Preview Rd 10 2013: Brisbane Lions v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for Longer to take his dominant reserves tap work to the next level.

On the very optimistic way of looking at it, in the next six weeks the ruckman Billy will be up against are all not very experienced, or in Jolly's case in poor form. His next six weeks will be Jolly/Witts, (bye week), Clarke/Hannah, West/Blicavs, Bailey/Hale and Gorringe/Day. So it's a soft part of the draw ruckman wise.

Don't think the will bring Ace in if Bronwy is out. Think Ace's card has been marked. Clarke will come back in, Michael should go forward. McKeever might get a run as well as he can play both ends and provide a chop to Clarke and Patfull if defense struggles.

Good luck for Friday, should be a decent competition. The Lions are up and about this season.

I'm a big fan of Redden (mostly due to Dream Team), love his work on ball and how he can move to a wing and lock it down. Wish we had someone like him at the pies. Haven't heard much about his contract status, will he be a Lion for life?

If we win this game with all these odds stacked against us, there will be a mass-burning of Paddlepop guernseys on Stanley Street after the game.

What worries me is if we lose no matter how gallant we are the club will be on the front foot saying this is why we shouldn't change the jumper.

Could be a good opportunity to play the 2 rangas in the forward line at the same time? Especially if there is a chance of rain Friday night.
Ranga2(banfield) was injured on the weekend in the ressies by the sound of the review in the reserves thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck for Friday, should be a decent competition. The Lions are up and about this season.

I'm a big fan of Redden (mostly due to Dream Team), love his work on ball and how he can move to a wing and lock it down. Wish we had someone like him at the pies. Haven't heard much about his contract status, will he be a Lion for life?

You...You have seen our outs, right?

Potentially you are facing us without our best forward; Brown, our best midfielder; Rich, our best Defender; Merrett, and our best Ruckman; Burger.

You...You have seen our outs, right?

Potentially you are facing us without our best forward; Brown, our best midfielder; Rich, our best Defender; Merrett, and our best Ruckman; Burger.

You still have good run and carry from the backline, a brigade of smalls in Rockliff, Zorko and Green that can expose our backline that's vulnerable to pacy forwards and solid clearance work with Moloney, Hanley, Redden and Rockliff.

Don't count yourselves out yet... This pies outfit is about as Jekyll and Hyde as it gets.

Shame about Leuenberger injured for 4-6 weeks, but in a freakishly stupid way, I'm happy that he gets to rest his Achilles. Not that it's showing signs of flaring up, it's good to rest it every now and then.

Hope Brown gets through the tribunal today.

We're going to have a very, very strong finish to the season with Rich, Merrett, Maguire, Leuenberger, Martin, Polec all returning from injury in the coming weeks.

i'm so ******* pissed off right now, our club is riddled with injuries and suspensions.. how unlucky are we as a club

collingwood will win this by 42 just from the fact we are missing far to many players

at least we aren't north Melbourne though
We've got like 6 rookies upgraded on our list lol.

We've got like 6 rookies upgraded on our list lol.

Yeah, but you are a side that has been top 4 for several years. We're a side that has played finals once in past 9 years. When we lose one of our best players, it is hard for us to compete. This week, we could lose 4.....

A
Yeah, but you are a side that has been top 4 for several years. We're a side that has played finals once in past 9 years. When we lose one of our best players, it is hard for us to compete. This week, we could lose 4.....
All I'm saying is, don't be afraid to put a cheeky $20 on Brisbane @ 3.00-something.
I think I saw somewhere we r playing around 5 or 6 players thats played 20 games or under. Plus you beat essendon a couple weeks ago :p I know my team well and there confidence is shot, no way are we gonna win by 42 like someone said, it's going to bed a hard tight game, especially in the wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back