Game Day Rd 17 Roos v Freo (Sat 2.10pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We just can't handle the ball well enough to get the ball out of the middle.

I tell you what Rhyce's coaching is seriously under question also.

1) Do we practice zoning far enough off the opposition that they just about always retain kick & mark possession?

2) Do we practice making kick & marking possession decisions when the opposition is close enough to create a turnover?

3) Do we practice an absurd amount of handball early in games just to put ourselves under pressure, take momentum out of the match, and give our forwards pneumonia?

If ever there was a side that should go long down the line, kick more often from clearances and play man on man football, it's North ****ing Melbourne!!!

Rhyce's tactics are KILLING us.
The responsibility for what is happening out there belongs with the coach. Almost any of the North players could indivually hold a spot in Freo or most other teams. Sure, North’s depth is being tested and the team as a whole is not the 22 North would prefer to have out there, but the expectation of winning a contested game is just unrealistic and as much as he might want that, his team isn’t capable of it so it is a bad plan.

The coaching expectation and KPIs just seem to be out of sync with what the team can deliver.

When you look up field Freo players are constantly moving, presenting as an option.

Our ball movement is stop, start, turnover.

We need to learn how to create space rather than hoping it will open up. That comes down to a desire to move with pace and effort to create.

Young legs late in a season that has been compacted will not be helping, but I am most disappointed in the senior players and those playing for a list spot. Just not the required effort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually I will.
Down to the pub for a beer.
cause I can. Not being in lockdown.
I understand your frustration..
You're a bit of a knob arnt ya?

You should be a smart arse down the pub like in here, but you're worried someone will smack the shit out of you right?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

When you look up field Freo players are constantly moving, presenting as an option.

Our ball movement is stop, start, turnover.

We need to learn how to create space rather than hoping it will open up. That comes down to a desire to move with pace and effort to create.

Young legs late in a season that has been compacted will not be helping, but I am most disappointed in the senior players and those playing for a list spot. Just not the required effort.

Before working on creating space we need to work on not standing still. There's no movement happening 90% of the game. Hall and Dumont seemingly the only exceptions, but they're killing us in other ways.

Cooked.

The responsibility for what is happening out there belongs with the coach. Almost any of the North players could indivually hold a spot in Freo or most other teams. Sure, North’s depth is being tested and the team as a whole is not the 22 North would prefer to have out there, but the expectation of winning a contested game is just unrealistic and as much as he might want that, his team isn’t capable of it so it is a bad plan.

The coaching expectation and KPIs just seem to be out of sync with what the team can deliver.

Sure Rhyce is accountable.

But this narrative of not our best 22 is just garbage. Besides Cunnington and Brown who is missing? The only bloke that was actually going to influence this game is Cunnington, and it wouldn’t have been much. Brown would have done SFA.

Our list is trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back