Carlton v Brisbane Lions

10 Ed Curnow (Carl)
8 Tom Rockliff (BL)
5 Jacob Weitering (Carl)
4 Sam Kerridge (Carl)
2 Patrick Cripps (Carl)
1 Mitch Robinson (BL)

The 4 best CFC players got the votes.

EDIT: Don't think it will be the last time that aerobic beasts are in our best, either. Going to happen more often as the season goes on.

I'll have a stab.

Leppitsch

5. Curnow
4. Rockliff
3. Kerridge
2. Weitering
1. Robinson

Bolton

5. Curnow
4. Rockliff
3. Weitering
2. Cripps
1. Kerridge

CkQCPEJVAAAgTXC.jpg

Terrific thanks Wook.

Just on the OTC segment on Casey they didn't show the two previous involvements he had in that play.

So he was involved from the wing on one side of the ground , to back flank/ pocket, across the HB line to the other flank, then through the middle before receiving it back near the centre and giving it lace out into our forward line .

It was amazing in one sense and an outright training drill in another.

How good is it that others are seeing what we were seeing ages ago?

I feel vindication for thinking our list was not as bad as we were playing and that we didnt need to start again.

It was very frustrating for us to have a whole list denigrated with no comeback until the results came.

Team of the Week - Rnd 11

Well done boys! :thumbsu:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-06-07/team-of-the-week-round-11

TOTW-B-2016_RD11.jpg

JACOB WEITERING (Carlton) – Another impressive effort from the first-year rookie, Weitering was a star in defence against the Lions with 14 marks and 24 touches.

TOTW-HB-2016_RD11.jpg

ZACH TUOHY (Carlton) – The Irishman had 23 possessions and over 82 per cent efficiency and used his quality kick to set up plenty of attacks across half-back and through the midfield.

I don't think I'd recognise Weiters if he smiled.

There are a few shots of him smiling but his smile is more like begrudgingly baring his teeth with a gun pointed at him off camera. Very intense young man.

Great post :thumbsu:

It's like people have forgotten that we got Cripps after we finished 6th in 2013.
And the talk so far on this years' draft is that there's no clear #1 and that the talent is quite deep.

If ever there was a year where ladder position isn't as important to gaining a talented kid then this might be it.

As long as the type of player (mid, KPD, KPF, etc) we want is still available at our pick.

I feel vindication for thinking our list was not as bad as we were playing and that we didnt need to start again.

It was very frustrating for us to have a whole list denigrated with no comeback until the results came.
I've been thinking the same thing.

For so long we've been hearing from the "experts" in the media how woeful our list was. But when I checked our list out it never looked that bad, although the results weren't coming.

Granted we've had a significant turnover, but I think with our current, modern gameplan, and BB at the helm, last years' playing list would've been miles ahead of where it ended up.

Draw your own conclusions I guess ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is exactly how I felt all of last year; I consume media about footy frantically, to the point where it's borderline a problem, and to have players who we KNEW were better than they showed last year yet without any real ability to demonstrate it outside of the dubious. It also infuriates me that over the last few rounds last year, the media who were happy to give it to our list ignored how we only had the twenty six players available for the last round, indicating a significant injury problem.

To have had this turnaround, where the entire media following the sport has come out and said that we may actually not need the full rebuild is a borderline admission that they were wrong about our list. That we do need to continue to build young talent is rather obvious, but the degree to which our side is improving weekly tells us that we have much more ability and grit than was assumed by those outside.

Sorry to bump up an old thread. However, did anyone else notice at the end of the game Everitt not singing the song? The camera panned to him a few times, he didn't start until about half way through and even then it looked like he was maybe just mouthing it.

Sorry to bump up an old thread. However, did anyone else notice at the end of the game Everitt not singing the song? The camera panned to him a few times, he didn't start until about half way through and even then it looked like he was maybe just mouthing it.

He's very chilled is Everitt.....sometimes too chilled.

It's cold when you mount Everitt. :)

15 list changes at the end of last year and a whole lot more at the end of this year is evidence the list was in pretty bad shape. The speed with which Bolton has been able to get this side playing his way, and the success of the Sos wheeling and dealing has taken everyone by surprise. It's great to see players like Casey taking the step and others like Army and Rowe reducing the changers and making mostly positive contributions.

15 list changes at the end of last year and a whole lot more at the end of this year is evidence the list was in pretty bad shape. The speed with which Bolton has been able to get this side playing his way, and the success of the Sos wheeling and dealing has taken everyone by surprise. It's great to see players like Casey taking the step and others like Army and Rowe reducing the changers and making mostly positive contributions.

I am more talking about individuals on our list.

I knew that we had a lot of players that had been good previously and would be again.

From last year, Gibbs, Murphy, Simpson, Kreuzer, Docherty, Tuohy, Cripps, Armfield, Curnow. I knew those guys could be good again but aside from Cripps they were written off or ignored as part of the collective from media or within the AFL community.

We knew that Byrne was good but injured.

We probably didn't know that Rowe would get his mojo back.

We probably didn't realise that Graham would struggle with the new game plan or that Boekhorst would be injured and not as quick to pick it up on the other hand.

We probably hoped Thomas would finally show something.

Point is that so many were dismissed by those outside the club when really they should have been considered the platform to build from.

I am more talking about individuals on our list.

I knew that we had a lot of players that had been good previously and would be again.

From last year, Gibbs, Murphy, Simpson, Kreuzer, Docherty, Tuohy, Cripps, Armfield, Curnow. I knew those guys could be good again but aside from Cripps they were written off or ignored as part of the collective from media or within the AFL community.

We knew that Byrne was good but injured.

We probably didn't know that Rowe would get his mojo back.

We probably didn't realise that Graham would struggle with the new game plan or that Boekhorst would be injured and not as quick to pick it up on the other hand.

We probably hoped Thomas would finally show something.

Point is that so many were dismissed by those outside the club when really they should have been considered the platform to build from.

Yeah, it's great to see a lot of those guys extracting the best from themselves, I guess outsiders saw what we dished up last year and expected more of the same. The likely numbers involved in the list turnover in Sos' first 2 years is a reflection of the quality of the list post Malthouse/Rogers though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 11 Blues defeat Lions by 38 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back