Preview Rd 19 Cats V Dogs Sat Jul 20 2024 @ KP 730 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as Rohan isn't completely jaded I'd like to see him play this one.

13 goals against the Bulldogs in his 7 games against them as a Cat - consistently bobs up for a couple. They don't have a great match up for him.
It'll be an interesting watch because you wouldn't assume Henry would cop the sub vest 3 weeks in a row, but in saying that people thought it wouldn't happen twice.

Looking at the differences between the team who played the Dogs in Geelong last year compared to the team who played on Friday night:

In: Blicavs Cameron Clark Close Duncan J.Henry Humphries Mullin Rohan Tuohy
Out: Bews Clohesy Conway Knevitt Menegola Mullin O'Connor Parfitt Smith Stanley

Reckon Tuohy needs a rest. Knevitt for him.

Stanley for me because sdk is the only player we have tall enough for darcy.

Stanley in for tuohy (managed).
Ollie probably needs to come into the 22 so i assume rohan to sub.

Didn't think I'd ever say this, but I would bring Stanley in this week.

Blicavs needed for Bont.

SDK needed to help Henry and Kolo on Darcy, Naughton and JUH.

In : Stanley
Out : Clark

Sub : Rohan

Definitely and im not a stanley fan but we need him this week.
Id rest tuohy and keep clark in but either is fine.
Clark or rohan to sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure that Stanley is up to playing AFL footy these days. I’d assume we’d stay with our current structure and back ourselves to win enough footy to give our forwards more opportunities than there’s.

Was just looking at footywire. Crazy how similar our seasons have been statistics wise.

View attachment 2049319

That's amazing- very even. At least we top them in conversion, so with home ground advantage I'm hoping we keep that stat up and Jamarra down.

Much like the last 3 weeks, we play a side where if we lose then "we lost to a decent team" and if we beat them "we only defeated a poor team" - with the ladder bunched so tightly, our direct results affect those ratings that much.

If Essendon, Collingwood and Hawthorn defeated us we would've lost to the teams in 2nd, 9th and 11th - instead of beating the teams in 6th, 12th and 13th.

Win this week and we beat a team that might be placed 12th. Lose and we might have lost to a team in 7th.

I hope Rohan starts, he's playing with intent, a live wire who leads and I feel he's harder to defend. From the replay, he was clear/free inside F50 on multiple occasions, but so were others and he wasn't required. There is a lot of motivation for Ollie as sub to come on and play well, as we seen last week. They'll weigh it up against the dogs personnel of course, but won't surprise me.

Much like the last 3 weeks, we play a side where if we lose then "we lost to a decent team" and if we beat them "we only defeated a poor team" - with the ladder bunched so tightly, our direct results affect those ratings that much.

If Essendon, Collingwood and Hawthorn defeated us we would've lost to the teams in 2nd, 9th and 11th - instead of beating the teams in 6th, 12th and 13th.

Win this week and we beat a team that might be placed 12th. Lose and we might have lost to a team in 7th.

Have to say the closeness on the ladder is doing my head in. Trying to work out who to barrack against without disfavour to the teams one actually hates. Need someone to do a squiggle for us.
Scott virtue signals- you can't depend on other games results for ladder position. It's hard to believe they wouldn't be temporarily loving last weeks results as much as posters in the Oppo thread. :)

Not sure that Stanley is up to playing AFL footy these days. I’d assume we’d stay with our current structure and back ourselves to win enough footy to give our forwards more opportunities than there’s.

He was ok in the vfl on the weekend and given their talls i dont think we have a choice. Darcy or jammara could kick a huge bag with no sdk there.

We are not going to change our ruck/midfield set up, because we are worried about Sam Darcy match up. The game will be won in the middle, not by defending high balls into dogs forward line.

SDK will stay where he is, if we need another tall defender then we have COS to play on Darcy.

We are not going to change our ruck/midfield set up, because we are worried about Sam Darcy match up. The game will be won in the middle, not by defending high balls into dogs forward line.

SDK will stay where he is, if we need another tall defender then we have COS to play on Darcy.

COS is undersized for that match up and not ready for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back