Preview Rd 19 Cats V Dogs Sat Jul 20 2024 @ KP 730 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a gif of the Miers to Cameron one in the Coll match as that was god tier (wasn't in this video)
I was literally lost for words when he did that one. Just drew the player, had the mini play on to make the defenders mistime their run then dropped it perfectly to the one man it was meant for.

Like the whole Collingwood defence was just his little puppet show.

Tuohy hasn't been as good as his prime but a liability? bullshit
I caught myself swearing at him a few times in the first half, some of his defensive work and kolos dropped intercept were things that they usually lap up.

Does feel like Tuohy is on his last legs. Due a rest soon.

I caught myself swearing at him a few times in the first half, some of his defensive work and kolos dropped intercept were things that they usually lap up.

Does feel like Tuohy is on his last legs. Due a rest soon.

IF C. Guthrie was available, do you think he'd be the one to put most pressure on Tuohy?

I like Clark but he's not a wing and he's playing wing.

Clark or Clohesy to sub. Because they're both good options.

So obviously get mixed up a bit as players get rotated but play OH on the wing a bit. Have him drift forward as our fleet of smaller HFF types like Mannagh, Miers, Close all push forward as the extra winger.

Suddenly we have the right numbers at the contest and Ollie Henry is either sagging off into space around the ground using superior marking ability and forward nous to mark outlet kicks and attack, or he's popping up forward with an outmatch being defended aerially by a winger.

You can adjust this during game depending on your opponents weaknesses, but the gist is Ollie is a huge threat when they don't see him coming and relatively easy to defend when we have targeted him directly, so put him in a position where he surprises them
Henry's played wing before to no effect. Knevitts the obvious choice here. He was good against Essendon then withdrew from hawks game with illness now everyone seems to have forgotten he exists. His best games have been better than Clarks who seems to just keep escaping the axe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Henry's played wing before to no effect. Knevitts the obvious choice here. He was good against Essendon then withdrew from hawks game with illness now everyone seems to have forgotten he exists. His best games have been better than Clarks who seems to just keep escaping the axe
Ok but if you're playing Knevitt on the wing that doesn't answer the Henry question. Plus, disposal efficiency aside he didn't look unsuited to it last week, and if it doesn't work just rotate mannagh through there.

Interesting on the midweek tackle. Been firmly in the No Stanley camp.

However, their stat is 7 meetings SDK v Naughton amassing over 8 hours.
Naughton 3 combined goals in 8 hours of footy.

lots to like about our recent performances and form, including confidence in movement, vision and footskills - Humphries, Dempsey and Mannagh have greatly added to Miers and Duncan as elite kickers. (In fact, the whole team appears to be much more willing to back themselves and team mates). Enables switching game styles from the possession game to the direct attacking. Also like how Cats are opening up space in forward line. Going to be interesting to see how Doggies plan to combat that.

Concerns for me -
  • still exposed by tall forwards. Kruger got to good positions but couldn’t hold marks and 2 metre Peter caused problems until Dons midfield fell apart. Grant might be a challenge.
  • Stewart -his combination of restart mid and floating sweeper is brilliant but I’m worried about the head knocks. Crash and bash is going to raise the risk further. Bruhn back might help.

Last edited:
As good as their team is around the footy really we should be licking our lips at that defence, with all due respect theres VFL sides with a better back 6.

I'd play Rohan and Henry in the same side and ask some serious questions of their depth, Clark sub.

Last edited:
Was it Liberatore that had a day out last time?

Yeah he dominated in the middle.

But our full-time mids in the guts for that game were Bruhn, Bowes, Parfitt and Clark.

This time around we will mainly have Danger, Stewart, Atkins and some Bowes in there... So it'll be a different (much better) dynamic.

If someone in their team is going to have a day out I'm happy for it to be him.

Liberatore gets the ball to Bontempelli who does the damage
Tags needed : Blitz to Bont : Atkins / Mannagh share Libba

Clark > Substitute
O'Henry Rohan rotate as forwards
Rohan can rotate on wing / Half back with Holmes
Release Holmes to be closer to goal

If Tanner passes fitness test = Clarke omitted
Tuohy or Duncan managed as Substitute

Liberatore gets the ball to Bontempelli who does the damage
Tags needed : Blitz to Bont : Atkins / Mannagh share Libba

Clark > Substitute
O'Henry Rohan rotate as forwards
Rohan can rotate on wing / Half back with Holmes
Release Holmes to be closer to goal

If Tanner passes fitness test = Clarke omitted
Tuohy or Duncan managed as Substitute

Pretty good calls, but it seems to me that a fit Duncan continues to be among the first named. For good reason,we should accept it. No matter how many calls for resting Duncan are made here, they never do it-unless he's going off for fatherhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back