Autopsy Rd 17 Carlton vs North Melbourne Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheers for the reply, but I think it's a bit rich linking my query with 'you're all making it sound like he got completely owned by Petrie'....that's a long way from 'a little concerned'...

Fair enough, your's was the last post when I posted mine and it was another that mentioned Jamo. I probably should have just replied to the thread rather than quoting you.

I was asking because he doesn't seem to me at the moment to be the assured, strong, rock-solid KPD we've seen in the past. This might sound strange, but it feels like he's playing with the fear of getting beaten...I dunno, there's just something off about him at the moment and I was wondering if any one else was feeling the same. He might be playing sore, he's never been the most durable bloke, so perhaps he is and it has affected his confidence?

What about that moment in last week's game where he outmarked Riewoldt, ran toward the fifity and speared the ball to the goal square? That looked pretty assured to me.

Playing on a bloke like Petrie, he would rightfully be concerned with the ball coming in and him having to beat him one out 30m from goal. Still didn't stop him from doing it several times tonite.

Sometimes I think a narrative can build up when people choose to highlight a particular player, and I don't think Jamo deserves it. Don't forget, he hasn't had Lachie down there helping out for the last two weeks, he's had a pair of tallish defenders who have about 20 games between them.

On the other hand, Kade has really shone the last 2 weeks. It must be heartening for Jamison to know that Simmo is prepared to put his body on the line the way he does and get in the way of the big forwards when required.

Jamo was great...hell of a lot of one out contests with probably the best one out mark in the comp.

Strange by NM. Why overuse the ball so much when they have such a clear size advantage?

A nice dozen touch game by Lucas and put his body on the line. Super courageous mark by Yarran, great defensive grab by Watson, Tuohy taking game on. Good signs.

What about that moment in last week's game where he outmarked Riewoldt, ran toward the fifity and speared the ball to the goal square? That looked pretty assured to me.

Very true.

Playing on a bloke like Petrie, he would rightfully be concerned with the ball coming in and him having to beat him one out 30m from goal. Still didn't stop him from doing it several times tonite.

Sometimes I think a narrative can build up when people choose to highlight a particular player, and I don't think Jamo deserves it. Don't forget, he hasn't had Lachie down there helping out for the last two weeks, he's had a pair of tallish defenders who have about 20 games between them.

Good point about no Hendo. As an aside, I posted what I did without reading the thread, so any thoughts were purely my own and based on my musings during last night's game.

On the other hand, Kade has really shone the last 2 weeks. It must be heartening for Jamison to know that Simmo is prepared to put his body on the line the way he does and get in the way of the big forwards when required.

Get this...was driving home from the game, flicked on SEN and there's Cam 'The Big Hairy ****wit' Mooney saying how Simmo has never been a brave player and he is surprised by some of the things he has done this year. I nearly put my fist through the windscreen.

Has NEVER taken a backwards step you illiterate knob.

Happy Birthday Murph :hearts:

257364-matt-watson.jpg

Just want to ask this here....

Does anyone else see how often Chris Yarran is held off the ball (at least tonight)? As soon as he even looked like sniffing the play his opponent had a handful of guernsey. Never gets paid. Disgraceful.
Mate... I so much scragging of our guys tonight that wasnt paid.

Plus 2 of the most blatant push in the backs that you will ever see. One (or maybe both) of which , I think, ended up costing us goals.

Then there was the slide into Lucas's legs that cost us a goal. Umpires also missed a bunch for North, but in trivial areas whereas ours were usually in attacking areas.

Mate... I so much scragging of our guys tonight that wasnt paid.

Plus 2 of the most blatant push in the backs that you will ever see. One (or maybe both) of which , I think, ended up costing us goals.

Then there was the slide into Lucas's legs that cost us a goal. Umpires also missed a bunch for North, but in trivial areas whereas ours were usually in attacking areas.

nothing more blatant than the push on murph in the dying minutes in our forward 50

If ever there was an incident that stupid rule was designed for, it was that one. Lucas actually came away from that contest limping, and the free goes the other way!

nothing more blatant than the push on murph in the dying minutes in our forward 50

Couldn't have been as blatant as the push on Eddie running into goal. If Eddie was a diver like Thomas, rather than trying to keep his feet and kick the goal, it would have been paid, instead, it's just play on.

Very true.

Good point about no Hendo. As an aside, I posted what I did without reading the thread, so any thoughts were purely my own and based on my musings during last night's game.

Get this...was driving home from the game, flicked on SEN and there's Cam 'The Big Hairy silly person' Mooney saying how Simmo has never been a brave player and he is surprised by some of the things he has done this year. I nearly put my fist through the windscreen.

Has NEVER taken a backwards step you illiterate knob.

I heard those comments too, Demie agreed with him...I couldn't believe it, do they not watch the game.

I listened to their commentary, and it was below average, Hudson, Dermie and Mooney kept refering to the cricket, they had it on in the box, kept ferring to Watson as in Shane .. It was bloody annoying, talk about unprofessional....appalling really. The post match review was constantly interrupted with cricket rerences.

The comments about Simmo where dumb founding

To all the Kreuzer knockers! Suffer!!!
I still cant believe that there are idiots out there who want to use Kreuzer to get pick 1 so we can get a guy who isnt going to influence things for 3 years.

I still cant believe that there are idiots out there who want to use Kreuzer to get pick 1 so we can get a guy who isnt going to influence things for 3 years.
Thank god Mick publicly stated that Kreuz and Gibbs are untouchable!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank god Mick publicly stated that Kreuz and Gibbs are untouchable!
yeah... but there are still people talking about how if we want to get Boyd, we need to trade Kreuz or Gibbs or Yarran.

Just imagine if we had traded Sticks to Adelaide within a couple of years after they started up.

Trading Kreuz is just stupid!

Couldnt get a link to work last week! Had to watch 11 minutes of highlights, forgot about the game tonight and was in austria so had to watch 4 minutes of highlights.... its putting a serious blip in the enjoyment of my trip round the world :(
Never the less happy as larry we are heading the right way up the ladder and things seem to be clicking for the boys :thumbsu:

No8 i hear you say?? ;)

Couldnt get a link to work last week! Had to watch 11 minutes of highlights, forgot about the game tonight and was in austria so had to watch 4 minutes of highlights.... its putting a serious blip in the enjoyment of my trip round the world :(
Never the less happy as larry we are heading the right way up the ladder and things seem to be clicking for the boys :thumbsu:

No8 i hear you say?? ;)

Tough when you are os...I'm having trouble watching replays on my ipad whilst on holidays, have to purchas a subscription on afl...no way

Shall wait for zees replays !

I was dreading another Friday night game as it sets the tone for the whole weekend, and the pumping that the Kangaroos got in the media (also the fact that this Friday night fixture has always been about the Kangaroos and how they never get to play on Friday night) was sure to fire them up, so I wasn't too confident. But the boys did not disappoint, stood up when they needed to.
Got to admit I was one who called for Kreuzer to get traded but I will eat my words today as he was the hero last night. I am extremely happy to be proven wrong! lets hope he can back this performance up with a big one next week.
Yarran, although, didn't have many possessions I was please to see that he showed a bit of heart and passion.
Watson was so good and that booming kick out and coast to coast goal was great old school football that I would love to see more of, that was one of his very limited opportunity to kick out last night and would really like to see him given more opportunity because he is so good at it.
Simpson was fantastic again. For Mooney to say that he has never been courageous is ludicrous, this bloke has always put his head over the ball.
Umpiring was pretty poor for the whole night, both sides, but some very very bad decisions paid/not paid towards the end of the game was what annoyed the hell out of me. Player slides into Lucas and he is payed the free kick, I am just baffled, the AFL bring a rule out yet they don't police it. Henderson laid that tackle as a north player slipped over and he is penalized for too high, WOW, this was the worse decision of all. Also the Marc Murphy clear push in the back in the foward 50. But it doesn't matter, good teams don't allow umpires to dictate the game and we didn't. Great to finally get a Friday night win, here is to looking foward to next weeks game and beyond. This will be the only time I say this but GO THE SAINTERS for tonight.

No8 i hear you say?? ;)

More highlights and postmatch stuff should be up in an hour or two

Besides Kreuz and Simo, I believe Tuohy was just awesome tonight. IMO he is our most improved player on our list this year. I can't remember him missing a shot on the run in a long time, he is a fantastic kick of the Sherrin. Also his attack on the ball and composure should set a precedent for the rest of the side. GO Blues!

Was a brilliant win, Hendo is playing great and really works hard even when he doesn't have the ball, Curnow, Simpson, Yarran, Lucas and Garlett where brilliant. Wouldn't be surprised if Juddy has a rest next week and freshens up to take on Fremantle in 2 weeks time, save him travelling to the GC. Kruezer played his best game for the year, contested marks and worked so hard all night, Warnock and Hampson can go to GWS, Kruse isn't going anywhere. Really liked Micks interview after the game and he definetly showed his passion a few times in the coaches box during the game.

Kreuz's endurance is definitely a plus, however I must also give credit to the coaching staff and Sammy Rowe for the backup ruck role he played. Rowey isn't a great ruck... we know that, but he did what he had to and provided a contest and gave Kreuz a bit of a breather, which in the end was probably hugely important.

So then I wonder, what the bleeding hell are NM doing with Goldstein? They try to leave the guy solely against a ruckman known for ability to dominate taps at parts of the game but in particular for his power of running, who also had a part time backup in Rowe, and expect it to work?
Is Petrie not another ruck option or what? o_O

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 17 Carlton vs North Melbourne Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back