Preview Rd 19 Cats V Dogs Sat Jul 20 2024 @ KP 730 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like seeing Lobb as a defender, the exact type of player we want in there. He has no appropriate match up. Our usage of Neale isn't high enough to justify a lockdown defender. Cameron would just spend the whole game playing without an opponent

When we're going over the top who ever he is guarding is going to fly pass him.

With our midfield, I don't take anything for granted, each contest is of utmost importance. That being said, break even there will kill them on the outside. They're so enamoured by the cult of the CP that they stack their team will ball winners. Our team is the exact opposite, we have guys who can kick the football and actually hit a target.

From our game against the Dogs in rd 4:

"Jeremy Cameron had an outstanding match this evening with 27 disposals (equal third highest of his career), six inside 50's, and 12 scoring involvements but was inaccurate in front of goal from his seven set shots 2.4 (18)."

I think he's in for another big game this weekend.

From our game against the Dogs in rd 4:

"Jeremy Cameron had an outstanding match this evening with 27 disposals (equal third highest of his career), six inside 50's, and 12 scoring involvements but was inaccurate in front of goal from his seven set shots 2.4 (18)."

I think he's in for another big game this weekend.
I hope you're right. And I really hope that he doesn't pull a C. Curnow from last weekend in front of goal.

Given they beat us at home last time out, it might be worth evaluating how different our team will be from that night.

Outs: Bews, Clohesy, Conway, Menegola, Mullin, O'Connor, Parfitt, Smith, Stanley

Ins: Blicavs, Cameron, Close, Duncan, J. Henry, Humphries, Mannagh, Rohan, Tuohy

You'd have to say there's a bunch of those changes that are upgrades to the line-up as things currently stand.

Given they beat us at home last time out, it might be worth evaluating how different our team will be from that night.

Outs: Bews, Clohesy, Conway, Menegola, Mullin, O'Connor, Parfitt, Smith, Stanley

Ins: Blicavs, Cameron, Close, Duncan, J. Henry, Humphries, Mannagh, Rohan, Tuohy

You'd have to say there's a bunch of those changes that are upgrades to the line-up as things currently stand.

There isn't a single player in the outs that I'd prefer over any of the ins

They can talk up the Dogs as much as they like

But 2 weeks ago in SA , Port Ade 102 v W/B 54 , I wouldnt call that flash form at all , i watched that game , and they were beyond shocking , pretty similiar to our 2 pathetic finals losses over their to Port

In this thread ive read , oh the Bulldogs on paper will beat us everytime , oh the Bulldogs their midfield is loaded with talent , oh the Bulldogs if they have a change of coach they will win the next 3 flags on their ear

All just baseless nonsense , if Geelong are switched on and fair dinkum they win by 6 goals
And to counter that, did you witness the way they managed the Blues last week?
That is recency at its best. Granted our game is at home.
But the Dogs are more talented than most lists, including ours, and this year, they are underperforming.
This will be like a final for them tomorrow- a loss, and maybe no chance top 8; a win, and likely they do.

But the Dogs are more talented than most lists, including ours, and this year, they are underperforming.
This will be like a final for them tomorrow- a loss, and maybe no chance top 8; a win, and likely they do.
They sure 'underperform' a lot don't they?

They had a great list once upon a time. Perpetually overrated nowadays.

Dunkley is a huge loss. Would crawl across broken glass to get him to Geelong, as is Smith through injury.

When your dominant line is your midfield - see 2021 - and that strength is weakened, you're not the same side anymore.

Awful backline with wafer thin depth, and a forwardline that should be great one day when Darcy & JUH are at their peak, but it isn't right now.

It's a good list, above AFL average...but it's not the panacea it's made out to be.

And to counter that, did you witness the way they managed the Blues last wee
Based on what ?????

Lets guess 1000% hype

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do they have a more talented list, or is it more so that their top end talent in a player like Bontempelli is at a higher level than the top end talent of other lists?

They have a good list, with some good young players coming through, but when you're playing Lobb in defence, it shows a gap in your list

I don't see the Dogs having complete control of midfield like they did the last time we played. We simply had no answer for Bont and Libba and yet managed to pinch the win. The Stewart / Danger combination has been pretty phenomenal, I'd hazard a guess and say since they moved into the midfield a few weeks ago we've gone from one of the worst in terms of differential in scoring from stoppage differential to one of the best and I expect the duo will help us break even in the middle.

Outside of the midfield I think we are better so I see us beating them pretty comfortably but they've been very hot and cold and our new midfield is still a little unproven. I think it'll be really interesting to see if we can go head-to-head with a strong midfield. If we can it bodes well for our finals campaign.

INFO FOR MEMBERS WITH DIGITAL TICKETS:

The Microsoft outage appears to now be over & Ticketmaster working normally again - this means tickets are once again available in your app

If able to do so, I'd recommend adding you ticket/s to your phone's wallet for easy access tomorrow

Based on what ?????

Lets guess 1000% hype
Based on talent, their best is better than most. % is a fair indicator. Their 2 rucks are elite, multiple KF's, great MF.
They sure 'underperform' a lot don't they?

They had a great list once upon a time. Perpetually overrated nowadays.

Dunkley is a huge loss. Would crawl across broken glass to get him to Geelong, as is Smith through injury.

When your dominant line is your midfield - see 2021 - and that strength is weakened, you're not the same side anymore.

Awful backline with wafer thin depth, and a forwardline that should be great one day when Darcy & JUH are at their peak, but it isn't right now.

It's a good list, above AFL average...but it's not the panacea it's made out to be.
My unofficial role in these matches, is to argue the reasons the opposition team could beat us. Week after week. I do it as a service to mankind, and to inspire reactions and comments as to why we should win.

Based on talent, their best is better than most. % is a fair indicator. Their 2 rucks are elite, multiple KF's, great MF.

My unofficial role in these matches, is to argue the reasons the opposition team could beat us. Week after week. I do it as a service to mankind, and to inspire reactions and comments as to why we should win.

I'll bite - who are their two elite ruck, because one could comfortable argue that it doesn't include English based on his 2024, which is rather average in comparison with other rucks around the league
One of the few categories he rates as elite is for his average marks per game & uncontested disposals:

1721395774357.png

In terms of his actual ruck work, he rates below average to average in most areas - where he is above average is in contests attended because the Bulldogs run with him with minimal support from Darcy or Lobb

1721395864199.png

Everyone better rug up tomorrow night checked weather app earlier, showing gale force winds and rain and cold 9 degrees and gets lower as night goes on!
ahh the frozen tundra of Kardinia Park...anyone rocking up bare-chested with Cats spelled out on their chests? :grinv1:

I’ve watch quite a few VFL games and Jeka always plays well with good skills and decision making.

I see him as a Lachie Henderson type player who may not be the best 1:1 player but potentially has a role to play.

I actually haven’t seen him get dominated in too many contests. COS will be a better a player in time but I think Jeka is a better player right now
Sure hope COS is the real deal as had buyers remorse watching Caddy tonight

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

I'd still have MO'C as the sub given he can come in as a midfielder, defender, or tagger, but aside from that quibble I agree.
yeah... and given how on top their MF can get, I like MOC to be the stopper out there if needed.
Not flashy but does the job when needed.

GO Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back