Game Day Rd 20 2013 - Richmond v Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

25-15 in the end. They call that the 'Rub of the green' for the Lions.

Yeah I harp on it more then most, I'm starting to wander if this is a reflection of our lack of class. Vossie has the boys trying their arse off. to match other teams we need 100% effort. We play a scraggy brand of football and perhaps this plays a part in the constant lopsided free kick counts.

mayes showing awesome signs as a mid that can go forward and cause real damage, something we were hoping from karnezis, mayes is doing in year 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm. I might've taken a four goal loss at the start of the game, but somehow this doesn't really feel like a step in the right direction for us.

We've been down this path before, giving up big leads and then getting back into it when the intensity goes out of the game. It's just not sustainable.

Two games we should win followed by a hail mary trip to Geelong. It feels like the competitive part of our season is over with a lot of questions still to be answered. How do we fix our poor starts? Who is going to play key forward long term? Have we made genuine progress this year, or are we more or less the same as this time twelve months ago?

Something strangely unfulfilling about today, despite the comeback.

Sorry, joined the thread really late. Disappointed today with what seems normal MO of us for the last couple seasons. Poor start get blown away, we get a typical rev up to pick up after HT, big effort to come back but it's too late.

Could only listen on the radio today. Sounded like we really struggled against an organised Tigers defence. I'm not a Martin fan, but my take was he did alright, provided some options until he inevitably got tired.

Interesting thing, I heard one of the commentators (Leigh I think) mention that Rog often seems to stray off the line of the mark while he is looking around for options, so the umps will always call play on and then he gets done for holding the ball or disposes poorly. Anybody else notice this (or is this old news...?)

There is plenty to like, we are not far away. Just too many poor decisions with the ball I the hand, lack of discipline and turnovers. We need a touch more class in the team and some calm under pressure. I really would like to see Polec come in now.

Edit -I just read TBD post... :(

Good fightback guys, never out of a match if your players play with belief, and as a supporter it's obviously a great thing to have in the back of your mind.
Thanks. Congratulations on your win.

Wait until people read about the ressies today and the injuries to Bartlett and Polec :/

Very minor injuries to both I believe is the initial diagnosis. Not much to stress about there I don't believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back