Autopsy Rd 17 Carlton vs North Melbourne Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

he actually gave Yarran a big wrap for bravery tonight - when he took the contested mark into oncoming tarffick.
Thought that was the most begrudging, backhanded compliment ever. More or less said he would normally squib but simply couldn't get out of it that time.

Yaz was good.

Oh we had a few who were shocking tonight. But hey more positives than negatives.

I love the way Curnow and Lucas go about their football, just put their heads down. Not sold on Cachia being the sub.

As far as commentators go, I would exclude Lethal, though - he seems to give us a fair ago most of the time.

True, he's very neutral plus a legend of the game. I actually used to like Dennis but he shit me tonight was so Northcentric he was almost barraking for the umpires pets.

We have been performing without significant contributions from the likes of Judd, Murph and Gibbs. I have been impressed by our second tier/younger players. Good signs.
It's amazing what faith in a player can do.
Lucas, Watson, kruze and Hendo are all much better payers than they were lat year. The process ;) ;)

Very very satisfying to end Nth Melbourne's year. I'd love to see the walking turd Harvey retire this year too, but I fear we'll have to see his vile rat-like face again next year. Anyway, Curnow destroyed him tonight which was superb.

Gee, Judd is just a shadow of a shadow. If he could get back to something like his best, we would be a good team. Without him we are second-rate.
That's a bit tough I reckon he has been our best in the last couple of weeks bar Hendo.

wtf Jamo ? Is he carrying an injury or two? Really out of sorts at the moment.

Badly. I'm not sure what's wrong with him. Granted, he gets cut up often by Petrie but by gee his body positioning, kicking and balance once ball went to ground was awful, and has been for the last month.

Really dont understand the Judd negativety

Some of his clearance handballs were great, he pulled a great one from the heavens that resulted in a coast to coast goal. Not a great game by any means, but cut him some slack

Our biggest concern at the moment is Jamo. Not the first time hes been beaten tonight, and certainly not the first time hes been beaten off the mark, seems to be trailing a lot behind big forwards this year.

Its good to see his shoulders getting through games and punching/marking, but he's in the team to spoil and at the moment cant get near it

Is Gibbs carrying something?

Only ask because I have never seen him so quiet and use the ball that poorly. Unusual to see Gibbs pick the wrong option and kick straight to a defender. Five clangers and 54% disposal efficiency.

How's your leg? Tuohy taunts Ziebell.

We need to find another Tuohy.

Media will go on about that whilst ignoring other acts.

Badly. I'm not sure what's wrong with him. Granted, he gets cut up often by Petrie but by gee his body positioning, kicking and balance once ball went to ground was awful, and has been for the last month.

Yes tonight was a great win but 2 of my favourite players were poor tonight Juddy was well below par and Jammo had a shocker. Judd to absolutely smash GCS into the ground next week he never plays 2 bad ones in a row:)

Curnow's second goal saw him matching Betts and Garlett for leg speed - actually spread to a better possie for the Betts handball over the top - unbelievable running I knew he has endurance didn't know he had so much burst leg speed...

He's deceptive for sure. There have been times he's looked slow... but maybe it's just his initial first few steps. But he's quicker than we may assume.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a bit tough I reckon he has been our best in the last couple of weeks bar Hendo.

He was good against the saints. Very good actually. But there was a time not that long ago when he was like that week in, week out. There are other 29 year old players who can still produce their best consistently. Judd doesn't seem to be one of them. Not that you can begrudge him a few quiet games. He carried the team for years.

Was sitting on level 3 near aisle 2, and there was two different groups of north fans behaving like absolute pork chops. Will definitely be reserving seats in the blues members area next time.

Judd has been pretty good lately but one thing I've noticed this season is that he fumbles a bit more than he used to. Just seems a fraction slower with his movement at times. Having said that he did a couple of damaging handballs tonight, one in particular off half back that set up a goal was vintage.

He's deceptive for sure. There have been times he's looked slow... but maybe it's just his initial first few steps. But he's quicker than we may assume.

If he could just improve his awareness with ball in hand in congestion he would become a very very good mid - more games required and more confidence.

MEB Betsy was sitting on the floor with his gorgeous baby between his legs. Such a beautiful imagine.

Lewis Betts is such a cutie!!

BPihYjYCIAA5ll8.jpg

He was good against the saints. Very good actually. But there was a time not that long ago when he was like that week in, week out. There are other 29 year old players who can still produce their best consistently. Judd doesn't seem to be one of them. Not that you can begrudge him a few quiet games. He carried the team for years.

Yes I think he has a fair few runs on the board in his favour. Just looked buggered tonight, still the best player Carlton has traded for in years but geez Hendo is coming along very nicely(thanks crazy vossy)

Us winning with Juddy so down, and in fact an injured/struggling midfield against the Super Mega Awesome Norf midfield can only be a good thing.

Next time we play North, can we not play Jamo and have another fb please. The matchup just doesn't work. And who was on Thomas. Maybe next time put Curnow on him. The dude kicked six goals. What really pleased me was Jeppy, not only was he kicking goals, taking marks but he chased and tackled really well tonight. Felt great seeing him play like this.

MM said something interesting in his after match chat and he implied that Jeppy might have an injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 17 Carlton vs North Melbourne Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back