Review Rd 21 - 1 of 6 Down, Freo Get Up Over the Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't watched the whole game but **** yeah, we are back!! Hopefully we add Switta in soon and Tabs is a minor injury. Just shows that some youth in Driz adds a spark. Great to see him back. Eagles will have an emotional win to tomorrow so hope they have a flat game next week 🤞

It's great to get back to playing our brand of exciting fast footy again. Disco was fantastic in his first game back, and Acres had his best game since injury - wings finally functioning again.
Hopefully we can keep it going over next couple of weeks and build some momentum. But it still seems that when teams bring a lot of heat (like Sydney' and Melbourne did) we really struggle. It's hard to see us going too far in finals unless we can learn to deal with the heat and give our share back.

Great win. Don’t underestimate how well the Doggies play Marvel, beating them there, in the best of times, isn’t easy.
The energy Disco brings to the side can’t be stated enough too.
Best away record of any Freo side (with a win at Manuka to come). A good foundation for success.

Just so happened to be at the game, fortunate to be next to a couple doggies fans who had half a clue. They showed no presence, let us switch and work up the ground all day long.
Still take the win absolutely, but wouldn’t read to much into in unfortunately. Great confidence booster non the less

Hard to put into words how big it was.

They kicked a goal. They were building momentum. Center clearance and Serong put a handball out in front. NOD was level with opponent, but put a gap on him within 5-6 steps. Took a bounce. Straightened up and banged it through from 50m at full speed.

Grabbed his shirt as if to say lesssss go FREO!

Play of the day along with Clark’s spoil in the last. That spoil took genuine balls.

It was HUGE !! Love NODZ bleeedz purple!! Who else grabs their jumper like him after a goal??

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy Tucker with 10 score involvements. I enjoyed him in the lineup tonight.

He can play when he’s confident and in form he just takes too long to get there

Just so happened to be at the game, fortunate to be next to a couple doggies fans who had half a clue. They showed no presence, let us switch and work up the ground all day long.
Still take the win absolutely, but wouldn’t read to much into in unfortunately. Great confidence booster non the less
Yep that's my take from the game. The Dog's lack of defensive pressure allowed us to do what we wanted for three quarters. But the boys responded strongly and looked pretty good. This will be awesome for their confidence. 5 more games Freo!

That’s the worse I’ve seen the dogs play for a while. Missing shots on goal, kicking out on the full, holding the ball, fumbles. Just weird

Yeah this is true but I wouldn't undersell how hard they came at us in the last 1/3. We did well to hold even in the contest against that midfield, and I thought they really finally started to pressure us in the last.

That’s the worse I’ve seen the dogs play for a while. Missing shots on goal, kicking out on the full, holding the ball, fumbles. Just weird

Wow ! Honestly? They gave everything from what I saw? Love it how we win a great game and every pessimist says we only won because they played bad? Yeah cool? Could it be we made them play bad? Like they had top 8 and finals to play for?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Interesting stats . With the ladder as it is now, we have only played 10 games against teams out side the top 8 inc this round. Sydney 14,Coll + Carlton
+ Bris 13, Melbourne + Geelong 12. Also Geelong finishes with another 2 . So we have done pretty well considering.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Rd 21 - 1 of 6 Down, Freo Get Up Over the Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back