Preview Rd 1 Geelong v Essendon Sat March 19 2:10 pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am gonna say it now, so people can call me on it later if i am wrong. But we will not be a threat this year if we are playing all of Blicavs, Stanley and Sav in the same team. They are too slow to manage the fast football we will need to play, and too unsure about their disposal while under pressure.

Thinking of this from Kingy yesterday

Cooper's debut appears on hold but now named an emergency? Not suggesting he'll be the sub, but is that something of an indication about player unavailability where a player who many were hoping would debut, had that debut chance talked down and is now an emergency, or using this as a chance of getting him around the senior players prior to his debut?

Will be interesting to see if the club can squeeze one more reasonable season out of Sel or if he'll just hit the wall completely and blow a piston. The latter seems more likely to me, given the midfield will be more under the pump and the service in the guts wont really get any better. We don't really have any genuine replacements coming through the ranks, so against A-grade midfields, we'll get torched this year, you'd think.

Reckon we win this one, though.

Not a single supporter would have had Higgins and Dahl in their teams from about round 5 last year when it was obvious they were both cooked. They still played out the majority of the season though so can hardly blame the journalist for putting them in this year, over to Scott to see if he has changed or not.

Taking apologies for that journo :mad:

I am usually pro club but Dahl gets as many kicks as I did when I played. Pressure acts alone aren’t enough to warrant selection.

I am gravely concerned about what is happening down the highway. They've learnt nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Braindead.

Narkle and Stephens need to be in that team, Dahlhaus never again. Higgins sub (at best).

I am just speechless.

I got tickets last week and this team selection has put a very sour taste in my mouth. It's disturbing I am almost hoping we get belted so SOMETHING changes.

How sad is that?

Appalling message to young chaps - why bother drafting them?

At least 5 in the published team shouldn't be there.

Kelly and Egan have, it would appear, toed the party line. Scott is a stubborn old fool if he can't understand what supporters want to see, namely something to give us hope for the future. There is no future in some of those named. None.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe.

We have very limited control over these things, but I would’ve had Evans and Narkle on the bench with Higgins as the sub.

Dahlhaus would be no where near the team.

Reports from training yesterday seemed to indicate Evans was likely to play, while Higgins & Dahlhaus looked on the outer and not exactly part of the main group

It would be interesting to see what's happened during the last 24 hours - are a few players sore or due to the availability or more so the unavailability of certain players, has that changed things at the selection table...

Yes, but surely Evans before one of them.
I would have thought Evans before Dahlhaus

Though Higgins before Narkle doesn't totally surprise me - Narkle's best position is as an in the guts midfielder, and looking at the list of those available versus unavailable, P we're actually pretty good in the department & it doesn't really open a spot for him

Good Higgins is better on the outside & as a link up option than Narkle; so maybe they're hoping to see a repeat of what was on offer against Richmond

Like most, disappointed with Dahl selection. But this is still a side good enough to hey it done against a side with a very average forward line and so so back line. We will get it done. Might be ugly, but we will get the 4 points

On SM-A526B using BigFooty.com mobile app

If you're coming from Geelong then it's a negative for this game - all Geelong trains will terminate at Wyndham Vale and buses from there
If you're coming from Geelong then it's a negative for this game - all Geelong trains will terminate at Wyndham Vale and buses from there

Such a stupid route- the bus ends up taking ages crawling through Werribee to get to Wyndham vale and it’s almost quicker just to drive to southern cross

I would have thought Evans before Dahlhaus

Though Higgins before Narkle doesn't totally surprise me - Narkle's best position is as an in the guts midfielder, and looking at the list of those available versus unavailable, P we're actually pretty good in the department & it doesn't really open a spot for him
Maybe, but on the basis of that logic, Cooper Stephens might struggle to get a game too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back