Preview Rd 19 Cats V Dogs Sat Jul 20 2024 @ KP 730 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t believe people talking about MOC or Mullin coming in, no thanks to both I say. If anyone comes in it’s Knevitt or Hardy for a run. Keep the team the same if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Id be happy not to see MOC again barring coming in for someone being rested. He isn’t in our best 22 and are a better team without him. Can’t believe it took so long to bring in the likes of Mannagh and Lawson for him

Id be happy not to see MOC again barring coming in for someone being rested. He isn’t in our best 22 and are a better team without him. Can’t believe it took so long to bring in the likes of Mannagh and Lawson for him
MOC can play that tagger/shutdown role, but think Mannagh and Lawson have decent upside and hurt factor.

2 weeks ago the Western Bulldogs were insipid and utterly pathetic against Pt Adelaide over in SA , i watched that game there were holes galore in their team , and after viewing that you wouldnt back them at 500-1 to win this years flag

I watched the 2nd half of their win over Carlton , you could see after their debacle against Port they put alot of emphasis on pressure and tackling , they dominated the Blues in general play and never looked like losing , but i didnt think they had much system in their forward line , just kick it to Ugle Hagan and hope . Plus you have to factor in the game was played at Docklands , where the Dogs play well , and alot of opposition sides dont play as well their

Thus after watching those 2 games , then Geel if they have really turned the corner ( because they have put in some shockers at KP themselves ) then i think the Cats will win by between 35-40 points

Geelong officially unveil their 2024 Retro Round Guernsey for Round 19's game, celebrating the Centenary of Carji Greeves Brownlow Medal triumph.

He won the inaugural Brownlow Medal in 1924, awarded to the VFL/AFL player adjudged fairest and best during the home-and-away season. He is the son of Ted Greeves, who also played with the Geelong Football Club.

He was nicknamed 'Carji', derived from 'Carjillo, the Rajah of Bhong', a character in a popular play.

Screen Shot 2024-07-15 at 10.50.57.png

https://www.geelongcats.com.au/vide...dal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1720836000001

Jezza cracks me up doing a 'Harry High Pants' :joycat:

Screen Shot 2024-07-15 at 10.45.58.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goggin-Newland Shield, for that strange 1976 season where Billy coached the Dogs and Ken spent a year there too, along with the late Ian Hampshire who stayed at the Doggies and coached '82-83.

When Kelvin Templeton recently was elevated to legend status re the AFL , there is a 3 minute approx video of Gary Dempsey ( re on the AFL site ) giving his accolodates re Templeton when they were team mates together . And amongst other things he said he ( Templeton ) was probably a bit lucky that Billy Goggin was a great coach and probably gave him some room . Thats interesting and i think a mighty accolade that Gary Dempsey champion ruckman player over a long period of time , Brownlow Medalist etc , and he was captain their when Goggin was coach and he rated Goggin a great coach

MOC can play that tagger/shutdown role, but think Mannagh and Lawson have decent upside and hurt factor.

MOC and Stanley will get a couple of games each on that run home to keep them ticking over similar to Menegola and Dahlhaus in 2022. They're probably not best 23 (at a pinch MOC depending on form and role) but they're in the best 27 so might be needed in a crisis.

But we know what they're going to offer. Even if Clark, Humphries or Mannagh lose form and miss the team come finals it's better to get them games now.

As we've clearly already named a few players who've played for both Geelong & the Bulldogs, just wondering if the Bulldogs would be the club we potentially have the most shared players with or if that just a recency thing?

Starting at Geelong
  • Tim Callan
  • Peter Street
  • Nathan Djerrkura
  • Ryan Gardner
  • Joel Hamling
I know the latter two didn't play a senior game for us but they were on our list

From the Bulldogs to us (maybe with another team inbetween)
  • Luke Dahlhaus
  • Stewart Crameri
  • Shaun Higgins

Generational connections:
  • Terry De Koning played 31 games for Footscray
  • Alby Smedts played 51 for Footscray

And then there's player to off-field position converts
  • Brett Goodes played 22 games for the Bulldogs and joined us as an Indigenous Player Development Manager
  • Matthew Scarlett, Cam Mooney, Steven King, Joel Corey & Travis Varcoe are amongst our former players to join the Bulldogs in various coaching capacities

• Brendan McCartney, obviously a long term assistant coach at Geelong & then senior coach at the Bulldogs

Probably plenty of others also

Unrelated I guess to the Cats/Dogs game, but can older timers than me tell me what led Billy Goggin to lose/cease coaching the Dogs after Rd 1 1978? I didn't realise he coached for both 76-77, and then Rd 1 1978, which was a large loss to norf. Obviously returned to Geelong for his '80-82 stint. Geelong ended Terry Wheeler's coaching stint at the Dogs after the Rd 2, 1994 game, an 88 pt loss at K.P.

The only change i think is really likely is OH into the 22 and Rohan sub.

The next highest possibility is Stanley in to take a little of the load off off SDK.

Any other changes would come down to if any players need a rest or tactical.
As long as Rohan isn't completely jaded I'd like to see him play this one.

13 goals against the Bulldogs in his 7 games against them as a Cat - consistently bobs up for a couple. They don't have a great match up for him.

Not sure where to put this..(mods can move).

Watching these POD cast..
These bloke cats fan his dad put in new lights in the bedroom connected to like a google set up.
Left night called Jezza..right light called Max Holmes 😂.

Hey goggle turn on Jezza.😜

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back