Autopsy Rd 22 Carlton fail to get off the plane

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't forget Juddy down for half the game, Simmo way off his usual form and 7 of our top players out injured plus two (Murphs and Yarran) injured during the match.
Why are you quoting me? Your post doesn't even relate to what you quoted.

Excuse the intrusion, but it was absolutely hilarious viewing.

Stevens' lame stuttering and fumbling approach was asking for it, and what was the question anyway? Was he just trying to get a reaction out of Mick?

Stevens is a goose and got what he deserved.

#askMickdumbquestions ;)

You are welcome to intrude anytime. :p

Can't judge the list on tonight's performance, but an issue that I feel has been consistent throughout the season with few exceptions:

Our spread is quite poor the majority of the time, we have classy players who run and spread well with good skills and composure but there are links in the chain that are weak skill wise, it only takes one fumble or one mistimed handball for the play to break down and a turnover to occur, under pressure like tonight we could hardly string possessions together, but not just tonight with our undermanned 22 but at a variety of times through the season i feel this has probably been our biggest issue.
I understand the qualities that these players bring to the table and individually they are probably AFL quality players but in relation to our team there are just too many of them.
In all I'm trying to say that its not all doom and gloom, our biggest improvement will have to come from our bottom 6-8 players because their lack of class and quality is what is hurting the balance and fluidity of this team offensively.

No, simply adding additional comments.

a-pull-chain-toilet.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not only that. They were so openly going to town on us. It was like footy classified was commentating.

It makes me sick in the guts..their stupidity pisses me off, even worse how quickly they jump on teams/players and talk up how good they are!

40 scoring shots to 12. 12 straight to 6.34 would have seen us home.

Maybe if they had casboult of old, ellard of late, Waite on a bad day and jamo on any day, all kicking for goal they might have turned 40 shots into 6.34... ;)

#askMickdumbquestions ;)

You are welcome to intrude anytime. :p
In all seriousness, there's quite possibly something to that. Mick's supposed grumpiness at the pressers creates publicity. Maybe Stevens is the sacrificial lamb for Seven in that regard. Ask a clanger, get Mick incredulous, rinse and repeat.

Even if that's the case, though, seeing Stevens made to look every inch the muppet and turn pinker than a flamingo with embarrassment is worth the price of admission alone.

Can't judge the list on tonight's performance, but an issue that I feel has been consistent throughout the season with few exceptions:

Our spread is quite poor the majority of the time, we have classy players who run and spread well with good skills and composure but there are links in the chain that are weak skill wise, it only takes one fumble or one mistimed handball for the play to break down and a turnover to occur, under pressure like tonight we could hardly string possessions together, but not just tonight with our undermanned 22 but at a variety of times through the season i feel this has probably been our biggest issue.
I understand the qualities that these players bring to the table and individually they are probably AFL quality players but in relation to our team there are just too many of them.
In all I'm trying to say that its not all doom and gloom, our biggest improvement will have to come from our bottom 6-8 players because their lack of class and quality is what is hurting the balance and fluidity of this team offensively.

Spot on

Regardless of how the season pans out, I'll never lose my passion for footy
It's more the fact that there's nothing to play for. Every other year since 2009 we've had something to get excited about, even if it has been 8th spot or a closer position to 8th. Going to the 'G from about the Adelaide game onwards and I almost felt like a neutral, sitting there, enjoying the game, getting involved emotionally at times but never being completely passionate.

Looking forward to round one next year where I will be as pumped as I have ever been, hoping 2015 will be the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 22 Carlton fail to get off the plane

Remove this Banner Ad

Back