Preview Rd 19 Cats V Dogs Sat Jul 20 2024 @ KP 730 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What I love about this compilation is that nearly all of the goal assists shown come from the “younger brigade” of Close, Miers, Dempsey….

This was a fun watch on a tuesday. Might watch it again!

Watching that, the recent recruiting has been off the charts good!!!!

Jury is still out, but it seems we've been doing better with our earlier selections - SDK, Holmes, Neale, Conway, Knevitt, Clark, COS. Hopefully gone are the days of Lang, Smedts, Brown, etc.

View attachment 2049877
That’s 5 really successful drafting years in a row, exceptional result with the selections offered most years.

2019 - Dekoning, Close
2020 - Holmes, Neale
2021 - Dempsey, Conway, Knevitt
2022 - Clark
2023 - Humphries, O’Sullivan, Mannagh

There will be others from those years make it and more than likely some will not progress as we would like, but on any measure that is a fantastic list of players to take forward.

….and, as this is the Cats v Dogs thread, hopefully we add B.Smith to the crew next year!

Last edited:
Interesting article in The Hun this morning revealing Lawson has chronic eyesight issues, pterygium (sun damage). Hence the sun glasses. It's not suggested but I assume that condition would add an extra difficulty playing under lights.
More power to that young man, for how far he has come.

Herald Sun Article, of course it's locked, if anyone can put it up?

Last edited:
Interesting article in The Hun this morning revealing Lawson has chronic eyesight issues, pterygium (sun damage). Hence the sun glasses. It's not suggested but I assume that condition would add an extra difficulty playing under lights.

I had a pterygium removed recently. Surgery was ... interesting

Don't think he'll have an issue with lights or anything

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have a check of this post on the Humphries RS thread - I believe it's the same article

Has appeal but I am not sure if he has the tnk or the application to be a two way runner
I don't mind it, but it feels like the sort of thing we need to train him for over a pre-season rather than just starting randomly.

Will need to build his tank, as well as learning running patterns and such.

Same scenario if we want him to pinch hit in the middle like other medium forwards across the league.

6 months to get ready physically and learn the position and it's a chance, but just putting him out there now while we have better options doesn't seem like the right call.

What I love about this compilation is that nearly all of the goal assists shown come from the “younger brigade” of Close, Miers, Dempsey….

Sometimes pre-prepared commentary is cheesy but I loved Dwayne Russell's reference to the "Mier's Gift Delivery Service" the other night when Gryan nailed another one of his inside 50 passes. Such a clever pun on the shopping giant, Myer, and their gift registry/delivery. Thought it deserved a shout out here.

Last edited:
What does successful drafting look like?

I think you misinterpreted my post. I was saying the jury is still out on whether we've been better with our early selections, not whether our recent drafting has been successful overall.

I need a gif of the Miers to Cameron one in the Coll match as that was god tier (wasn't in this video)

Sometimes pre-prepared commentary is cheesy but I loved Dwayne Russell's reference to the "Mier's Gift Delivery Service" the other night when Gryan nailed another one of his inside 50 passes. Such a clever pun on the shopping giant, Myer, and their gift registry/delivery. Thought it deserved a shout out here.
Just missing the "my store myers" jingle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back