Preview Rd 22 Cats V Freo Sat Aug 10 2024 435pm @ Optus

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crow bullet dodged.

SDK hurt

Stengle played ok.

Jezza with 6 and could have had 8.

Freo ran outta legs and now are pissed off.

Stanley played ok so maybe he can go 2 weeks in a row.

Rohan should be available.

PFD was quiet and Serong could have 50 this week.

A win gets us much closer to Top 4 for what its worth - but we gotta win first.

GO CAtters

EDIT _ MISSED JEZZA #250.

Great effort and so glad that last 1/2 has been for us. We dont win 2022 without him.

Go forth oh great current custodian of the #5 and do your thing.

Last edited:
Win and top 4 a possibility, lose and missing finals a possibility. Their rucks and midfield is quite strong and Clark has been good down back this year. Their forwards are good set shots for goal too. Big one for Scott and the lads. Last quarter assault on Adelaide needs to be replicated . Bring that and we should get this done.

Not to be a wet blanket but I think we'll get belted this weekend. We'll get belted in the ruck and midfield, and they'll pepper our D50 with entries. Freo are 7-1-2 at Optus Stadium this year with an average winning margin of 34, their last loss there was to the Swans back in Round 9.

I definitely think Geel can win $1.52 - $2.55 , i personally think its more like $1.80 - $2.20

Fremantle will be gutted after yesterdays loss ,20pts up and looked home for all money

Geelongs best chance i think is leading all the way , so the doubt and pressure is all on Frem , and Dangerfield with a blistering 1st qtr ( like he has done in the past against certain teams ) would be a massive boost to the Cats chances

I did watch the 2nd half of their recent Derby match - they were 3 goals down at h/time ( Eagles were hopeless in 2nd half - didnt score in the 3rd qtr ) but 1 player who impressed me for Frem and got them right back into the game was Josh Treacy , very quick on the lead and a strong grab o/head mark and a reliable kick . I dont think Jack Henry is either good enough or quick enough to play on him . Kolo who had a decent record on Jack Reiwoldt ( strong marking forward ) thus i put Kolo on Treacy

This is has been penciled in as a massive game for some time.

We should just admit now we'll be smashed in the middle. It's how we set up elsewhere that may get us the win. That's unlikely though. I think they'll be breathing fire after blowing it against Essendon and will give us a bit of a touch up. Hope not of course.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't for a moment think we'll win this, I just want to see us hold some structure around ground.

How the group responds to an uncontrolled situation will tell us a lot about some of the young players coming through.

No SDK you'd think, probably not the match for him anyway. Bring Duncan in and try and get some rebound off HB through Holmes and Humphries. If we can absorb the centre bounce and get numbers back we have the runners to rebound and keep the scoreboard ticking over.

Success will be funding a structure that keeps us competitive for most of the game and I don't know that we get that this week

Crow bullet dodged.

SDK hurt

Stengle played ok.

Jezza with 6 and could have had 8.

Freo ran outta legs and now are pissed off.

Stanley played ok so maybe he can go 2 weeks in a row.

Rohan should be available.

PFD was quiet and Serong could have 50 this week.

A win gets us much closer to Top 4 for what its worth - but we gotta win first.

GO CAtters
On the current ladder which I think is pretty accurate of teams standings, we have only beaten one side inside the top four, which is probably accurate of our standing this season, and it was a lucky time we got them.

If we want to be a serious player, we need a scalp and to make a statement. I don’t expect us to win, but freo is a test we need to show up for. This is our preview for finals.

Only wishful thinking would give us a winning chance v Freo in WA.
Their strengths are our weaknesses and they will be hungry to avenge that loss- they played ok v Bombers.
Not a good week to miss DeK, as both a tall defender and a spare ruck.
Feeling philosophical about our fate this year, not stressed at all.
Win, that is against the odds and keeps us definitely well and truly alive.
Lose, that is expected, and as long as not a shellacking, and we don't lose too much %, we are still in the hunt.
Get smashed, and we reflect poor form against the better teams and who knows if we can recover.

Only wishful thinking would give us a winning chance v Freo in WA.
Their strengths are our weaknesses and they will be hungry to avenge that loss- they played ok v Bombers.
Not a good week to miss DeK, as both a tall defender and a spare ruck.
Feeling philosophical about our fate this year, not stressed at all.
Win, that is against the odds and keeps us definitely well and truly alive.
Lose, that is expected, and as long as not a shellacking, and we don't lose too much %, we are still in the hunt.
Get smashed, and we reflect poor form against the better teams and who knows if we can recover.
Good Teams have come down to geelong all season and taken it right up to us.. we owe the favor back at some point.

Good teams, especially eventually premiers, find ways to win these ones. I don’t think we are that and I would happily put money against us for a flag.

Are we ahead of where I thought we would be?? 100%. I expected us to miss the finals. I am incredibly proud of this club fighting amongst the pack in finals again.

What a club

Not to be a wet blanket but I think we'll get belted this weekend. We'll get belted in the ruck and midfield, and they'll pepper our D50 with entries. Freo are 7-1-2 at Optus Stadium this year with an average winning margin of 34, their last loss there was to the Swans back in Round 9.
Almost like we need to tag Serong or Young all game long and hope that MOC or Atkins can work off them the other way.
Hard task but can't let them get going.

GO Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back