Autopsy Rd 12 Carlton v Geelong Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibbs smashed Selwood for 99% of the game and Selwood gets a arsy goal to win the game because of Brock Mclean :cry::cry::cry:
Even in the prelim last year when we won, the last 5 minutes were the most blatantly biased you will see.

Cyril takes hanger, not paid.
Geelong kick it out on the full near our goals, not paid.

Almost cost us the game, again!

Man it happens so often with Geelong, there are no words.

I wonder whether the umpires enjoy the joke and get involved or whether we are just in an era where there are an abnormal amount of Geelong supporting umps.

Either way they get the rub of the green in every single close match.

Kind of hard to disagree here. I can recall quite a few games where the umps have gone out of their way to help Geelong even against Brissy last year where Chapman should have been pinged for HTB in front of goal. You can even go back to their first game against the Pies in 2011 where Pendlebury was robbed of the winning goal due to the ump not paying advantage properly.

Kind of hard to disagree here. I can recall quite a few games where the umps have gone out of their way to help Geelong even against Brissy last year where Chapman should have been pinged for HTB in front of goal. You can even go back to their first game against the Pies in 2011 where Pendlebury was robbed of the winning goal due to the ump not paying advantage properly.
Even the 2008 Grand Final.

If you can be bothered read the match day thread ... The whole of Bigfooty for 50 odd pages going berserk at the blatant bias to Geelong.

Has been forgotten because we won.

I love watching that DVD and listening to the 3AW, Triple M, SEN commentaries and they all are going off there heads at the umpiring at Geelong ...

Even the 2008 Grand Final.

If you can be bothered read the match day thread ... The whole of Bigfooty for 50 odd pages going berserk at the blatant bias to Geelong.

Has been forgotten because we won.

I love watching that DVD and listening to the 3AW, Triple M, SEN commentaries and they all are going off there heads at the umpiring at Geelong ...

At least the Hawks wiin all the important games against Geelong though ;)

I wanna do them just one more time in a Granny.

Even against the worst umpiring in history we beat them by a Cyril goal.

It would be karma for the amount the guy has been robbed against them.

And then you hear Geelong supporters talk about how "Cyril never does anything against us" bs they throw out there....

And then you hear Geelong supporters talk about how "Cyril never does anything against us" bs they throw out there....
The Geelong Cyril stuff was born after he tore them a new one in the 2008 Grand Final.

He literally ripped their hearts out and they still haven't gotten over it.

They don't actually believe it they just can't deal with the hurt.

Absolutely gutted but still proud of the guys.
Lacked polish at times, got opened up through the middle too often but gusted it out to get into a position where we should have won.
Adding insult to injury, I copped "don't be upset it's only a game" from my partner. ****, if only that was the case.
This hurts.

All the excuses in the world should not blind us to the fact that our team lacks players that stand tall in the clutch moments.

Would Geelong have lost the game if they were 7 points in front with a little over 2 mins to play ?... No... Selwood or Bartel or SJ would have made sure that didn't happen.

Until we develop a team not just with the requisite skill, but with enough players with a manic win at all costs passion, we are consigned to mid-table mediocrity.

The players should be made to watch the performances of Carlton legend Wayne ' the dominator ' Johnston in Grand Finals, to see what it really takes to win.

But at the same time our inability to defend cost us the game.

How Selwood had no one near him @ that stoppage is just astounding.

Brock's handball to Stevie J who then hand balled to Stringer who kicked & Horlin-Smith crumbed the goal - disgusting.

So many times there were free Geelong mids (not just mids but superstars like Selwood, Stevie J & Jimmy) at stoppages. We struggle to just man up. But we were so good @ 1 on 1 footy last year.
He did....

Just ran right away from McLean surprisingly....:rolleyes:

Doc's kick in the dying minutes that didn't get over the Geelong guy was pretty painful to watch... :(
I really like the way Doc goes about it but have noticed a few times he has made some bad errors over the last 3 weeks, dropped marks and poor kicks etc.

Hopefully he sorts these out quickly as he plays a few more games as he has fitted in beautifully otherwise.

I really like the way Doc goes about it but have noticed a few times he has made some bad errors over the last 3 weeks, dropped marks and poor kicks etc.

Hopefully he sorts these out quickly as he plays a few more games as he has fitted in beautifully otherwise.

Doc is in the same boat as Yarran and Menzel.

Sublime skills and can get in and under too but lack the fitness to play for the full four quarters which effects their kicking and decision making. Plenty of upside though if our fitness staff earn their pay.

Firstly the ball isn't in play, so it didn't affect Robinson's trademark attack on the ball.

Secondly Lappin slipped and fell into Robinson, watch the vision if you don't believe me. There was absolutely no intention to prevent Robinson from playing the ball.

Thirdly even if the umpire were to pay a relatively soft free (considering the ball was dead) he couldn't because he clearly has his back turned in this image.

It's a poor look for the game to be so clogged by support staff, and the AFL need to change the rules.

To all the Carlton fans complaining about the umpiring; why wasn't Lonergan awarded a fifty metre penalty after Thomas ran in and knocked the ball out of his hands? It would be soft, but by the letter of the law that should be fifty.

On a positive note some of your players had excellent games tonight, if Gibbs could consistently play at that level he'd no joke be a top ten player in the AFL, maybe even top five.
FFS, Are you ******* serious ??

You want a fifty for that.... :eek:

If that is the case then Lappin should be reported for making negligent contact with Robinson.

You defend Lappin and provide 3 technical points about why it should not have been a free kick and then you make a goose of yourself explaining "to the letter of the law" as to why Lonergan should of got a 50 metre penalty.

Contradiction much.:oops::rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doc is in the same boat as Yarran and Menzel.

Sublime skills and can get in and under too but lack the fitness to play for the full four quarters which effects their kicking and decision making. Plenty of upside though if our fitness staff earn their pay.
We have a few like this as you mention, hopefully they can all sort this out sooner rather then later.

Yarran has been around long enough to have a better tank and if he can get that area sorted then look out.:thumbsu:

Pretty proud of our boys, but boy wasn't that an injustice? I thought we were the better team on the night and deserved to win but in the last 5 minutes we couldn't even buy a free kick. Seems like Corey Enright can do whatever he pleases and not get anything paid against him, likewise Bartel, Selwood, Kelly and Johnson who all seem to drop their knees in the contest. Corey Enright was spun around in a 360 tackle and seemed to just drop the ball but that's play on. Menzel gets his head ripped off 10 meters out with 20 seconds left, but they put the whistle away to avoid controversy. The runner makes contact with the Carlton player, 9 times out of 10 that is a free kick, again to avoid controversy umpires put the whistle away. 2 weeks in a row we have been bent over and royally screwed, not happy at all!

Furthermore if I hear one more person speak about how "courageous" Selwood is I think I'm going to punch them in the head. Running head first into a player, or dropping at your knees to initiate contact is not courageous, it's actually pretty stupid and weak. Can't wait till umpires wake up to all those ducks aka the Selwoods.

60300_be72cff792e18787621711b60a1ddde2.jpg

Any reason why this isn't a free kick when Nigel Lappin actually blocked Robinson's run?

Appalling, bloody disgraceful

Pretty proud of our boys, but boy wasn't that an injustice? I thought we were the better team on the night and deserved to win but in the last 5 minutes we couldn't even buy a free kick. Seems like Corey Enright can do whatever he pleases and not get anything paid against him, likewise Bartel, Selwood, Kelly and Johnson who all seem to drop their knees in the contest. Corey Enright was spun around in a 360 tackle and seemed to just drop the ball but that's play on. Menzel gets his head ripped off 10 meters out with 20 seconds left, but they put the whistle away to avoid controversy. The runner makes contact with the Carlton player, 9 times out of 10 that is a free kick, again to avoid controversy umpires put the whistle away. 2 weeks in a row we have been bent over and royally screwed, not happy at all!

Furthermore if I hear one more person speak about how "courageous" Selwood is I think I'm going to punch them in the head. Running head first into a player, or dropping at your knees to initiate contact is not courageous, it's actually pretty stupid and weak. Can't wait till umpires wake up to all those ducks aka the Selwoods.

Not only enright, but if Menzel ahd of been bartel or selwood they would have paid it

Must have missed it on the telecast but who was running with Stevie J?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 12 Carlton v Geelong Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back