Not open for further replies.
i'd appreciate any feedback;

BACKS:Goddard, Gibbs . Deledio, Grimes, Broughton, Otten, Puopolo
Emg: Toy, Stanley, Duigan

MIDS: Pendles, Burgoyne, Bartel, Gilbee, Polec, Heppel
Emg: Callinan, Harris, Swallow

RUCKS: Sandi, Cox
EMG: Z.Smith, Derickx

Forwards: Chappy, N. Riewoldt, Rioli, Dangerfield, Sylvia,C.Richardson, J.Darling
Emg:prestia, Matera, Mzungu

Forwards: Chappy, N. Riewoldt, Rioli, Dangerfield, Sylvia,C.Richardson, J.Darling

Not bad, not bad at all, bit of a risk having Broughton, Grimes and Otten. It might pay to trade 1 of them out for a bit more security. And maybe upgrading Gilbee (unless you have picked him specifically for his MPP options) becuase he tends to go missing without any reason through the year.
Good balanced team though, not alot of weaknesses. I think there are better options than Prestia, but I think thats just my bias (gut feeling), and probably not warranted :rolleyes:.

Good team.

you're going to have a tough time in round 6 when fremantle, geelong and hawthorn have a bye.

You'll have six of your premiums out:

Broughton
Burgoyne
Bartel
Sandilands
Chapman
Rioli

- If you're really keen on keeping Gilbee in side...
- Get rid of Toy, Stanley or Puopolo and put Gilbee in BACKS.
- Now replace Gilbee in MIDS with a rookie with really good scoring potential.
- Would prefer another rookie MID scoring in MIDS rather than Gilbee clogging up space when he could just be in BACKS instead of a weaker rookie in BACKS

Hi Guys, i was reasonably successful last year without any real preperation but this season i've decided to go for out and have a genuine crack which could very well end in failure.
I've decided to break each position into 4 groups. Youth, Injuries, Improvers, Guns. I've then put players i believe to be worth while in each before selecting a group of players from each category in my final side. I'd like peoples thoughts on my side aswell as players they would add to categories not only for my help but also for other people who jump on to have a look.

DEFENDERS

Youth: Puopolo, Guthrie, Duigan, Toy, Heppell
Injuries: Otten, Adcock
Improvers: Whitecross, Wood, Shepherd, Suban, Carrazzo, Birchall
Guns: Duffield, Grimes, Deledio, Gibbs, Goddard

Final 10: Goddard, Deledio, Grimes, Birchall, Wood, Otten, Toy
EMG: Duigan, Heppell, Puopolo

MIDFIELDERS

Youth: Wallis, Liber, Atley, Savage, Mckenzie, Gaff, Bennell, Swallow
Injuries: Kerr, Hartlett, Shuey, Vince, Corey, Mclean
Improving: Lucus, Masten, Bird, Ward, Tambling, Young, Walker, Mackay, Hill, Lewis
Guns: Mundy, Boak, Mitchell, Cooney, Burgoyne, Bartel, Hayes, Gibbs, Pendlebury, Hodge, Montagna.

Final 9: Hodge, Montagna, Pendlebury, Burgoyne, Vince, Swallow
EMG: Gaff, Mckenzie, Savage

RUCKS

Youth: Dericx, Keefe, Mcnamara, Gorringe
Injuries: Campbell, Moran, Bailey, Petrie
Improvers: Stanley, Hale, Roughead, Trengove, Clarke
Guns: Cox, Mumford, Sandilands.

Final 4: Cox, Clarke EMG: Petrie, Dericx

Forwards

Youth: Callinan, Walsh, Smith, Tapscott, Richardson, Mzungu, Matera, Lynch, Prestia
Injuries: Knights, Higgins, Brown
Improvers: krakour, Vespremi, Yarran, Zaharakis, Dangerfield, Sylvia
Guns: Rioli, Pavlich, Didak, Franklin, Riewoldt

Final 10: Rioli, Franklin, Sylvia, Zaharakis, Higgins, Knights, Krakour
EMG: Mzungu, Richardson, Tapscott.

Would love to know peoples thoughts aswell as afew i might of missed out on. Probably looking more at the second tear players because i have left out certain stars for certain reasons. thanks guys

hey guys was just thinking what you think of my side

Backs: Goddard,Lake,Gibbs,Delido,H.Shaw,A.Otten,D.Heppell(S.Tape,M.Watson,W.Duigan)

Mids: Swan,Judd,Selwood,Hodge,D.Swallow,D.Harris(A.Gaff,R.Conca,S.Atley)

Forward:N.Riewoldt,Buddy,Rioli,A.Krackour,D.Petrie,T.Muzanga,B.Matera(C.Richardson,I.Smith,J.Darling)

Rucks: Sandi,Jolly (Z.Smith,R.Campbell)

Any thoughts would be great

Cheers

hey guys was just thinking what you think of my side

Backs: Goddard,Lake,Gibbs,Delido,H.Shaw,A.Otten,D.Heppell(S.Tape,M.Watson,W.Duigan)

Mids: Swan,Judd,Selwood,Hodge,D.Swallow,D.Harris(A.Gaff,R.Conca,S.Atley)

Forward:N.Riewoldt,Buddy,Rioli,A.Krackour,D.Petrie,T.Muzanga,B.Matera(C.Richardson,I.Smith,J.Darling)

Rucks: Sandi,Jolly (Z.Smith,R.Campbell)

Any thoughts would be great

Cheers

Get rid of Lake, injured.

Very standard. I think most teams will also have about 25 of those players

Also on the Selwood point.

In 2010 Ablett missed Round 6 - Selwood went on to score 140 SC points.

In 2009 Ablett missed Round 7 and 8 - Selwood scored 130 and 140 SC points respectively

He also missed Round 15 of that year - Selwood missed out on the points scoring only 80 SC

So when Ablett didn't play Selwood managed to amass 490 points in four games with an average of 122.5.

if Ablett played less last year, Selwood would have been a lock!!

Think I might have trade Chapman for Selwood after these figures. :thumbsu:

B: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Otten, Heppel (Toy, Puopolo, Dugian)
M: Swan, Montagna, Bartel, Swallow, Harris, Mzungu (Atley, Hibberd, Beams)
R: Sandilands, Cox (Smith, Derickx)
F: Riewoldt, Franklin, Goodes, S.Johnson, Sylvia, Higgins, Richardson (Matera, Michie, Callinan)

Was screwing around, managed to come up with this. 16 players I would consider keepers.

B: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Otten, Heppel (Toy, Puopolo, Dugian)
F: Riewoldt, Franklin, Goodes, S.Johnson, Sylvia, Higgins, Richardson (Matera, Michie, Callinan)

Was screwing around, managed to come up with this. 16 players I would consider keepers.

Looks good and very well balanced, but as someone said earlier - there's alot of similar looking teams popping up on this thread.

14 look to be keepers.

I would be very wary with Johnson and Higgins.

14 look to be keepers.

I would be very wary with Johnson and Higgins.

I had no idea that Higgins was such a risk. It sounds like the poor bloke is a walking time bomb :eek:

I've done a lot of twisting with this team, spent a fair amount of time on different combinations and gotten my girlfriend pissed off with Supercoach already! Although it's similar to many, everyone knows that the beauty of the game is after the first ball is bounced in Round 1 and the first ACL is torn.

I think I've got a pretty even spread with a nice amount of premium vs rookies with a twist of 'cash cow.'

I'd really appreciate your opinions guys and will happily return the favour when looking at your sides:

BACKS: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Otten, Toy, Heppell (Duigan, Puopolo, McKernan)

MIDS: Swan, Judd, Boyd, Swallow A, Swallow D, Harris (Mzungu, Hibberd, Wallis)

RUCKS: Sandilands, Cox (Smith Z, Derickx)

FWDS: Riewoldt N, Didak, Green, Goodes, Roughead, Krakouer, Richardson (Prestia, Matera, Darling)

Remaining Salary Cap = $89,200

Thanks guys!

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Enright, Grimes, Adcock, Otten, Heppel
(Duigan, Toy, Puopolo)

MID: Swan, Montagna, Boyd, Deledio, D. Swallow, Harris
(Liberatore, Callinan, Irons)

RUCK: Cox, Jolly
(Smith, Derickx)

FWD: Chapman, Riewoldt, Franklin, Didak, Dangerfield, Krakouer, Richardson (Mzungu, McKernan, Butcher)

$29,500 in the kitty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had no idea that Higgins was such a risk. It sounds like the poor bloke is a walking time bomb :eek:

I've done a lot of twisting with this team, spent a fair amount of time on different combinations and gotten my girlfriend pissed off with Supercoach already! Although it's similar to many, everyone knows that the beauty of the game is after the first ball is bounced in Round 1 and the first ACL is torn.

I think I've got a pretty even spread with a nice amount of premium vs rookies with a twist of 'cash cow.'

I'd really appreciate your opinions guys and will happily return the favour when looking at your sides:

BACKS: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Otten, Toy, Heppell (Duigan, Puopolo, McKernan)

MIDS: Swan, Judd, Boyd, Swallow A, Swallow D, Harris (Mzungu, Hibberd, Wallis)

RUCKS: Sandilands, Cox (Smith Z, Derickx)

FWDS: Riewoldt N, Didak, Green, Goodes, Roughead, Krakouer, Richardson (Prestia, Matera, Darling)

Remaining Salary Cap = $89,200

Thanks guys!

Good team but I have one rule in supercoach - never pick Roughead! So unreliable. Both Toy & Heppel in defence could prove a problem, but could be a genius move. Forward line the weakest but still good. Not sure if Green will have a repeat of his 2010 year either. I'm probably alone but I don't think Sandilands is a must have.

The same could be said for Grimes and Sylvia in regards to being risky picks. I am seeing those guys picked in an awful lot of teams on here at the moment. Personally I don't think Higgins is anymore of a gamble than those two.

Thoughts on my team thanks guys:

BACKS: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, J.Grimes, A.Otten, Cheney, Puopolo, Heppell, Coad, Duigan

MIDFIELD: G.Ablett, Swan, L.Montagna, L.Anthony, A.Krakour, D.Swallow, Atley, D.Harris, M.Hibberd

RUCKS: Sandilands, Jolly, Z.Smith, Derricx

FORWARDS: Chapman, Riewoldt, Zaharakis, Higgins, Brennan, I.Smith, C.Richardson, Mzungu, B.Matera, Howe

+ $307,000 still left in the kitty..

Am risking the purchases of the top 4 players in the game (Goddard, Swan, Ablett, Riewoldt) think they are worth every penny.

Any ideas on what I could do to adjust my team?

Thoughts?

Nobody can argue with that! As they say though your often only as good as your bottom 5 or 6 and they look a little weak (ie I.Smith, C.Richo, Cheney, Puopulo, Heppell all starting...). I think it would be worth spending some of that $307k upgrading one of those 2 cheap backs (cheney or puopulo maybe).

Zaharakis and Brennan maybe risks I would say there are better players around Zaharakis's's price range IMO and Brennan... well who knows what the hell he'll produce this year! Good luck mate.

Any comments on one of my many cracks in this pre-season would be greatly appreciated:

BACKS: Goddard, Deledio, Enright, Bock, Adcock, Otten, Heppell (Talia, Pederson, Puopulo)

MIDS: Judd, Pendlebury, Boyd, Bartel, Krakouer, Swallow (Harris, Pittard, Callinan)

RUCKS: Sandilands, Petrie (Moran, Campbell)

FWDS: N.Riewoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, Sylvia, Higgins, Dangerfield, Mzzungu (Prestia, L.Johnston, Smith)

Cash: $6,500

Thanks guys

After much consideration this is what I have come up with for my SC team for Round 1 this year:

Defenders:
Deledio(Def/Mid), Grimes, Hurn, McPhee(Def/Mid), A. Otten, Heppell(Def/Mid), Markovic(Def/Fwd)
Bench:[/COLOR]S. Tape, J. Toy, Puopolo

Midfielders:
J. Selwood, J. Watson, B. Gibbs(Def/Mid), J. Kennedy, Dangerfield, Mzungu(Fwd/Mid)
Bench: G. Ablett, D. Harris, Hibberd(Def/Mid

Ruck:
Ryder, Hale(Fwd/Ruck)
Bench:
J. Fraser, Z. Smith

Forwards:
N. Riewoldt, Pavlich(Fwd/Mid), Rioli, Sylvia(Fwd/Mid), Hurley(Def/Fwd), Gumbleton, A. Krakouer(Fwd/Mid)
Bench:
Petrie(Fwd/Ruck), Prestia(Fwd/Mid), Matera

Tried to incorporate flexibility of multi-position players without being detrimental to overall scoring and upgrade/trade potential of players. Should make the team more adaptable to cope with byes and injuries.

Players in bold are keepers.
Rookie players in italics are yet to be confirmed - will decide on how they go during final stages of NAB cup & round 1 team selections.

After much consideration this is what I have come up with for my SC team for Round 1 this year:

Defenders:
Deledio(Def/Mid), Grimes, Hurn, McPhee(Def/Mid), A. Otten, Heppell(Def/Mid), Markovic(Def/Fwd)

Midfielders:
J. Selwood, J. Watson, B. Gibbs(Def/Mid), J. Kennedy, Dangerfield, Mzungu(Fwd/Mid)

Ruck:
Ryder, Hale(Fwd/Ruck)
Bench:
J. Fraser, Z. Smith

Forwards:
N. Riewoldt, Pavlich(Fwd/Mid), Rioli, Sylvia(Fwd/Mid), Hurley(Def/Fwd), Gumbleton, A. Krakouer(Fwd/Mid)
Bench:

Tried to incorporate flexibility of multi-position players without being detrimental to overall scoring and upgrade/trade potential of players. Should make the team more adaptable to cope with byes and injuries.

Rookie players in italics are yet to be confirmed - will decide on how they go during final stages of NAB cup & round 1 team selections.

A lot of unique players / keepers. At least its a very different structure to most teams.

One definite concern would be McPhee, just pick up a rookie and splash the 200k elsewhere. Have maybe 3 rookie starting BACKS considering you have a zero starting rookie MIDS (once Ablett is in) and zero starting rookie FORWARDS

hey guys... done some tinkering with my team.. pretty happy with this effort.. all opinions good or bad are welcomed please.... dont be shy.. thank you in advance...

goddard gibbs deledio enright otten heppel duigan (strauss hibberb magin)

swan judd montagna hodge cross (harris atley wallis callinan)

sandi jolly (charman r.campbell)

riewoldt buddy pav goodes mzungu richardson darling (smith harper matera)

36 k in bank, still tossing up between pav/ didak.....
please note all rookies are not final

hey guys... done some tinkering with my team.. pretty happy with this effort.. all opinions good or bad are welcomed please.... dont be shy.. thank you in advance...

goddard gibbs deledio enright otten heppel duigan (strauss hibberb magin)

swan judd montagna hodge cross (harris atley wallis callinan)

sandi jolly (charman r.campbell)

riewoldt buddy pav goodes mzungu richardson darling (smith harper matera)

36 k in bank, still tossing up between pav/ didak.....
please note all rookies are not final
Hodge is a gun player but has/will have no preseason going into round 1. Could easily be worth the risk though because he is a gun.

Your ruck bench is really bad. Charman might not play a game this year, same goes for Campbell who is recovering from injury and will miss the first few rounds of the season at a minimum.

Your forward line looks fairly weak too considering you're starting Darling on the ground, but that's what you're going to get with 5 midfield premiums.

In saying that all your premiums look solid and like you said you'll change your rookies, but it's a balancing act as to where you have your rookies starting.

yeh mate the rookies are most definitly not set in stone, i had to do some tinkering because i had 4 prem mids and i wanted 5, so i had to tinker a bit, but thats the risks and rewards of supercoach.... thanks heaps for ur advice mate, will watch hodge very closely, thanks agin bud all the best

Def: Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Rawlings, Grimes, Otten, Heppell (Toy, Duigan, Poupolo)

Midfield: Murphy, Pendlebury, A. Swallow, D.Swallow, K.Jack, L.Anthony (Harris, Atley, Wallis)

Ruck: Sandilands, Petrie (Zac Smith, R.Campbell)

Forward: N.Riewoldt, Rioli, J.Riewoldt, Franklin, Krakouer, C.Richardson, Higgins (Mzungu, Matera, Callinan)

About 26k left over.

I've picked my team on a growth basis. Not trying to win the comp, but have a competitive enough team, and then trade out the cash cows, as most players in the team have scope for improvement (Sandilands aside). Thoughts?

Defenders:

Midfielders:

Ruck:
Ryder, Hale(Fwd/Ruck)
Bench:
J. Fraser, Z. Smith

Forwards:
Bench:

I really like the way you have taken the time to get so many multi position players in your side. It is a side you can really tinker with when things get hard toward the end of the season.
Great effort! You should have some fun decisions to make during the year.

Your thoughts would be appreciated thanks!

Defenders - Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Laidler, Otten, Heppel (Bench: Duigan, Puopolo, Talia ).

Midfield - Swan, Judd, Selwood, Goodes, D.Swallow, Gaff (Bench D.Harris, Atley, Callinan)

Rucks - Sandilands, Cox (Z.Smith, Derickx)

Forwards - N.Riewoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, J.Brown, Krakouer, Gamble, Mzungu (Bench C.Richardson, I.Smith, Darling.

Rem. Salary Cap 55,500

Your thoughts would be appreciated thanks!

Defenders - Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Laidler, Otten, Heppel (Bench: Duigan, Puopolo, Talia ).

Midfield - Swan, Judd, Selwood, Goodes, D.Swallow, Gaff (Bench D.Harris, Atley, Callinan)

Rucks - Sandilands, Cox (Z.Smith, Derickx)

Forwards - N.Riewoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, J.Brown, Krakouer, Gamble, Mzungu (Bench C.Richardson, I.Smith, Darling.

Rem. Salary Cap 55,500

Don't Goodes in the midfield. Gamble and Krakouer aren't worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back