Preview Rd 19 Cats V Dogs Sat Jul 20 2024 @ KP 730 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing to be sorry about. I understand Emerson is not an ideal choice and is not demanding selection. As I see it we are a key back short, especially against the dogs. I don't see COS as a key back yet and I would say, at least for now, Jeka is in front of him anyway. I see bringing him in as a better option than Rhys and playing SDK in defence. We'll see what the MC think tomorrow.

As far as Jeka goes I know he makes mistakes, as every player does, but I like his disposal skills and speed. He might be more focused at the top level. We thought he was worth putting on the list. I would give him a chance.
Makes sense - with COS still needing to build his core Jeka could get a chance if we don't ruck Stanley.
Recruited as a back up defender , could be his chance this week.

I find the equation very simple with the bulldogs. Break even with their midfield and we win 100% of the time. We have a better defense and forward half.

The only thing that is dangerous and potent about the dogs is their elite mids. Let their midfield dominate us and run rampant and we will lose. They don’t have a lot of avenues to win

I find the equation very simple with the bulldogs. Break even with their midfield and we win 100% of the time. We have a better defense and forward half.

The only thing that is dangerous and potent about the dogs is their elite mids. Let their midfield dominate us and run rampant and we will lose. They don’t have a lot of avenues to win
Although with Ugle-Hagen, Darcy, west and the return of weightman-they are pretty decent when firing. Is naughton playing?

Although with Ugle-Hagen, Darcy, west and the return of weightman-they are pretty decent when firing. Is naughton playing?
The one I am more worried about is Sam Darcy with his height… they will stretch us a bit with SDK in the ruck.

We have two options which are both reasonable.. back in our team first defense and play SDK ruck and keep team unchanged. Or bring in Stanley and put SDK down back.

Both understandable and viable. I would probably just continue with an unchanged team and back out system in and have SDK and blicavs flood back..

Or 3…. Push SDK back and ruck both blicavs and neale rotating…

Makes sense - with COS still needing to build his core Jeka could get a chance if we don't ruck Stanley.
Recruited as a back up defender , could be his chance this week.
And Jeka has played 7 AFL games for Hawthorn so he has had a taste of the standard at senior level.

I’d love to see Hardie and Jeka play a couple of games this year to get a look at what they can do at senior level. Neither had great games in the vfl last week though so not sure it’s the right game to bring them in.
I’m not convinced either will be able to make it at the level but they have been two of our best this season so it’d be good to know if they can make the step up.

I want Bews back in the team as well, we could use his dash and endeavour down back. Tuohy and Duncan have been better over the past month but they concern me. They’ve been stars no one is taking that away from them but I’m really concerned about them against better teams at the MCG.
Bews is one who could replace them down back and I’d look at Atkins and C Guthrie to play down back and get another mid in like Atkins or Parfitt.
If you don't mind the fact that Bews is always a chance to kick the ball out on the full and the fact that he has slowed down and is no longer a line breaker. I agree with Jeka and Hardie, it would be good to see if they can perform at AFL level. Hardie is a ball magnet and he regularly kicks a goal or 2. Jeka looks pretty composed and is big enough to hold down a key defensive post. But while we are winning I don't like their chances.

That’s pretty much how I see us vs the entire competition, we aren’t going to lose many games where we break even in the middle.

thanks jim GIF

Good change. No yesterday's man Rhys Stanley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lack of melts is extremely disappointing:(

If folks are anything like me, they're probably still stuck on a train between Melbourne and Geelong. Took about half an hour to get through Lara - not sure what's going on there.

I left work at 4pm, and just walked in the door 10 minutes ago - and the office is just across the road from Southern Cross!

If folks are anything like me, they're probably still stuck on a train between Melbourne and Geelong. Took about half an hour to get through Lara - not sure what's going on there.

I left work at 4pm, and just walked in the door 10 minutes ago - and the office is just across the road from Southern Cross!

I know of earlier issues on Latrobe Terrace, but haven't heard of any issues on the train line

I know of earlier issues on Latrobe Terrace, but haven't heard of any issues on the train line

Yeah, came across that as well. They had the right hand lanes blocked coming out of Railway Terrace. Saw a new light or power pole lying on the ground, so seems someone took one of them out.

Whilst Clark was ok last week playing an outside role, you’d think he was due for a rest and Knevitt is better suited to a defensive winger spot.

His extra height could also be a consideration when looking at the doggies talls.

If Henry is sub again it’ll be a sure sign Rohan is viewed as a better fit than him.

Was Henry actually injured a few weeks ago when he missed?

Whilst Clark was ok last week playing an outside role, you’d think he was due for a rest and Knevitt is better suited to a defensive winger spot.

His extra height could also be a consideration when looking at the doggies talls.

If Henry is sub again it’ll be a sure sign Rohan is viewed as a better fit than him.

Pretty sure Ollie Henry was injured back then - some kind of leg injury if my memory serves me correctly.

Depends who you ask:
  • the club said he was out with "unspecified soreness"
  • some said it was soreness related to his hamstring issue from pre-bye
  • others have suggested it was a polite way of saying "omitted" without actually omitting him as to allow Rohan a full game to see how he'd go from the opening bounce. Prior to the Essendon match, Rohan had played 6 matches and started as the sub in 4 of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back