Preview Rd 12 - Essendon v Richmond, Sat June 5, 7.40pm, Optus Stadium, Perth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not confident? Considering eagles and tigers were due for the bye R13 they'll just bring our scheduled R14 game forward a week?
I don't know if we'd agree to that given we'd have a 6 or 7 day turnaround to come back from Sydney plus or injury toll isn't looking too good.

Regardless we've been ass at the moment and I reckon your mob would beat us regardless of if the game was played round 13 or 14

What if it was a super precautionary visit to the hospital for a bit of gastro? She’s then discharged and is 100% on the road to recovery. Lots of parents are pretty hair trigger with that sort of stuff.

There is always a point at which you say my partner/family has got this otherwise you would leave the house, let alone the state.

I’m just saying that a visit to a hospital for a kid doesn’t automatically equal flying home interstate from an extremely important work trip. There is obviously a point you do, but until we know more it’s not automatic I don’t think.

Hence the line “ then it becomes a personal decision” if he comes back then we have no right to judge

I don't know if we'd agree to that given we'd have a 6 or 7 day turnaround to come back from Sydney plus or injury toll isn't looking too good.

Regardless we've been ass at the moment and I reckon your mob would beat us regardless of if the game was played round 13 or 14
Doubt it’s up to you..

But don’t worry Hocking will choose whatever option is worst for us.
Nothing surer

Hence the line “ then it becomes a personal decision” if he comes back then we have no right to judge

I agree 100%, but if he doesn’t come back it also doesn’t mean he’s a heartless pr**k either. Your original post didn’t seem to leave any wiggle room. Kid visits hospital equals go home, regardless of the seriousness.

In truth Brooke has done him no favours, either way he’s gonna cop it. It should of been left for the Cotchin’s to deal with privately.

Just wait for the media (and social media morons) to attack, either way. If Trent misses the game and goes home he will cop it for being a soft Richmond whinger who let his team down and if he stays, they will get the other file out and Trent will be cast as a heartless and inconsiderate Richmond captain who couldn't care about his family and is a entitled ass galavanting around Australia playing a privileged game while others are in Lockdown.

That's the place we have arrived at now. That's our Truth.

A couple of years ago there was a landmark case where publishers of magazines like Who, New Idea etc (trashy rags) won a ruling that they could say pretty much whatever they liked, including complete mistruths and unsubstantiated rumours about someone if they were a celebrity or public figure. It was because there was an expectation that people who read these magazines (this garbage) should be reasonably aware that what they were reading was fraudulent. A joke. Made up for entertainment. Like Nicole and Keith broke up because Nicole had an affair with an alien and was pregnant with it's baby. Or George Clooney was seen eating a club sandwich in LA (when he was actually filming Ocean's XXII in Honolulu and actually had pizza delivered to the set for all the crew, which was reported on the same day by another bs website).

You get the idea.

The ruling was important because it meant many publications in the same vein also couldn't be sued successfully for libel etc so they can say what they want, spin anything the most sensationalist way they want because that's what gets in a reaction, that's what attracts eyeballs. We go further down into the cesspit by degrees.

Basically the same applies to social media like facebook, twitter and these rubbish NewsLtd broadsheets. Much of what we read is markedly less likely to be true because the concepts are based on sharing/virability and titillation.

No, not that kind of titillation, well not since the Truth dissapeared anyway. Yes I finally got back to the Truth.

Basically, if you're reading it, expect that it's highly likely to have been spun into a ball of yarn (see what I did there) in the same way the National Enquirer (or the Truth) would to cause the most shock and damage, frighten the most people (hello Fox News & Friends) or initiate the most social outrage for the news cycle of that week.

Of course the reverse (swing) then applies if you're defending yourself.

So good luck Trent, you're either going to be an arseh*le for deserting your family in the middle of a lockdown or a prick for deserting your team, probably fined by the AFL for not meeting your commitment as well...but worst of all, you will be hated for being Captain of hateful Richmond, the most clickbaited team in Australian sporting history.

My hope is that the Dreamtime game isn't overshadowed by this (and Jack R's interview) and that we can get the game played in the right spirit, to a whole new live audience and give everyone stuck at home in Victoria something to savour and enjoy this weekend.

#iftrentgoeshomejustleavehimalone
I agree 100%
whatever Trent decides to do people will just need to get over it
He dosent need to justify his decisions to anyone at this point he has given more for our club than most

Likewise for the shit Brooke cops on social media (and on here for that matter) I don’t think Trent would of been half the leader he has turned out to be without her having his back, she has opened her home to multiple players over the years and has also probably done more for our club than a lot of our own players behind the scenes without the fanfare and glory of being a player

They have a team of medical experts to assess the situation.
It depends on the gravity of the illness.
Is it life threatening?
If they follow the protocols, no reason why they cannot receive a medical exemption.
It is a medical issue.
We have a bye the next week anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See how it all pans out.
Ideal scenario would be for Trent to play, fly to Melbourne on Sunday.
Then he could stay at least one week in Melbourne because the next round is a bye, doesn't matter, then receive an exemption.
Next game is scheduled for June 17.
Next game is in Perth though with a hard border to get through..

rumour is we will not have the bye and play the Eagles next week while we’re there anyway..

Any reason this is an Essendon home game, they had the home game last year as well if Im not mistaken.

Ive got my tickets for the wife and kids, can't wait to see this one, very rare to see two Vic sides with lots of supporters in Perth.

#aflplayingtheirgrandfinal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back