Review Rd 21 - 1 of 6 Down, Freo Get Up Over the Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Only watched the first half so far but we certainly learnt a lot from the Sydney game and just starved the Bulldogs of their usual game by chopping up their zone.

And, how was the in the back on Pearce that wasn't called! And what a surprise Dunstall says it was the right decision because, wait for it, Pearce rolled to expose his back!!!😯

Only watched the first half so far but we certainly learnt a lot from the Sydney game and just starved the Bulldogs of their usual game by chopping up their zone.

And, how was the in the back on Pearce that wasn't called! And what a surprise Dunstall says it was the right decision because, wait for it, Pearce rolled to expose his back!!!

Yeah … then they were paid multiple free kicks for “in the back” later in the game!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Odriscoll was good. Adds a lot of run to the wing.
Enjoyed how we moved the ball. Not sure how much of this was us, and how much was the buldogs.

Lobb, Sturt, Schultz, Frederick all good, but our kicking to the forward 50 was good as well.

No one played a bad game

It was an edge of the seat thriller in the first half, but the mighty dogs flexed their muscle to pull away like the champions they are. Try harder next time Freo……..the free kick count that is.

Jokes aside, I reckon you’ll jag top 4 with Dees to maybe drop out.

The Pies beating the swans would help us a bit. I think the dogs and Tiges could replace the Blues and saints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tucker got a few early but I'm not convinced. (Sell).
Acres, did play a couple of top games earlier in the season when we were flying but once again I'm not convinced, missed a sitter set shot and what was that weird spoil/punch when he was 25m clear that by chance went directly to a Freo team mate. Also still sunk his boot into a few up and under kicks with no thought. (sell).
Freddy set shot goal kicking is a thing of beauty. Small forwards are never in the right spot, when was the last time we got a cheap goal out the back of a marking pack, usually just goes through for a point.

We missed Fyfie :)

Also I don’t bother much complaining about Vic bias these days it’s like complaining about the weather, it just is what it is but today was next level.

All week all we heard was how the dogs would make a statement against an out of form Freo & to be fair it wouldn’t have been a complete surprise but really the commentary was a disgrace.

All game it was anticipating how the dogs would come hard (& they did) but they seemed genuinely perplexed & extremely disappointed when we continued to counterpunch & held them off quite easily in the end.

I enjoyed that win as much as any this year. Just a classy performance all around.

Powered through the game, fantastic to watch. Dogs really do let you do what you want but that doesnt bother me, we were the better team and I think it will be the shot the team needs to remember what aggressive, confident footy looks like.

The biggest thing for mine is I cant think of a single player that didnt play their role to a tee today. No one (bar maybe Ryan) necessarily dominated by every player gave 110%, knew their role and executed. Been a while since we've seen that.

I'll give the biggest shout out to player who had been down on form a bit and got back to their best or near it. Schultz energy was terrific, Ryan was everywhere and Darcy was clunking marks again - he also looks like he's moving well again.

Cant ignore the two inclusions either. Tucker and Noddy were terrific. Noddy is just everywhere, the guy must have a tank close to Brayshaws, you'd swear he gets at or around nearly every contest. He's still a bit rough with disposal on occassion but I think he'll find the sweet spot in the next 50 games. Also, that goal, wowee, what an incredible knack of kicking ripping goals, he really is the complete wingman. Tucker was fanstastic as well in playing a very difficult position in the HFF

Lets win the last two and hit finals with some momentum, might even be able to jag top 4 still

Just finished the game...

Umpiring was disgusting and I'm sick of seeing us dragged over the coals week in, week out. I cannot for the life of me understand how the Dogs were almost never caught htb. They lay a finger on us and the whistle goes. Very frustrating.

Noddy is what we've been missing through the middle. The bloke is our spark and we get him, Acres and Switta back in we will do some damage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Rd 21 - 1 of 6 Down, Freo Get Up Over the Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back