Rate My Team (Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so here goes attempt number 1 at making my team.

Def: Goddard, Gibbs, Grimes, Broughton, Adcock, Heppell, Otten <Toy, Batchelor, Puopolo>

Mids: Swan, Cross, Judd, Anthony, Higgins, Swallow <Gaff, Harris, Wallis>

Rucks: Sandilands, Cox <Smith, Campbell>

Fwds: Chapman, Riewoldt, Franklin, Jurrah, Krakouer, Gamble, Smith <Mzungu, Matera, Richardson.

Please dont critize the rookies too much as they will more than likely be finally decided on just before round 1. Any rookies to look out for, by all means, let me know.

The plan so far is to get Petrie in about Round 5 when his price will be ready to go up. Cox will come out, Petrie in. Im expecting about 20 points difference between them, but the extra $250K will help upgrade Jurrah in the forward line, Adcock in the defence or Higgins/Anthony in the middle.

Let me know what you think!

The most ridiculous thing I have heard.

Players in your team I would query

Broughton, Adcock, Higgins, Jurrah, Krakouer, Gamble and Smith (especially if you have him starting.)

The most ridiculous thing I have heard.

Players in your team I would query

Broughton, Adcock, Higgins, Jurrah, Krakouer, Gamble and Smith (especially if you have him starting.)

That ridiculous type of thinking got me in the top 900 last year. If you look at everyone elses team, they are pretty generic - always look similar.

Broughton - will either hold onto his average from last year or improve slightly. He did better than average when Barlow was playing.

Adcock - Adelaide are elevating rookies to fill the holes in their team. Adcock will be a player put in a position where more is expected of him. His value will go up enough to be traded out later on.

Higgins - Why are people dumb enough to question this? He is a proven preformer, he is capable of decent scores and he has had a extra month more than every other player to get his body into condition.

Jurrah - Yeah, really dont know about this guy. But am lacking that mid-ranged player. Dangerfield and Yarren are options but there is no stand-out player to pick.

Gamble/Smith - Rookies will be picked closer to round 1 once performance and availablity for round 1 becomes clearer.

That ridiculous type of thinking got me in the top 900 last year. If you look at everyone elses team, they are pretty generic - always look similar.

Broughton - will either hold onto his average from last year or improve slightly. He did better than average when Barlow was playing.

Adcock - Adelaide are elevating rookies to fill the holes in their team. Adcock will be a player put in a position where more is expected of him. His value will go up enough to be traded out later on.

Higgins - Why are people dumb enough to question this? He is a proven preformer, he is capable of decent scores and he has had a extra month more than every other player to get his body into condition.

Jurrah - Yeah, really dont know about this guy. But am lacking that mid-ranged player. Dangerfield and Yarren are options but there is no stand-out player to pick.

Gamble/Smith - Rookies will be picked closer to round 1 once performance and availablity for round 1 becomes clearer.

Not doubting your top 900 at all :rolleyes:

Broughton played 15 games in his last two years, and from reports hasn't had the best pre-season - surely that's somewhat of a worry

Yeah, Adcock will do well for Adelaide :thumbsu:

You know with Adock its got nothing to do with him as a player, but more the fact his body can;t stand up to AFL footy, yeah?

Higgins, is a gun, granted. He is query, though because he always finds a way to get injured.

Jurrah will not be a keeper this year. He's ceilings will be high, but he'll put in some shockers.

Gamble will struggle to get near it, like last night, when Riewoldt is in the team.

And i still can't make any sense of getting rid of Cox after Round 4 for Petrie.

Not doubting your top 900 at all :rolleyes:

Broughton played 15 games in his last two years, and from reports hasn't had the best pre-season - surely that's somewhat of a worry

Yeah, Adcock will do well for Adelaide :thumbsu:

Higgins, is a gun, granted. He is query, though because he always finds a way to get injured.

Jurrah will not be a keeper this year. He's ceilings will be high, but he'll put in some shockers.

Gamble will struggle to get near it, like last night, when Riewoldt is in the team.

So who would you replace for Broughton? Deledio is a gun player, but will play in a team that will lose to much. Hurn and Drummond are the same. Malceski, Scotland and Gilbee dont look like improving to higher scores. Which leaves Milburn in a shaky Geelong or Bruce for the Hawks. I already have 3 Hawks in the team and a 4th will hurt during the bye.

I doubt Higgins creativeness to get injured. Its a worthwhile risk. I actually thought you would pick Anthony as a weak spot.

Agreed about Jurrah. Who would you pick?

So who would you replace for Broughton? Deledio is a gun player, but will play in a team that will lose to much. Hurn and Drummond are the same. Malceski, Scotland and Gilbee dont look like improving to higher scores. Which leaves Milburn in a shaky Geelong or Bruce for the Hawks. I already have 3 Hawks in the team and a 4th will hurt during the bye.

I doubt Higgins creativeness to get injured. Its a worthwhile risk. I actually thought you would pick Anthony as a weak spot.

Agreed about Jurrah. Who would you pick?

Deledio averaged 100 last year, what more do you want?

And I didn't say Higgins was a bad option, he just has a query over him due to be injury prone.

BACKS : Goddard , Gibbs , Newman , Grimes , Otten , Heppel , Puopolo BENCH : Hunt , Toy , Duigan

MIDS : Swan , Judd , hodge , Jack , Gaff , Conca BENCH : Swallow , Polec , Harris

RUCKS : Sandilands , Jolly BENCH : Smith , derrickx

FORWARDS : Riewoldt , Franklin , Pavlich , Higgins , Krakouer , Mzungu , Knights BENCH : Prestia , Matera , Callinan

what do use think i got 150k left

Nothing wrong with Deledio, just that Richmond wont do well this year. Teams that improve will have players scores go up. Melbourne is my roughie team to make the finals this year.

Taking into consideration what you have said. Version 2

Def: Goddard, Gibbs, Grimes, Shaw, Adcock, Heppell, Otten <Toy, Batchelor, Puopolo>

Rucks: Sandilands, Jolly <Smith, Campbell>

Fwds: Chapman, Riewoldt, Franklin, Yarren, Krakouer, Prestia, Smith <Mzungu, Matera, Richardson>

Def: Goddard, Gibbs, Grimes, Shaw, Adcock, Heppell, Otten <Toy, Batchelor, Puopolo>

Rucks: Sandilands, Jolly <Smith, Campbell>

Fwds: Chapman, Riewoldt, Franklin, Yarren, Krakouer, Prestia, Smith <Mzungu, Matera, Richardson>

Stop thinking about teams that will do well, and just pick players that do well. If you were playing 10-15 years ago would you not have picked Robert Harvey or Buckley because their teams were no good?

Why did you get rid of Cox, I like him I just don;t understand why you would trade hi out after 4 rounds.

You still have Adcock in your team, and every side has Heath Shaw figured out, that's why he averages far less than he use to.

I'm not sold on Yarran or Krakouer atm, so outside of your 3 premiums you have a pretty poor line forward line.

Stop thinking about teams that will do well, and just pick players that do well. If you were playing 10-15 years ago would you not have picked Robert Harvey or Buckley because their teams were no good?

Why did you get rid of Cox, I like him I just don;t understand why you would trade hi out after 4 rounds.

My mistake, didnt have him at the start. Had Jolly.

You still have Adcock in your team, and every side has Heath Shaw figured out, that's why he averages far less than he use to.

I'm not sold on Yarran or Krakouer atm, so outside of your 3 premiums you have a pretty poor line forward line.

After a bit of changing around.

Def: Goddard, Gibbs, Grimes, Newman, Adcock, Heppell, Otten <Toy, Batchelor, Puopolo>

Mids: Swan, Cross, Judd, Anthony, Polec, Swallow <Gaff, Harris, Wallis>

Rucks: Sandi, Jolly <Smith, Campbell>

Fwds: Chapman, Riewoldt, Franklin, Higgins, Dangerfield, Prestia, Smith <Mzungu, Matera, Richardson>

You don't seem to be addressing the main points.
Dangerfield is in the same boat as Yarran - He will need to improve by 30 ppg to become a keeper.

You won't pick Deledio because of the side he plays for, yet you can pick Newman?

Getting close to a lock (obviously barring any other Callinan style mini tragedies and keeping Rd 1 selection in mind) but would appreciate a fresh set of eyes and any thoughts.

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Otten, Puopolo
(Stanley, Toy, Hibberd)

MID: Swan, Chapman, Kennedy, Anthony, Houli, Heppell
(Swallow, Harris, Smith)

RUC: Sandilands, Cox
(Smith, Derickx)

FWD: Reiwoldt, Franklin, McGlynn, Higgins, Petrie, Krakoeur, Mzungu
(Prestia, Richardson, Matera)

CASH LEFT: $30,000

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has got touches in the NAB, however do turn it over alot. this beig said has the ability to play both tall and small, and wil take the 3rd or even 4th forward when fletcher and pears return. thus having the ability to rack up a few touches.

Here my team so far... any suggestions

Backs
Goddard, gibbs, deledio, laidler, otten, heppel, B Smith, EMG(faulks, toy, hibberd)

Mids
Swan, judd, montagna, pendlebury, B Martin(barring injury), swallow, EMG (Gaff, Harris, Wallis)

Rucks
Sandy, Clark, EMG (Z Smith Campbell)

Forwards
Chapman, Didak, Harvey, Rioli, Duncan, A Krakouer, prestia, EMG (Dixon, L johnson, Pitt)

Tell me what you think
Backs-B.Goddard B.Deledio J.Grimes A.Carrazzo J.Adcock D.Myers E.Wood
(B.Smith J.Toy M.Hibberd)
MIDS-L.Montagna S.Pendelbury R.Okeefe D.Rich D.Swallow A.Gaff (J.polec D.Heppell M.Wallis)
Rucks-A.Sandilands M.Clark (S.Hampson Z.Smith)
Forwards-P.Chapman N.Riewoldt C.Sliva S.Higgins D.Petrie A.Krakouer D.Prestia (C.Richardson T.Mzungu I.smith)

Here's mine after a bit more tinkering;

DEF:

Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Heppell, Otten, Puopolo

Coad, Toy, Duigan

MID:

Swan, Judd, Hodge, Selwood, Krakouer, D.Swallow

Gaff, Smith, Wallis

RUCK:

Sandilands, Jolly

Petrie, Bailey

FWD:

Riewoldt, Franklin, Rioli, Goodes, Higgins, Mzungu, Matera

Darling, Callinan, Schneider

Tell me what you think
Backs-B.Goddard B.Deledio J.Grimes A.Carrazzo J.Adcock D.Myers E.Wood
(B.Smith J.Toy M.Hibberd)
MIDS-L.Montagna S.Pendelbury R.Okeefe D.Rich D.Swallow A.Gaff (J.polec D.Heppell M.Wallis)
Rucks-A.Sandilands M.Clark (S.Hampson Z.Smith)
Forwards-P.Chapman N.Riewoldt C.Sliva S.Higgins D.Petrie A.Krakouer D.Prestia (C.Richardson T.Mzungu I.smith)

I have question marks over the following players in your team;

O'Keefe
Rich
Carrazzo

I have question marks over the following players in your team;

O'Keefe
Rich
Carrazzo

Yep, add Clarke in the ruck.

And the forwards are far too risky.

You have Adcock in your team, as well as Myers and Wood it is very unlikely all will improve to the level they need to become keepers.

Here's mine after a bit more tinkering;

DEF:
Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Heppell, Otten, Puopolo
Coad, Toy, Duigan

MID:

Swan, Judd, Hodge, Selwood, Krakouer, D.Swallow
Gaff, Smith, Wallis

RUCK:

Sandilands, Jolly
Petrie, Bailey

FWD:
Riewoldt, Franklin, Rioli, Goodes, Higgins, Mzungu, Matera
Darling, Callinan, Schneider

3 Hawks premiums. Hodge has had a slow pre-season also - At his price there are less risky options.
Pertie out 2 out of first 3 rounds.
Higgins risky especially in your team where F6-7 are rookies
D7 is poor
Goodes struggles to score in the forward line.
Callinan is injured

Just put one together roughly, interested in any opinions

Goddard, Deledio, Broughton, H Shaw, Grimes, Otten, Heppell (Toy, Duigan, Puopolo)
Swan, Selwood, Montagna, Ward, Polec, Wallis (Swallow, D Harris, Curnow)
Cox, Jolly (Z Smith, Derickx)
Riewoldt, Franklin, Rioli, S Johnson, Higgins, Knights, Krakouer (Matera, Mzungu, Richardson)

maybe a bit light on in the mids..

Goddard, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Adcock, Otten, Heppell
(Toy/Duigan/Lower)

Swan, Selwood, Chapman, Hayes, Mzungu, Hibberd,
(Harris/Swallow/Atley)

Sandi, Cox
(Moran/Derickx)

N. Riewoltd, Franklin, Pav, Sylvia, Krakouer, Richardson, Darling
(Petrie/Matera/Smith)

Still got $70,000 in bank and dont know bout Adcock still... had Drummond but not sure if he's fit?
Planning on swapping Chappy back into Fwds later when Krakouer has gone up and can upgrade him in mids to Hodge/Pendles or something..

Any thoughts?

Goddard, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Adcock, Otten, Heppell
(Toy/Duigan/Lower)

Swan, Selwood, Chapman, Hayes, Mzungu, Hibberd,
(Harris/Swallow/Atley)

Sandi, Cox
(Moran/Derickx)

N. Riewoltd, Franklin, Pav, Sylvia, Krakouer, Richardson, Darling
(Petrie/Matera/Smith)

Still got $70,000 in bank and dont know bout Adcock still... had Drummond but not sure if he's fit?
Planning on swapping Chappy back into Fwds later when Krakouer has gone up and can upgrade him in mids to Hodge/Pendles or something..

Any thoughts?

I wouldnt have chappy this year espically in the mids much better and more consitant options

Can you get abit of extra cash to upgrade adcock to someone like heath shaw

This is my team
DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Toy, Otten, Heppell (D.Stanley, Poupolo ,Duigan )

MID: Swan, Judd, Cross, Selwood, D.Swallow, Anthony (Hibberd, Mzungu, Harris)

RUCK: Sandilands, Goldstien (Z.Smith,Bailey)

FWD: Franklin, Riewoldt, Green ,Goodes, Krakouer, Knights, Richardson (Callinan, Matera, I.Smith)

Remaining salary cap:34,800

B:Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Duffield, Grimes, Otten, Toy
(Puopulo, Duigan, Hibbard)
C:Swan, Boyd, Montgana, Swallow, Krakoeur, Gaff
(Heppell, Harris, Smith)
R:Sandilands, Cox
(Smith, Derrickx)
F:N Riewoldt, Rioli, Johnson, Slyvia, Higgins, Knights, Mzungu
(Richardson, Prestia, Matera)
$90,000 left
Not sold on Knights but there are other options around that price in Petrie, Gamble and Zeszpremio or another rookie and u which I will look at...
Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back