, bit of a risk starting 2 rookies IMO.

Rucks: Same as most people have. (very strong)

Fwds: I'm not sold on Sylvia...yet (I have my eye on how he goes the first couple of rounds). Are you looking more likely to start Prestia most weeks instead of Richardson? If so, I think your forwards aren't too bad..

No doubting how good he can be, it's the fact his been on the decline since 07 and only player and only played 36 games in 3 years.

The difference between he and Grimes, is if fit, there is no doubt grimes will score the 95-100 ppg. Knights could play every game and only score in the 80 ppg vicinity.

FWIW, Grimes is currently out of my side.

Pfft..

If Knights averages 80, that is a massive win in my eyes, better than Yarran to be honest.

Would increase enough to reach at a low $400,000 premium who has dropped inconjuction with an outgoing rookie.

Here is my team, please feel free to break it apart. I am looking to be fairly unique this year whilst still picking players who I think will rise in $$ throughout the year. (Also, is anyone thinking of leaving Goddard out for the first few weeks?? I'm thinking his price can't possibly stay that high (early in the year) and you could possibly save 50-60k?? thoughts)

Anyway, here is my team.

Backs: Gibbs, Gilbee, Grimes, Connors, Gwilt, Otten, Heppell
Toy, Lower, Batchelor

Mids: Selwood, Pendlebury, A.Swallow, Cotchin, Ward, Krakouer
Harris, Hibberd, Irons

Rucks: Cox, Ryder
Gorringe, L. Keefe

Fwds: N. Reiwoldt, Franklin, Goodes, S. Johnson, R. Gray, Yarran, Knights
Matera, C. Richardson, I. Smith

91k in the bank.

Any thoughts would be appreciated (am happy to give my opinion to others).. Cheers

Pfft..

If Knights averages 80, that is a massive win in my eyes, better than Yarran to be honest.

Would increase enough to reach at a low $400,000 premium who has dropped inconjuction with an outgoing rookie.

Not sure what I said to make you think I would want Yarran over Knights. I was considering Knights however a not so impressive pre-season doesn't put him in good stead.

(Also, is anyone thinking of leaving Goddard out for the first few weeks?? I'm thinking his price can't possibly stay that high (early in the year) and you could possibly save 50-60k?? thoughts).

I see where you're coming from, but it's not worth it for that amount of money. A lot of premiums will fall in price a little bit anyway as the rookies rise, because there is a set amount of money to go around.
You're better off saving the trade to use in the second half of the year when you're running short of trades and have blokes sitting on your bench who you want to downgrade to make you $150,000-$200,000.

with a bit of advice i have changed my team to...

Back: Goddard, Gibbs, Gilbee, Grimes, Otten, Heppel, McKernan (Duigan, Stanley , Puopolo)

Mid: Swan, Judd, Selwood, Goodes, Conca, Irons (Swallow, Bennel, Harris)

Ruc: Sandi, Cox (Smith, Bailey)

Fwd: N.Riewoldt, Pavlich, Rioli, Jurrah, Petrie, A.Krakouer, Gamble (J.Grant, Matera, C.Richardson)

i think its a bit better, maybe needs a bit of work on the forwards?

Back: Goddard, Gibbs, Gilbee, Grimes, Otten, Heppel, McKernan (Duigan, Stanley , Puopolo)

Fwd: N.Riewoldt, Pavlich, Rioli, Jurrah, Petrie, A.Krakouer, Gamble (J.Grant, Matera, C.Richardson)

Pretty standard backline, i like having 3 cheapies on the field, that seems to be where there's the most options.
I'm thinking about changing mine to that as well.

how come your starting swallow on the bench? lots of suns in your midfield. goodes looks like he might start the year a bit stronger then normal but other years he has started slow so u have been able to pick him up cheaper about round 10.

rucks are good.
i like your forwards but i've never really liked rioli as a SC player. i like jurrah, he's a freak! petrie does look cheap too if he can play all the games. looks pretty good mate.

heres mine;

Backs: goddard, gibbs, delidio, johncock, bock, otten, heppel (toy, puopolo, duigan)

Mids: ablett, swan, krakouer, macmillan, swallow, conca (harris, pittard, hibberd)

Rucks: Sandilands, cox (smith derickx)

fwds: chapman, n riewoldt , didak, harvey, pav, gamble , prestia ( matera, richardson, kerr)

havent had much of a look in a while, bit worried about stiffy but theres not many other options, i think the ball will be in the suns backline a lot so i think bock should do alright for his price.
but unsure on macmillan. may swap him to selwood and stiffy to a rookie.
also unsure on harvey but he still seems to have it. havent heard much about the your kerr either.
rip it to shreds! (only going for a league win)

Pretty standard backline, i like having 3 cheapies on the field, that seems to be where there's the most options.
I'm thinking about changing mine to that as well.

how come your starting swallow on the bench? lots of suns in your midfield. goodes looks like he might start the year a bit stronger then normal but other years he has started slow so u have been able to pick him up cheaper about round 10.

rucks are good.
i like your forwards but i've never really liked rioli as a SC player. i like jurrah, he's a freak! petrie does look cheap too if he can play all the games. looks pretty good mate.

heres mine;

Backs: goddard, gibbs, delidio, johncock, bock, otten, heppel (toy, puopolo, duigan)

Mids: ablett, swan, krakouer, macmillan, swallow, conca (harris, pittard, hibberd)

Rucks: Sandilands, cox (smith derickx)

fwds: chapman, n riewoldt , didak, harvey, pav, gamble , prestia ( matera, richardson, kerr)

havent had much of a look in a while, bit worried about stiffy but theres not many other options, i think the ball will be in the suns backline a lot so i think bock should do alright for his price.
but unsure on macmillan. may swap him to selwood and stiffy to a rookie.
also unsure on harvey but he still seems to have it. havent heard much about the your kerr either.
rip it to shreds! (only going for a league win)

rucks are solid...
chapman won't play all 22 games but will score massive when he has a good game, just like franklin... didak looks like he is passed it... don't think he will get any better...
johncock and bock will an interesting point of difference, i like the unique pick in bock... he will play close to 22 games and average close to 100 hopefully for you.
you need at least one more premium midfielder... downgrade one of the backs i think...

here is mine:

Backs: goddard, gibbs, broughton, grimes, otten, hibberd, dugigan (toy, lower, puopolo)

Mids: swan, pendlebury, watson, boyd, polec, heppell (swallow, harris, smith)

Rucks: sandilands, jamar (smith, bailey)

Fwds: riewoldt, pavlich, rioli, goodes, knights, karkouer, richardson (petrie, matera, darling)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey, this is my first attempt at supercoach. What do you think?

backs
Goddard Deledio H Shaw R Murphy Adcock Otten Heppell
(B Smith Duigan N Lower)

mids
Swan Selwood Pendlebury Pavlich Cotchin Conca
(Atley Prestia Hibberd)

Rucks
K Tippett W Minson
(Derickx R Campbell)

Forwards
N Riewoldt Franklin Rioli Varcoe LaCras Yarran Krakouer
(I Smith J darling C richardson)

hey, this is my first attempt at supercoach. What do you think?

backs
Goddard Deledio H Shaw R Murphy Adcock Otten Heppell
(B Smith Duigan N Lower)

mids
Swan Selwood Pendlebury Pavlich Cotchin Conca
(Atley Prestia Hibberd)

Rucks
K Tippett W Minson
(Derickx R Campbell)

Forwards
N Riewoldt Franklin Rioli Varcoe LaCras Yarran Krakouer
(I Smith J darling C richardson)

Hmm, ok for a 1st attempt but there is a few players that should NOT be picked. Minson is a horrible choice. You need a Sandilands or a Cox in there. Tippett is only good in the ruck if you have a RUCK/FWD in the Fwd line aka Petrie. LeCras is an average pick unless he plays up the ground. Not sure both Swan and Pendles at the start. Maybe after the Pies last bye. Bob Murphy will get injured again. H Shaw will annoy the hell out of you.

rucks are solid...
chapman won't play all 22 games but will score massive when he has a good game, just like franklin... didak looks like he is passed it... don't think he will get any better...
johncock and bock will an interesting point of difference, i like the unique pick in bock... he will play close to 22 games and average close to 100 hopefully for you.
you need at least one more premium midfielder... downgrade one of the backs i think...

here is mine:

Backs: goddard, gibbs, broughton, grimes, otten, hibberd, dugigan (toy, lower, puopolo)

Mids: swan, pendlebury, watson, boyd, polec, heppell (swallow, harris, smith)

Rucks: sandilands, jamar (smith, bailey)

Fwds: riewoldt, pavlich, rioli, goodes, knights, karkouer, richardson (petrie, matera, darling)

Looks good. Prob don't have to start Pendles and Swan but you have 2 decent backups in Swallow and Harris. Watson I'm not a fan of. Never kicks it. Broughton's durability annoys me. Good fwd line. Jamar is a unique pick. Pretty solid looking side.

Backs ok. Gilbee is a tough one. Classy kick usually but can't see his avg getting better. good mids. Goodes needs to go fwd line. 3 GC rookies are intersting. Be hope Irons and Concs gets a game 1st up. Fwds are risky. Jurrah could do anything and Gamble is one for sure.. Too much money on the fwd bench with Jarrad Grant.

Another request for help from a relative Supercoach noob

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Hurley, Otten, Toy
(Hibberd, Duigan, Lower)

MID: Judd, Pendlebury, Bartel, Boak, D. Swallow, Heppell,
(Harris, Pittard, Liberatore)

RUCK: Sandilands, Cox
(Smith, Derickx)

FWD: Riewoldt, Franklin, Goodes, Sylvia, Waite, Krakouer, Richardson
(Matera, McKernan, Darling)

my second attempt

Backs.
Goddard Deledio Gibbs Grimes Otten Heppell N Lower
(B Smith Batchelor Duigan)

Mids.
Judd Selwood Pendlebury Boyd Cotchin Conca
(D Harris Atley Hibberd)

Rucks.
Sandilands Ryder
(A Cordy Derickx)

Forwards
N Riewoldt Franklin Rioli Sylvia Yarran Krakouer Richardson
(Matera Darling I Smith)

i think that solves my ruck problems for now...

my second attempt

Backs.
Goddard Deledio Gibbs Grimes Otten Heppell N Lower
(B Smith Batchelor Duigan)

Mids.
Judd Selwood Pendlebury Boyd Cotchin Conca
(D Harris Atley Hibberd)

Rucks.
Sandilands Ryder
(A Cordy Derickx)

Forwards
N Riewoldt Franklin Rioli Sylvia Yarran Krakouer Richardson
(Matera Darling I Smith)

i think that solves my ruck problems for now...

Good side..fairly similiar to mine.
Just not sold on Sylvia but I guess he is due. Also Yarran, a unique pick but I reckon he looks better than he actually is in his new role. Dodges and weaves etc. with the ball but may not score consistently enough for my liking but you never know.

Here is mine thus far: Not sold on Judd as having Gibbs aswell I will have to burn two trade come finals time. Was thinking swapping Judd for Pendles and just copping the issues in Collingwoods byes. ? Not sure.
Please comment:

B: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Duffield, Otten, Lower (Duigan, Hibberd, Stanley)
M: Swan, Judd, Cross, Foley, Bewick, Heppell (Harris, Swallow, Prestia)
R: Sandi, Cox (Smith, J.Tippett)
F: N. Riewoldt, Franklin, Goodes, Higgins, Richardson, Krakourer, Darling (Petrie, I.Smith, Matera)

$78 Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Pfft..

In saying that Yarran at 300,000 would increase to say 400,000+ both would be handy to make 100,000+

Hi, Firstly, how much do have left in your salary cap?

Backs: I think you have one of the stronger backlines that I have seen. Im not 100% sold on Otten yet, even though I have him in. I do like Lower as a starter to free up cash elsewhere...

Mids: Pretty strong again, bit of a risk starting 2 rookies IMO.

Rucks: Same as most people have. (very strong)

Fwds: I'm not sold on Sylvia...yet (I have my eye on how he goes the first couple of rounds). Are you looking more likely to start Prestia most weeks instead of Richardson? If so, I think your forwards aren't too bad..

I've got about 28k left in my cap but I'm hoping to try and keep at least that or more with possibly having tooling instead of franklin in there.

Having Harris and swallow/polec (depending on who's averaging better) in the miss as starters most weeks is the plan for probably the first half of the season. I reckon they'll do fine :cool:

On Sylvia, I really think this will be his season where he breaks out and gets average 25 possessions and a goal or 2. Had my eye in him all preseason and is one of those players who I've had that hit feeling about and have to stick with. He's my biggest risk/reward player I think.

During the season I reckon Petrie will play most weeks in the Fwds as the f7, unless somebody starts scoring better on a regular basis but come births bye, providing either Richardson or Petrie has given me a hefty price rise Ill probably look to trade one out for an upgrade. Mzungu or callinan won't be too far off by then hopefully.

Thanks for the comments :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back