Autopsy Rd 12 Carlton v Geelong Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't even care about Jeff dropping the head. Lack of confidence I can maybe forgive. It's the utter and distinct lack of effort, the lazy chases while he's still in the contest, letting his man run off and trailing 20 metres behind that absolutely killed the team.

He missed the opportunity to kick a goal or two by dropping his head. He cost the team a two goals or three through sheer laziness.

Unforgivable. Must be dropped this week. When the rest of the team was busting a gut he was standing there with hands on hips.
I also just remembered (listening to Finey) He had that snap chance late 20 out, kicked it into a geelong players hands. Not good enough.

Blues come out in wrong shorts

Blues come out in wrong shorts

AFL should double the $5,000 to deter the egregious travesty this is wearing the wrong shorts.

Are they having a laugh?
The away team wears the white shorts... it's been that way since I can remember (how else can you tell which team is which, when the tuggers were playing the dons especially, on a B&W TV...

If I was Carlton, I would be checking the rules on that one... and see if there are any special exemptions about the pussies wearing all white.

AS much as the umps were disgraceful, I still keep coming back to the fact we let a 16 pt lead slip. We just needed one more goal after Gibbs'. But after Gibbs' goal we hardly got the ball forward (until after Geelong took the lead). We stopped.

Funnily enough after Gibbs' kicked the goal I said aloud 'if you dare lose from here Carlton'......

I'm pretty sure Lucas will know exactly why he isn't getting a look in.
Equally deserving of the love Garlett is getting as an out of form player. Compared to Garlett's season, Lucas showed more poise against WC and more intent as a mid against the Dogs. Won his own ball against the Dogs and didn't run out of legs against WC. Stiff.
Lucas's VFL form hasn't been too crash hot. He had a shocker against the Bombers.
I don't think we're bulding his confidence and treating him right after axing him for one bad game.

I'm pretty sure Lucas will know exactly why he isn't getting a look in.
He has had one bad game this year and people stick the knives in... conveniently forgetting his previous 2 games.

Looking at the stats for this game, we find that Tuohy had 10 disposals, Armfield had 11, Henderson had 8, Waite had 11 and Menzel had 12 (and 2 goals)

If one of those guys was Lucas, he would be getting shredded about now about how useless he is... blah blah blah...

He has had one bad game this year and people stick the knives in... conveniently forgetting his previous 2 games.

Looking at the stats for this game, we find that Tuohy had 10 disposals, Armfield had 11, Henderson had 8, Waite had 11 and Menzel had 12 (and 2 goals)

If one of those guys was Lucas, he would be getting shredded about now about how useless he is... blah blah blah...
And what does all of that have to do with my post?

A lot of moments in the game had to go wrong to lose this one tonight. I'm absolutely shattered that the opportunity to earn some respect was missed. I hope that this effort is a line in the sand statement. This is the sort of effort you need to put into games if you want to contend in September. I read with interest an article by Jake Niall where he dismissed Gibbs as not being an elite footballer. Like Peter Bosustow that would make him a good, ordinary footballer. For a good, ordinary footballer he sure looked elite tonight.

I put $20 Dollars on the Blues tonight and I should really be careful about petty point scoring.

You guys must be ****ed off with that. Terrible umpiring, they always seem to always get sucked in to Geelong's tactics.

If your mob are contemplating trading Yarran, I hope the Pies are interested, doubt you'll trade with Collingwood though. :p

Hope you guys can put that effort in against Hawks next week. :thumbsu:

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the replay

Very annoying, a lot of things couldve gone the other way (Dochertys kick that was the turnover that resulted in Selwoods goal was terrible, shoudlve easily cleared that player)

We were never going to score in that final 30 seconds with so many players around the ball. A decent argument for zoning but whatever, it wouldve been nice if the umpire blew the whistle quick at stoppages, a lot of valuable seconds were lost when the ball was dead and the ump let it hang for an extra few moments

Just a lot of errors, and ultimately we lost the game because we have players playing who arent good enough. Errors made by fringe players and bottom 10 players mounted up to goals.

The year was already shot when we lost to Melbourne, so losing the 4points isnt that big a deal but it wouldve been nice for guys like Gibbs and Thomas to get the reward for their efforts

Feels like its gonna be a long year

I'm a big fan of Touhy, but he's been off his game for a while now. Rather than see him shunted from the side though, I'd actually like to see him get a run up forward. He's been a bit of a liability defensively in recent times, but he has all the tools to be a reasonable HF.
I suggested that on Twitter... it seems to be a good option.

Hahaha you think Yarran would want to go to Collingwood.

LOL, I know this is your board and I need to expect a hostile response but please, as if Collingwood isn't an appealing choice for an AFL player wanting to leave their for obvious logical reasons. And I mean blockbusters, facilities, finals prospects etc.

Even worse the the different interpretations from week to week.

Last week we played in a game where the umpires were pinging players left, right and centre everytime the ball got caught under a pack, tonight the umps decided that they would only pay 2 htb decisions all night even though players were getting caught with the ball after trying to take on a opposition player.

The worst was in the 3rd quarter I think, a Geelong players took possession, had an eternity and actually tried to break a tackle, dropped the ball without getting a disposal out and the friggin ump called play on. Unbelievable.
This exactly!!

Have to add the free kick against Waite...the bloke was dead rights

Last edited:
60300_be72cff792e18787621711b60a1ddde2.jpg

Any reason why this isn't a free kick when Nigel Lappin actually blocked Robinson's run?
Tagging at its best

LOL, I know this is your board and I need to expect a hostile response but please, as if Collingwood isn't an appealing choice for an AFL player wanting to leave their for obvious logical reasons. And I mean blockbusters, facilities, finals prospects etc.

Didn't you get the message the other day mate?

You're pathetic attempts at trolling are laughable. Piss off.

• Bad turnovers at crucial times when we had better options available. For example, in the first quarter Murphy was open at CHB for an eternity, kicked it to a two on three situation and it went back over our heads for a goal. We had all momentum to that point. It stemmed the tide.
  • God awful umpiring -- the bounce in the second quarter that went down a Geelong midfielder's throat and an immediate goal after every player on the ground had stopped including the Cats player (Stevie J?) running into an open goal. Then the umpire waved advantage and he kicked the goal. WTF was the free kick for?
A combination of both is what saw us undone tonight. Should have put them away.

On a final note, that's the fourth game this year that Nigel Lappin has won for Geelong. He's easily leading their best and fairest.

etc., as in getting paid extra under the table by the Nine Network to do a few appearances on The Footy Show to show the world how boring and stupid you are?

You do realize that's the only reason Cloke stayed with the Pies, right?

And what does all of that have to do with my post?
well... please enlighten us as to why he should know why he isnt getting a game?

Unless you are a part of the MC or you're Mick Malthouse... you couldnt possibly know the real reasons why he isnt getting a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 12 Carlton v Geelong Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back