Preview Rd 18 Pies V Cats Fri July 12 2024 740 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well looks like I'm going to this game. Wish me luck, the filth will be out in force.

Here's praying that the toothless fan sitting behind me last year constantly screaming "mish mosh chewy on ya boot" every time a Geelong player had a shot on goal has a dentist appointment Friday night and can't make it.

Although Collingwood's form line hasn't been great the past 3 matches, they have been in all 3 games and had dominant patches within all 3. Not a lot would have had to change for them to snatch another victory over the past fortnight.

They also had some very impressive performances earlier in the year with more injuries than they have for this game.

With their season essentially on the line, I am not anticipating such in-game inconsistency from them this week. They will bring something close to their best effort.

Genuine 50/50 game.
With the bake they've been getting in the media I expect them breathing fire

Well looks like I'm going to this game. Wish me luck, the filth will be out in force.

Here's praying that the toothless fan sitting behind me last year constantly screaming "mish mosh chewy on ya boot" every time a Geelong player had a shot on goal has a dentist appointment Friday night and can't make it.
I wouldn't hold my breath on that but you can ask him to hold his

Atkins was a good match up for Merrett but I fear what Daicos would do to him. O'Connor is actually reasonably quick across the ground which is why I thought it was a better match up - and obviously Mullin who I think would run well with him.
MOC has played the game longer and has a better concept on an experience basis IMO.
Daicos has all the tricks and uses them to aplomb - and IMO would lose Mullin to easily - and Atkins while quick and experienced id rather MOC clamp Daicos and keep Atkins to part time tag if needed or just be his usual bull self in the guts.

GO Catters

MOC has played the game longer and has a better concept on an experience basis IMO.
Daicos has all the tricks and uses them to aplomb - and IMO would lose Mullin to easily - and Atkins while quick and experienced id rather MOC clamp Daicos and keep Atkins to part time tag if needed or just be his usual bull self in the guts.

GO Catters
Daicos????
We need to bring back Rooke - one tackle from Max and it's all over ;)

I've got the feeling we'll put Collingwood to the sword.

Despite winning the flag, they haven't been that good over the last few years, scraping by with wins in tight games.

That's not possible to maintain long term (unless you're Geelong) and it doesn't show any particular dominance over the league. They've just been cool under pressure, benefactors of parochial crowds (which sway umpiring decisions) and a million games at their home ground.

Are they good? Yep. Are they streaks ahead? Nope. As finishing bottom 4, bombing out of finals, effectively Bradburying a flag and now mid-table

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Using the old “it’s not who you play, it’s when you play” line, we should win this.

We are starting to go ok and have a reasonably fit squad.

Pies are looking pretty ordinary and have gained some extra injuries which will not help at all.

If the form math maths… we win.

It doesn’t always work that way though.
That's all true from our perspective however the Pies well and truly have their backs to the wall and are under serious heat.
Their pressure will be through the roof.
A win here by us will he huge , particularly for the young guys to play before a huge crowd.
Reckon we will be really on for this one - match their pressure and our class should prevail.

Got a good feeling about this one.

Star Wars Tropes GIF

With the current state of their list we really should be winning this. And comfortably. But they are pretty good with their backs against the wall so I still expect it to be a tough contest. Any team that still contains Daicos x2, De Goey, Pendlebury, Hill, Moore, Howe, Sidebottom and Crisp has a decent core of talent. Where we should get them as the game goes on is the difference in quality between our bottom 8 and theirs.

I understand Mihocek is out and he normally goes well against us. And I read some article that said McRae is being outcoached. Both good signs for us.

We are up and about again and they are struggling again. Time to strike hard on the MCG which we like to play.

And OT I see 18thmond are cellar dwellers where they belong.
With those coaching rankings that came out, I would say the CS would definitely want to remind a few people why he is #1...

Maybe the Hawks were flat coming back from Perth and were due a loss but that four quarter effort from us was very encouraging.
The SDK , Stewart moves to mid plus Danger returning has stiffened us up considerably ( pun intended ;) )
A better performing midfield , particularly when we stop quick exits out front of stoppage does wonders for our whole set up. Helps our now undersize defence incredibly.

What a game from Mannagh - really wanted it and seems very comfortable as a mid as well as high HF - can see why avid VFL watchers have been pumping his tyres. Adds something between the arcs , exciting.
Humphries - had little to do in the first half , got caught a few times but covers the ground very well and makes great decisions - those 2 goal assists were worthy of a veteran, he also adds something special down back and has fantastic potential as a distributor.
With Neale and Dempsey looking solid ( Dempsey exceptional) and Clark cracking in and developing the future looks rosy :think:
The confidence that Dangerfield and Stewart bring to a Centre Bounce is second to none. All Australian level players, who are hard at it, tackle to hurt and just ooze leadership would be intimidating for most midfield setups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back