Preview Rd 19 Cats V Dogs Sat Jul 20 2024 @ KP 730 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok but if you're playing Knevitt on the wing that doesn't answer the Henry question. Plus, disposal efficiency aside he didn't look unsuited to it last week, and if it doesn't work just rotate mannagh through there.
I'd be dropping him which clearly they won't as never played VFL here (guessing in contract for him to leave pies) So start him and sub Rohan at half time if Henry's been poor or vice a versa

We are 90% at home yet we've lost 2 this year already.
Home teams Home grounds always get the advantage.
The Rule of a Punter.
Unless u r Norf or Ninthmond LOL.
Unless u r Norf or Eighteenthmond LOL.

FIFY ;)

Difficult to make changes to a winning team. With Stewart going through the midfield we seem to be one defender short. With the Bulldogs being tall up front I'd would play Jeka and keep SDK in the ruck. Up front, it might be Neale that goes out so both Henry and Rohan can start. If this happened Rohan would probably take the forward ruck.

I would love to see Knevitt in the side so I have to tip someone out and then choose a sub. So Clark goes out for Knevitt and then Tuohy is sub. I would consider Duncan as sub, but with Stewart in the middle he is the backline co ordinator. If Bruhn is fit he comes in instead of Knevitt.

So Out: Neale, Clark
In: Jeka, Kenivitt or Bruhn

The Dogs are well below full strength even with Naughton and Treloar back. At Kardinia Park, we should have them covered.

Go Cats

Doggies have looked really strong at times over the last couple of weeks. If they bring their best then we'll be in for a challenge, and it is difficult to know which way the chips will fall. I think last time we played them at KP we only won due to an after the siren boundary line goal from Rohan (Was a great win). So despite a good record against them, recent history says they play KP relatively well.

We will need to be on to win this. I think we will get, up but I don't think this will be won and lost at the selection table.

Difficult to make changes to a winning team. With Stewart going through the midfield we seem to be one defender short. With the Bulldogs being tall up front I'd would play Jeka and keep SDK in the ruck. Up front, it might be Neale that goes out so both Henry and Rohan can start. If this happened Rohan would probably take the forward ruck.

I would love to see Knevitt in the side so I have to tip someone out and then choose a sub. So Clark goes out for Knevitt and then Tuohy is sub. I would consider Duncan as sub, but with Stewart in the middle he is the backline co ordinator. If Bruhn is fit he comes in instead of Knevitt.

The Dogs are well below full strength even with Naughton and Treloar back. At Kardinia Park, we should have them covered.

Go Cats
Why drop Neale. He was cleared of any issue with the knock he got to the throat.

Think one of those Tuohy mistakes was a terrible bounce.

Yeah, unlucky bounce but maybe could've gone at the tackle harder? Though hard to stop a moving player...and with the way the MRO/tribunal is these days, can understand if players aren't exactly throwing themselves at each other to make the tackle.

Doggies have looked really strong at times over the last couple of weeks. If they bring their best then we'll be in for a challenge, and it is difficult to know which way the chips will fall. I think last time we played them at KP we only won due to an after the siren boundary line goal from Rohan (Was a great win). So despite a good record against them, recent history says they play KP relatively well.

We will need to be on to win this. I think we will get, up but I don't think this will be won and lost at the selection table.

Our revamped midfield set up has made a huge impact in stopping the opposition getting easy clearances forward and running it into our D50. Imperative we at least breakeven with the Dogs in the MF if we are to win.

SDK hasn't set the world on fire with taps but he's going at > 20 possessions a game and he uses it bloody well so that's a big change to a Stanley or Conway who go at < 10 touches.
Do we keep SDK as a mid or move him into defence this week and rely on Stanley to curb English?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s hard to change a winning team but I think our team needs to reflect a ‘horses for courses’ approach this week. Given the Doggies tall forward line, we need Stanley in as ruck so that SDK can go back to defence. OH and Rohan might swap roles (ie. Rohan to be sub this time - I don’t think they can play in the same side), even though I don’t think OH deserves to come back into the 22 based on their respective forms. It’s likely one of Tuohy or Duncan will take a week off to rest. MC will back Clark and keep pumping games into him; he’s showing flashes of promise in games that suggest he’s going to put it all together soon. Clohesy has been particularly dominant at VFL level but I can only see him getting a game towards end of H&A season if our position in top 4/8 is already secure or if we are suddenly decimated by injuries in midfield.

In: Stanley, OH (into the 22 from sub)
Out: Tuohy/Duncan, Rohan (sub)

Go Cats
That's what Carlton would have thought MINUS Treloar and Naughton. They don't have the KP factor, but Blues would be ruing that loss, Cripps milestone and all...
They (Doggies) are THE most fickle team in it- potentially easily top 4, but also capable finishing outside the 8.
Their talent and depth is really good.
Potent tall forwards, and 2 brilliant mobile versatile rucks, and a very decent MF.
IF we win this, will be rapt- yes I know we did get them in SA.

Last edited:

Go Cats
Sorry but there is no way Jeka gets an AFL game.

People say Bewsy can't get a call up.... Then Jeka is miles behind Bewsy. I knoe different positions but Jeka gets lazy about 7 times a game and turns or creates turnovers deep in D50 that often result in oppo scores.

Csnt have that and his laconic style gets him in trouble. AFL will expose that further.

If however he got rid of that I could see a better possiblity.

Go CAtters

How is Tuohy getting crucified on this forum but Duncan escapes unscathed?
At times this season it's been the other way around - Duncan being binned and Tuohy evading scrutiny.

Duncan is having a better season than Tuohy. He's received coaches votes 4 times compared to once for Tuohy, and much more frequently made our board's MVP votes.

Duncan is going at 21.2 disposals per game; 16.1 for Tuohy. 20+ disposal a game winners for Geelong are like gold dust. Despite the disposal differential, Duncan has only 0.5 more turnovers per game (3.6 compared to Tuohy's 3.1)

Duncan has an extra 3 effective kicks per game and a higher overall disposal efficiency.

Duncan has more rebound 50s, yet still has an extra score involvement per game.

Tuohy has scored more goals but Duncan has 3x as many goal assists.

They intercept about the same amount but Tuohy has the slight edge there: 4.2 to Duncan's 3.9. But this is supposedly Duncan's weak point, it's surprising that he is getting the ball back off the opposition about as often as Tuohy.

This game is hard to predict. Geelong is in better form now but if the Dogs are switched on they could give Geelong a pasting. They have a superior ruckman and midfield rotation, and the forwards are good - Ugle-Hagen, Naughton, Weightman, West. However, the Dogs rarely play 2 good games in a row.

This game is hard to predict. Geelong is in better form now but if the Dogs are switched on they could give Geelong a pasting. They have a superior ruckman and midfield rotation, and the forwards are good - Ugle-Hagen, Naughton, Weightman, West. However, the Dogs rarely play 2 good games in a row.

Our possessions from stoppages has been really good, I'm sure they'll be aware. Even then, I think our smalls will have too much skill for them. Fast hands, fast game, run like Forest Gump, we've adapted well and should continue.

If we choose not to go with Stanley then Jeka for Duncan could be a left field selection. Duncan gives me Kolo vibes with his defending at times, Jeka has the height and decent disposal mostly, could be one who excels at AFL level with better players around him.

Kolo is 100x the defender Duncan is. I know it’s not Duncans game/style but geez some of his efforts are borderline embarrassing they are that soft

We've had games against the Dogs in the past where we thought they would absolutely obliterate us in the midfield, but we ended up basically breaking even with them.

I remember the game mid last year where we were without Danger, Cam Guthrie, Duncan, Holmes and Bowes and had Ceglar in the ruck instead of Stanley, and we were just shaded 44-42 in clearances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back