Autopsy Rd 12 Carlton v Geelong Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

You honestly couldn't watch that game and not see the sort of crap Geelong get away with on regular basis. It's almost laughable, except, of course, when you're on the other end of it. Then whenever they are pinged for something, they instantly cross to Chris Scott doing his, "what do you mean the freakin' earth is round... Brad has always told me that it was flat... round? GTFO of here... how the hell don't we fall off it?"

it's like because Geelong are 'strong' they are afforded more time with the ball, given more latitude when they blunder into your back.
It's not as much Geelong as it is Carlton...Over the past 2 matches, when it comes to umpiring, we've been the AFLs whipping boys in give brisbane fans something to smile about and the cats an undeserved win so that their heads don't slump too low.

Hopefully we have good contest next week against your mob and the boys can hold their head up high again, as they should be now.

I'll be interested to see what type of free kicks will/won't be paid in the remaining matches this week...

Last edited:
Just watching the 3rd qtr now.

They were def obvious frees JaB! :mad:

Yes they were - but still we kicked a lot of behinds and couldn't defend a lead with 3 mins to go...
Lots of positives out of tonight's game I thought..

Need to keep attacking, it's what keeps us in the game. When we revert to defensive footy we invariably **** it up somehow.

Also, Gibbs rules.

But at the same time our inability to defend cost us the game.

How Selwood had no one near him @ that stoppage is just astounding.

Brock's handball to Stevie J who then hand balled to Stringer who kicked & Horlin-Smith crumbed the goal - disgusting.

So many times there were free Geelong mids (not just mids but superstars like Selwood, Stevie J & Jimmy) at stoppages. We struggle to just man up. But we were so good @ 1 on 1 footy last year.

Yes they were - but still we kicked a lot of behinds and couldn't defend a lead with 3 mins to go...
Lots of positives out of tonight's game I thought..

Definitely lots of positives.

But I think a lot of us fear that was our GF & given the nature of the loss, we have no idea what Carlton will turn up v the Hawks next week. They have to bring it again.

And Tuohy needs to go.

Definitely lots of positives.

But I think a lot of us fear that was our GF & given the nature of the loss, we have no idea what Carlton will turn up v the Hawks next week. They have to bring it again.

And Tuohy needs to go.

Judd/Bell/Curnow/Cripps - all have the size and or speed to replaxce other players who are slower or smaller....

connect the dots mate - watch teh game and you will see quite clearly ( apart from behinds when we were dominating) why we lost...

They wont be playing next year - only in because of injuries.

I am slightly concerned this loss breaks the players.

All the pressure, physicality, effort.....they played their guts out and got ******. Could not imagine a more hollow, numb feeling the players could be enduring.
All that pressure, physicality and effort was not enough to beat a stagnant top 4 team. That's not a criticism, but they actually need to find another gear and be able to back that up week after week.

Losses should always be hard fought. If that loss breaks any player, they need to go.

Build and grow and trade and etc now Mick and Co.
Time is now
I'm very proud and will come to fistys verbally for the week!.
I'm proud of the peeps that believed tonight,you know who you are!,as for the rest of you

All that pressure, physicality and effort was not enough to beat a stagnant top 4 team. That's not a criticism, but they actually need to find another gear and be able to back that up week after week.

Losses should always be hard fought. If that loss breaks any player, they need to go.
I think we did find another gear... and then the clutched slipped.

I'm not sticking a fork in Jeffy who is selected as a forward, rather than a mid, so he can add bite to our forwardline. Yet Lucas would still be wondering why he hasn't got a look in after having one bad game. Where the whole side was belted no less. Sugar hasn't shirked it as often as Garlett this year. Garlett is possibly down mentally and carrying the shoulder injury that set his pre-season back (according to Mick).

Lucas couldn't be any worse than Mclean who can't man up and coughed it up with three handballs. Can't field Carrazzo, Mclean, Curnow and Robinson who aren't speedsters. We alway fade late in quarters.

Robinson's knee isn't right either. Still combative, but he's not usually that slow with his chasing. One of our players who will always tough it out like Kreuzer, Henderson, Jamison, etc.

I'm not sticking a fork in Jeffy who is selected as a forward, rather than a mid, so he can add bite to our forwardline. Yet Lucas would still be wondering why he hasn't got a look in after having one bad game. Where the whole side was belted no less. Sugar hasn't shirked it as often as Garlett this year. Garlett is possibly down mentally and carrying the shoulder injury that set his pre-season back (according to Mick).

Lucas couldn't be any worse than Mclean who can't man up and coughed it up with three handballs. Can't field Carrazzo, Mclean and Robinson who aren't speedsters.

Robinson's knee isn't right either. Still combative, but he's not usually that slow with his chasing. One of our players who will always tough it out like Kreuzer, Henderson, Jamison, etc.
I'm pretty sure Lucas will know exactly why he isn't getting a look in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Judd in
Curnow in
Beat Whorethorn
That'll do me
Go blues breathe some ****ing FIRE

Why did we stop playing attacking footy once again late in the last quarter? With about 7 to go, we played negatively. I can't think of a time where this hasn't ended in us losing or coming extremely close to losing.

Yep. This is what's got me knackered. I said it on the Main Board, when Rowe was waving to slow it down at CHB when we held a slight lead I knew we were in trouble. We're not great at pin point passing and can be exposed defensively on the rebound. The idea of controlling the tempo is all good in theory, but it's just not our strong point and against a side like Geelong that are so well versed in winning close ones, we should have just played to our strengths and kept pushing hard and fast. Pretty dumb footy I reckon.

Lucas couldn't be any worse than Mclean who can't man up and coughed it up with three handballs. Can't field Carrazzo, Mclean, Curnow and Robinson who aren't speedsters. We alway fade late in quarters.

Lucas's VFL form hasn't been too crash hot. He had a shocker against the Bombers.

Lucas couldn't be any worse than Mclean

After tonight Kane can play the rest of the season in Jeffys spot. It's an indictment on the team if Jeff doesn't get punished for sqibbing 2 overhead marking attempts.

Also that effort when he had a shot on goal late was poor.

We can't carry him when he's in that frame of mind.

Finally home. Listened to smooth fm all the way to try to calm my nerves.

Can't question their endeavour tonight. And bloody hell Gibbs, that was amazing.

Funnily enough, we lost but they restored my faith. I reckon we can beat the hawks :)

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

YOIKS !!!!!!!!!! :eek:

It would of been bone-crushing metal & hard rock for me, none of that mamby-pamby shite they serve up. ;)

Biggest question I had about the umpiring tonight was how the hell was that centre bounce late in the 2nd Quarter not recalled??? HMac just palmed it straight down the throat of someone and they kicked the easiest goal after a questionable advantage was paid....
No idea. For the first time I wanted the traditional ce
Best game we have played all year but still lost. No disgrace in the loss but should have put them away earlier.

Gibbs was elite tonight.

Waite and Brock are cooked. Garlett is gone, he is a shell. Sad to see and I want to see it no more.

Umpiring is bewildering. I am over it.

One centre bounce went so wide in cats favour that it should have gone down as a clearance. And as they scored a goal an assist as well.
:thumbsu:

I don't even care about Jeff dropping the head. Lack of confidence I can maybe forgive. It's the utter and distinct lack of effort, the lazy chases while he's still in the contest, letting his man run off and trailing 20 metres behind that absolutely killed the team.

He missed the opportunity to kick a goal or two by dropping his head. He cost the team a two goals or three through sheer laziness.

Unforgivable. Must be dropped this week. When the rest of the team was busting a gut he was standing there with hands on hips.

I don't care, menzal may have shanked that shot or they get one right out of the centre it's a free for high.

And the runner too.

Would've been paid against us

Stick fat
Send the boys off for surgery now committee
Ripe and ready for 2015
Dooo iiiiittt

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 12 Carlton v Geelong Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back