Preview Rd 20 Geelong v North Sat July 27 2024 145 pm @ Tassie

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parfitt being even named as an emergency is a kick in the d for Hardie.
I don’t rate him but I would take Hardie every day of the week these days over Cliff Parfitt

I've seen it suggested online that Parfitt also has a broken hand - that makes it even more interesting

Bews in? Didn't see that

We've all loved the introduction of Lawson but that stoppage where Treloar was left 10m clear and had enough time to drop the ****ing ball, pick it up and still kick the goal before anyone could get near him was diabolical. CS would have hit the Jed button right there and then.

Jed

In Love Awww GIF

Bews is very surprising but like parfitt had a farewell game last week im not against giving bews a farewell game this week.
The other changes are logical given atkins is still injured.
I would have put stanley in mainly bc im worried larkey will dominate henry.

Clohesy for sub again i suppose.
Farewell game? He is only 30. 2 years ago he was in peak career form. Surely its not time yet.

Can't really be too upset with those changes. Bews is surprising from the fact he's been unsighted all year, but a bit of like for like with Tuohy makes sense and Jed provides a more defensive mindset.

Lawson as sub, as a bit of a freshen up? Be unfair on Ted after his good last quarter last week to give him the vest again.

Last edited:
I reckon Parfitt will stay on our list

I can see that - if he gets a decent offer elsewhere we won't stand in his way, but could well offer a new deal after the trade period, especially when you hear about his connection with some of our younger indigenous kids on the list

Could be an easy way of having someone acting as something of a liaison officer/ambassador - and definitely a help for experience in the VFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am happy for Jed Bews , i dont watch the VFL , but he must be in decent physical condition for them to pick him , and to call it a farewell game is utter nonsense

He has been quite a reasonable/good player for Geel , with a good bit of pace , and if he plays well he will keep his spot

Re the opposition , ive only looked at their final scores in games to see how they have been travelling , and they were 9 goals in front of Coll in a game , but this week their team has got 3 players out all injured ( not omitted ) so on face value you would think that would help Geel

I am happy for Jed Bews , i dont watch the VFL , but he must be in decent physical condition for them to pick him , and to call it a farewell game is utter nonsense

He has been quite a reasonable/good player for Geel , with a good bit of pace , and if he plays well he will keep his spot

Re the opposition , ive only looked at their final scores in games to see how they have been travelling , and they were 9 goals in front of Coll in a game , but this week their team has got 3 players out all injured ( not omitted ) so on face value you would think that would help Geel
Bews to Zurhaar?
He can do some damage if he gets off the chain , Bews can match him for pace and strength.

Nothing

I was curious to see the response if posting that not long before team sheets announced

😁
You're so hilarious! Your sense of humour cracks me up :joycat: :joycat: :joycat:

So..a few things..

Really happy for Bews at a personal level. Surprised from team perspective but it reflect well on Jed that after 19 rounds he has been picked. Shows his attitude in VFL and at training has been first class. Well done to him. From team perspective what happens if he plays well - in terms of 2E being managed… we don’t need Bews, Duncan and 2E in the backline!

Knevitt I am sad. I understand it given the ins but it is pretty rough. Hope it builds resilience and not ruin confidence! Think about Dempsey who had his break out first game….which has allowed him to have a couple of quite ones later (including last week)…what if he had a quite game round 1 and was straight out? Would we have missed what he has bought to the team? Would have liked them to back Mitch for a game against a bottom team…

Sub is interesting. I would have thought Rohan would get it again given I think that was planned for last week before Neale was rested…but Rohan is named in the 18 and whilst not guaranteed, so far this year the sub has come from the named bench every game…. Is is Ollie H again? That makes sense from team balance but can’t imagine it 3 weeks in 4. So with Bews back does Lawson become sub? Or with Tanner back is it Bowes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back