Autopsy Rd 11 Blues defeat Lions by 38 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Well you will not like it if, as a result of too much unexpected success this year, we go backwards next year. Don't forget that a number of teams are either hit with many unexpected injuries(Freo, Suns, Colliwobbles, Tuggers) or unusual disqualifications ( Essendope).
I understand the aversion to my view, and it does threaten to kill the current joy, but I would be surprised if the List managers and Bolts want to finish 9th this season.

Well you will not like it if, as a result of too much unexpected success this year, we go backwards next year. Don't forget that a number of teams are either hit with many unexpected injuries(Freo, Suns, Colliwobbles, Tuggers) or unusual disqualifications ( Essendope).
I understand the aversion to my view, and it does threaten to kill the current joy, but I would be surprised if the List managers and Bolts want to finish 9th this season.

I expect they would prefer to finish in the top 8.

Going to the footy has been tinged with vuja de lately. An eerie sense that I've never seen us like this before.

Going to the footy lately has been ****ing awesome!

Is this dejavu or have I heard this about 5 times already this year? :)

Tuohy is a very valuable piece of our back-line puzzle....and will continue to be so....even for his odd mistake.

Incremental improvements :$ . I think his form and fortunes have very much mirrored the team's. It took him a little while to learn how to play a different way (he has clearly been told it is not enough to fight fire with fire as he has done in previous years; if he is going to play in the back six, he needs to defend accountably first and worry about all the fancier offensive stuff second). To his credit, he has worked enormously hard on the defensive side of his game. If there was a knock on him, it was that the opposition could usually be productive channelling play through his opponent. That's no longer the case, and I'm really impressed by his ability and willingness to adapt his game for the betterment of the side :thumbsu:.

The Tigers may have something to say about us finishing 9th:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Incremental improvements :$ . I think his form and fortunes have very much mirrored the team's. It took him a little while to learn how to play a different way (he has clearly been told it is not enough to fight fire with fire as he has done in previous years; if he is going to play in the back six, he needs to defend accountably first and worry about all the fancier offensive stuff second). To his credit, he has worked enormously hard on the defensive side of his game. If there was a knock on him, it was that the opposition could usually be productive channelling play through his opponent. That's no longer the case, and I'm really impressed by his ability and willingness to adapt his game for the betterment of the side :thumbsu:.
He's still getting caught HTB at least once a game which drives me mental.

Nah Kerridge/Curnow BOG.

Watched the replay again just then and while Weitering's marking was terrific, there were a number of poor kicks involved.
Kerridge & Curnow a bigger influence for mine.
Yeah fair enough mate...it was difficult for me to see most of the in and under stuff from my vantage point. Weitering was a bit more obvious though. Is there a way to look at how many rebounds out of defence he produced?
I'll be watching the replay when I get back home in a couple of days... I'm sure I'll have a different view of the game then.

I'm really getting sick of people wishing we were shitter so we can get better draft picks. Look how well that's worked for us over the last however-many years. How about we back our recruiters to pick a decent player at pick 10, rather than wishing we were crap enough for 1 or 2.

Is this dejavu or have I heard this about 5 times already this year? :)

Tuohy is a very valuable piece of our back-line puzzle....and will continue to be so....even for his odd mistake.
Most of the Touhy talk this year has been a little negative.

For mine until this game he's been solid but not really impacting.

I was happily impressed with his game this week. Confident and effective.

That's it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 11 Blues defeat Lions by 38 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back