Review Rd 18 Blues d North Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

And North didn't lose because of the umpires. Carlton got more free kicks it's fact. I'd responded to comment made by another NM poster on the North board and one of the little pixies from the Carlton Board chose to paste my post here.

No they lost because we were ahead by 23pts at the final siren!

You are lucky we were inaccurate in the 3rd.
Should have beaten your mob by 10 goals!

Keep blaming the umps if it makes you sleep better at night.

I've watched a fair bit of Carlton games this year as the missus is a blue bagger(proof not everyone is perfect:p) and after last night I've come to the conclusion that Mick is a good coach and as a team you're so close but at the same time so far.

Mick tactically planned very well and that's why I tipped you guys as I thought after the week he was bullied in the media he wasn't going to put up with that Sh1t and completely pantsed Scott. You have plenty of top end talent but some of your lesser known players have a tendency to continually make average decisions or when they make the right one execute it poorly causing turnovers etc.

I'm not sure if it can be coached or trained out of these players but until it does you will continue to lose games you should win. From what I saw if these areas can be improved and with a little luck on the injury, recruiting and fixture front you can challenge for positions 3-8 on the ladder.

Enjoy the win and the replay.

Edit: Don't worry about the North supporters, if they win it's how great they were, if they lose it's the umpires not the spuds playing for them.

No they lost because we were ahead by 23pts at the final siren!

You are lucky we were inaccurate in the 3rd.
Should have beaten your mob by 10 goals!

Keep blaming the umps if it makes you sleep better at night.

Slept perfectly well thanks. Keep misrepresenting my post, if it adds to the merriment of the win.

I'm sure its been said somewhere in the thread but the performance of our KPP's last night was the most impressive thing. All the mids played well but it was the big guys who won us the game.

Henderson and Waite dominated up forward (and down back when needed), Rowe did a brilliant job on Petrie, White and Jamo also did what they had to do (and loved both of them getting involved with a bit of biff when required!).

With all the buzz around Casboult by the media recently even though he had a quiet game our talls won the battle clearly, great to see as most would agree its been our weakness in recent seasons.
They had to constantly have a tall on Casboult... and with him roaming all over the ground, it dragged a tall out of their defence leaving Henderson and Waite usually one out with their direct opponents.

And North didn't lose because of the umpires. Carlton got more free kicks it's fact. I'd responded to comment made by another NM poster on the North board and one of the little pixies from the Carlton Board chose to paste my post here.

Whew. Blaming umpires for a game that was 6 goals apart with 2 minutes to go. image.jpg

What am I misrepresenting?

The fact that you blame the umpires for your loss.

As I said before, time to move on!

I never blamed the umpires for loss. Far from it. Carlton won because they were committed from the first bounce.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've watched a fair bit of Carlton games this year as the missus is a blue bagger(proof not everyone is perfect:p) and after last night I've come to the conclusion that Mick is a good coach and as a team you're so close but at the same time so far.

Mick tactically planned very well and that's why I tipped you guys as I thought after the week he was bullied in the media he wasn't going to put up with that Sh1t and completely pantsed Scott. You have plenty of top end talent but some of your lesser known players have a tendency to continually make average decisions or when they make the right one execute it poorly causing turnovers etc.

I'm not sure if it can be coached or trained out of these players but until it does you will continue to lose games you should win. From what I saw if these areas can be improved and with a little luck on the injury, recruiting and fixture front you can challenge for positions 3-8 on the ladder.

Enjoy the win and the replay.

Edit: Don't worry about the North supporters, if they win it's how great they were, if they lose it's the umpires not the spuds playing for them.

Nothing changes! ;)

They had to constantly have a tall on Casboult... and with him roaming all over the ground, it dragged a tall out of their defence leaving Henderson and Waite usually one out with their direct opponents.
And kept their Henderson accountable. Which he did not enjoy one bit, or do very well at.

Great stuff from the boys so I hate to be a Debbie Downer but again for me Daisy didn't do enough to justify him staying in the seniors for the rest of the year. Not saying he's a bust by any stretch but I reckon play him in the VFL for (mainly) the rest of the season to really get him going again, which is what they should've done from the start.
Daisy at the moment is an excellent role player who does his job well even if he doesn't get it a whole lot. Always chases, always goes when he should, and always hits his target: only 14 disposals but never missed once. Which is better than getting it 20 times and turning it over half a dozen times like others are wont to do.

Not what we recruited him for but all part of getting him back to his best. And he is offering a lot more than our lesser lights so why would you drop him?

Great win last night. Have watched it twice now

What I Loved

-Gibbs. I was firmly in the "let him go for compo " camp, and recall saying saying "Prove me wrong Bryce" He totally has. Good
-Rowe. Playing better than I could have ever imagined. Tip my hat Sammy
-Yazz. Ahhhh, that run.
-Lachie. 6 goals. Enough said
-Waite. Where has that Jarrod been all year? And I don't even mean the clunks. But the intent! The chasing, the tackling, the controlled aggression
-Wood. I had it
-Mick. Copped it all week, from all angles, and took Scott to Coaching School I thought.

Enjoyed that song the boys were singing at the end. Was vaguely familiar. Might see if Itunes has it

Great win last night. Have watched it twice now

What I Loved

-Gibbs. I was firmly in the "let him go for compo " camp, and recall saying saying "Prove me wrong Bryce" He totally has. Good
-Rowe. Playing better than I could have ever imagined. Tip my hat Sammy
-Yazz. Ahhhh, that run.
-Lachie. 6 goals. Enough said
-Waite. Where has that Jarrod been all year? And I don't even mean the clunks. But the intent! The chasing, the tackling, the controlled aggression
-Wood. I had it
-Mick. Copped it all week, from all angles, and took Scott to Coaching School I thought.

Enjoyed that song the boys were singing at the end. Was vaguely familiar. Might see if Itunes has it
You're tipping your hat, I'm dipping my lid, rowie just has an effect on headwear apparently! :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Rd 18 Blues d North Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back