Autopsy Rd 12 Newnes wins the game for Carlton after the siren!

Who did enough to hold their place in the side next week, barring injury?

• 3. Marc Murphy

Votes: 56 30.8%
  • 5. Sam Petrevski-Seton

Votes: 52 28.6%
  • 6. Kade Simpson

Votes: 67 36.8%
  • 7. Matthew Kennedy

Votes: 39 21.4%
  • 9. Patrick Cripps

Votes: 127 69.8%
  • 10. Harry McKay

Votes: 98 53.8%
  • 12. Tom De Koning

Votes: 127 69.8%
  • 14. Liam Jones

Votes: 85 46.7%
  • 15. Sam Docherty

Votes: 90 49.5%
  • 18. Sam Walsh

Votes: 149 81.9%
  • 19. Eddie Betts

Votes: 29 15.9%
  • 20. Lachie Plowman

Votes: 108 59.3%
  • 23. Jacob Weitering

Votes: 105 57.7%
  • 25. Zac Fisher

Votes: 86 47.3%
  • 31. Tom Williamson

Votes: 120 65.9%
  • 32. Jack Newnes

Votes: 131 72.0%
  • 35. Ed Curnow

Votes: 139 76.4%
  • 36. Josh Honey

Votes: 49 26.9%
  • 40. Michael Gibbons

Votes: 54 29.7%
  • 41. Levi Casboult

Votes: 101 55.5%
  • 43. Will Setterfield

Votes: 94 51.6%
  • 46. Matthew Cottrell

Votes: 101 55.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that from the cameraman who didn’t move out of the way so Newnes could take his kick?
Good question Jabba.
Great question.
I think it probs was from the much maligned, now immortalised camera man.

I just shake my head every time.
How did he do that??
Plus footage proves Bett's value with goal assists.
Plus some Hazza love for an awesome goal.

Question, who apart from Jack Newnes would you have been confident with that kick from the boundary??

For me maybe Cas or Harry would have been the only 2.
I know he wasn't playing but I'd have McGovern. Maybe Simpson given he kicked a goal from basically the exact same spot last year.

You can keep Casboult and Harry, I wouldn't want them near that one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Received an email from the club offering a Carlton Shop discount big enough to make me feel more important than an employee. Good times

Finally watched the replay. Cripps went back to basics and played his best game since Geelong. Williamson is a mad dog, I love him. Cottrell is a player. Walsh is a golden god. Another really important step in healing the psychological damage of the past few years.

As for the negatives - I love Samo but that was a really poor game from him. We can call for him to go into the midfield, but there's no point unless he fires up and finds some urgency.

Finally watched the replay. Cripps went back to basics and played his best game since Geelong. Williamson is a mad dog, I love him. Cottrell is a player. Walsh is a golden god. Another really important step in healing the psychological damage of the past few years.

As for the negatives - I love Samo but that was a really poor game from him. We can call for him to go into the midfield, but there's no point unless he fires up and finds some urgency.

I had so much rage in me during the first quarter, seeing him repeatedly kicking blind 25m chips from deep in defense, at times direct to Freo players. I generally like his disposal from HB, when we're trying to open up the field, but he needs to be coached into making better decisions when he's on the last line.

Oooooor....play him up the field as a receiver instead of down back. He can still drop back and get involved in transition from defense, but he's more likely to be the second or third bloke in the chain.

I had so much rage in me during the first quarter, seeing him repeatedly kicking blind 25m chips from deep in defense, at times direct to Freo players. I generally like his disposal from HB, when we're trying to open up the field, but he needs to be coached into making better decisions when he's on the last line.

Oooooor....play him up the field as a receiver instead of down back. He can still drop back and get involved in transition from defense, but he's more likely to be the second or third bloke in the chain.
SPS might fear he will be penalised for HTB if tackled if he takes a step to kick the ball properly.

I have crunched the numbers, reviewed historical data, trawled through all the videos and consulted many scholars and pillars of society.

Newnes goal is the best ever after siren goal of ALL time.

If you saw it live you have been blessed and your life will be full of magic.
#blessed

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 12 Newnes wins the game for Carlton after the siren!

Back