Game Day RD 21 Geelong V GWS - GMHBA, Fri 6 August @ 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been ordinary at home. Apart from west coast who are basket cases away. I would be a little worried if I were Scott. Pressure and intent is still finding us out.
The game's afoot Watson

no, you tried to say a side who made a grand final can’t handle intense footy, which is dumb.

we would look under pressure playing anyone tonight playing footy this terrible.
Well take a look, we are handling intensity just swimmingly at the moment. Not dumb at all, just prescient. We look terrible because of their pressure, not any other reason.

We already had a wake up call this season....clearly we didn't wake up. What an embarrassing performance at home.
A premiership favourite my a$$ I'm sorry to say.

Upon reflection, I wrote last weeks rubbish game off as just a bad game, got the points, just forget about it etc etc.
Writing was probably on the wall.
Got 2 games to sort this crap out.

Is it just me, or has every Clark possession been a dinky 2m handball to a teammate on the boundary with an opponent bearing down on him?

I'd like to watch for that next time around but in the scheme of things they're all playing safe.

Feels pretty similar to the Brisbane game, we're just completely off. Dunno what we thought was gonna happen when we stack the team with VFL players and continue to carry underperformers like Dahlhaus and Sav, you can just smell the hubris from here thinking we can do as we please facing a decimated GWS at home. Thankfully we've got enough wins in the bag that a loss won't be too detrimental to the season, but we need to see as close to our finals best 22 as we can next week and really start to crack in. If this is another one off then so be it, if it's a sign of things to come we are ****ed.

Getting smashed by a B team. Blicavs, Sav, Dahl, Zuthrie, Close, Parfitt all pathetic but you could name half the side really. Problem is a few on that list will get finals games despite repeatedly proving they are nothing but downhill skiers.

At least we are discovering the truth about our lesser lights
Finals pressure and we have gone to water. Just a Scott trademark unfortunately.
What position is Scott playing tonight? Haven't noticed him at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it just me, or has every Clark possession been a dinky 2m handball to a teammate on the boundary with an opponent bearing down on him?

Every time he's not picked, the main line I read about him is how he provides run, that he'll help make us a quicker side etc

Except for his first season, I don't recall too many times of him in the seniors, providing run with the ball. And quickness by feet doesn't equate to a quicker side or quicker ball movement

Getting smashed by a B team. Blicavs, Sav, Dahl, Zuthrie, Close, Parfitt all pathetic but you could name half the side really. Problem is a few on that list will get finals games despite repeatedly proving they are nothing but downhill skiers.
Their B team playing better than our B team, it happens. Nothing about tonight is relevant in September. They want it more than we do, and they have the talent and pressure to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back