Preview Rd 19 Cats V Dogs Sat Jul 20 2024 @ KP 730 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can talk up the Dogs as much as they like

But 2 weeks ago in SA , Port Ade 102 v W/B 54 , I wouldnt call that flash form at all , i watched that game , and they were beyond shocking , pretty similiar to our 2 pathetic finals losses over their to Port

In this thread ive read , oh the Bulldogs on paper will beat us everytime , oh the Bulldogs their midfield is loaded with talent , oh the Bulldogs if they have a change of coach they will win the next 3 flags on their ear

All just baseless nonsense , if Geelong are switched on and fair dinkum they win by 6 goals

In today's climate, the suggestion that the AFL is 'overprotective of the head' just cannot be supported. The AFL won't even exist as a sport in years to come if the game doesn't do absolutely everything to limit concussion events occurring in the future.

So whatever he actually meant, that is an extremely ill-advised turn of phrase from Bevo.

Any Cats members having issues with the mobile membership app and downloading seat tickets for tomorrows game?

Yes, and it's likely due to the same issue that's impacting a shit load of businesses in Australia - the Microsoft outage

Just wait for things to be resolved, or get to the game early

It'll be much worse for those attending the Essendon vs Adelaide match at Marvel tonight - at least KPST is hopefully smart enough to keep an eye on things and put on extra staff if needed tomorrow

Did they beat us last year?
Yep but that was an aberration in terms of our relationship with them - and we had a shocking year- also an outlier.
But they played well against us earlier this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I caught myself swearing at him a few times in the first half, some of his defensive work and kolos dropped intercept were things that they usually lap up.

Does feel like Tuohy is on his last legs. Due a rest soon.
I agree, suggested Tuohy could be sub, to come on with fresh legs

But 2 weeks ago in SA , Port Ade 102 v W/B 54 , I wouldnt call that flash form at all , i watched that game , and they were beyond shocking , pretty similiar to our 2 pathetic finals losses over their to Port

In this thread ive read , oh the Bulldogs on paper will beat us everytime , oh the Bulldogs their midfield is loaded with talent , oh the Bulldogs if they have a change of coach they will win the next 3 flags on their ear

All just baseless nonsense , if Geelong are switched on and fair dinkum they win by 6 goals
It is amazing how the media jump on anyone performing badly for 1 week or good for one week it is like they have the memory of a Goldfish.

1 week doesn't equal form in any sport or anything in the world really

Last edited:
Gun to my head, would be disappointed if we weren't winning this by 4+ goals.

We're starting to roll now, have everything to play for, and the Dogs are the very definition of mediocre.

Plus, they played their GF last week, which will hold us in good stead.

They're just not the club who typically get on big winning streaks, or have back-to-back statement wins. They tend to come from the clouds and then hardly show up the week after.

Scotty will take Bevo to the cleaners like always, and we should kick away after half time is my tip

Last week the Dogs accounted for Carlton and have 2 to top line ins this week. They are very inconsistent. But then, so are the Cats. Both teams need the win so the fully motivated Dogs and Cats should turn up. As you observed earlier, Lobb did well in the backline plugging a big hole for them. (He might not get near it this week!)

For us, the Selwood stand seems to have taken away some of our homeground advandge?

Recon we get home but we are definitely not certainties.

Lobb will be interesting as a key defender

When he 1st played with GWS i thought he was going to be a top notch player , but since leaving GWS to say he has been dissappointing is the understatement , and been playing quite a few games in the Bulldogs 2nds etc

But last week watching the 2nd half of Blues v Dogs game , they had him as a key defender , and it might have been the last qtr , opposed to Harry MacKay ( who is very tall ) and Lobb outmarked MacKay in one instance like Harry wasnt even their , it was very impressive , did it easily , maybe as a key defender it might get Lobb to concentrate properly and try properly because he has got talent

So it will be interesting how he goes against Neale - and whoever Geel put at FF

I like seeing Lobb as a defender, the exact type of player we want in there. He has no appropriate match up. Our usage of Neale isn't high enough to justify a lockdown defender. Cameron would just spend the whole game playing without an opponent

When we're going over the top who ever he is guarding is going to fly pass him.

Gun to my head, would be disappointed if we weren't winning this by 4+ goals.

We're starting to roll now, have everything to play for, and the Dogs are the very definition of mediocre.

Plus, they played their GF last week, which will hold us in good stead.

They're just not the club who typically get on big winning streaks, or have back-to-back statement wins. They tend to come from the clouds and then hardly show up the week after.

Scotty will take Bevo to the cleaners like always, and we should kick away after half time is my tip

With our midfield, I don't take anything for granted, each contest is of utmost importance. That being said, break even there will kill them on the outside. They're so enamoured by the cult of the CP that they stack their team will ball winners. Our team is the exact opposite, we have guys who can kick the football and actually hit a target.

Brilliant. The daughter seems remarkably young as her father won the medal 100 years ago.
Carji Greeves died in 1963 at the age of 59. He was married in 1934 + had two daughters. So June would be in her mid to late 80s? Looks amazing + fit.

1721380276900.png

Last edited:
It just didn't mean anything though as we were missing around 10 players, mostly important ones - nothing to play for, we sent a bunch for surgery. In fact it was a joke that we were winning until our legs ran out in the third quarter.
Agree with all of that. Doesn't change the fact that the scoreboard did show us as being losers at home against them for the first time in forever.

Having said that, I was actually quite proud of the effort the group put up that night, considering the players we had available for the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back