Preview Rd 22 Cats V Freo Sat Aug 10 2024 435pm @ Optus

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honesty?

He constantly qualifies every comment on injuries that he's no expert, doesn't know himself and then reports what the medical team have told him. Pretty honest account I'd say

The GFC's deliberate vagueness around injuries was a motivating factor in the AFL's drive to create more transparency around the reporting of such matters.

Anyhow, we're OT here.

I'm hoping we see SDK out there this weekend like Scott expects because we'll need all hands on deck against Freo.

Honesty?

He constantly qualifies every comment on injuries that he's no expert, doesn't know himself and then reports what the medical team have told him. Pretty honest account I'd say
I would counter that leaving your media mouthpieces in the dark is a good way to lie by omission. Although to be honest it's pretty reasonable that they just can't report high accuracy on a lot of it

The GFC's deliberate vagueness around injuries was a motivating factor in the AFL's drive to create more transparency around the reporting of such matters.

Anyhow, we're OT here.

I'm hoping we see SDK out there this weekend like Scott expects because we'll need all hands on deck against Freo.
I hope we go back to it tbh. Fans don't deserve that information.
As for Sam, suspect he'll be left out.

I'm hearing that the follow up to Hawkins news today will be announcement "shortly" about two good mates also announcing jointly that this year will be their last. Playing group aware but the news will be staggered to let the Hawkins air clear.

Stanley and tuohy one would assume.

I'm hearing that the follow up to Hawkins news today will be announcement "shortly" about two good mates also announcing jointly that this year will be their last. Playing group aware but the news will be staggered to let the Hawkins air clear.
Well his best mate still at the club is Mitch Duncan.....I hope it's not him, I'm in the minority but I still think he has a year left in him and I'd love to see him get to 300..

I'm hearing ACL so hope my mail is incorrect.

With all due respect I’m calling absolute BS on this. As if the club and coach came out after the game and said “he’s actually fine and could’ve come back on” then double down days later saying we expect him to play to all of a sudden go “lol jokes he’s done his acl”.

Feel free to remind me if it’s turns out true but what a crock of shite imo. Might want to check your “sources” after it turns out to be garbage.

With all due respect I’m calling absolute BS on this. As if the club and coach came out after the game and said “he’s actually fine and could’ve come back on” then double down days later saying we expect him to play to all of a sudden go “lol jokes he’s done his acl”.

Feel free to remind me if it’s turns out true but what a crock of shite imo. Might want to check your “sources” after it turns out to be garbage.

Munich DID say that this was on the Sunday BEFORE scans were taken, so conceded it should be taken with a grain of salt.

We all hope it's wrong, but there's nothing wrong with passing on what we hear.

If SDK isn't fit, ( which we should just give him a week rest ) I really think we need another big man in defence as Freo has a few big men and if we're relying on Kolo and Henry as our main 2 it's going to put heap of pressure on them

I wouldn't mind either Blitz to go to Defence and play Neale as the 2nd ruck, but the chances of that is slim as he hasnt played in defence for ages.

I honestly wouldn't mind giving Jeka a game, just to see what he can do, as I think to put COS in this game being only 19 is to much for him...

But being Geelong? It wouldn't surprise me just to rely on Henry and Kolo being put in the deep end and they will have to do it..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If SDK isn't fit, ( which we should just give him a week rest ) I really think we need another big man in defence as Freo has a few big men and if we're relying on Kolo and Henry as our main 2 it's going to put heap of pressure on them

I wouldn't mind either Blitz to go to Defence and play Neale as the 2nd ruck, but the chances of that is slim as he hasnt played in defence for ages.

I honestly wouldn't mind giving Jeka a game, just to see what he can do, as I think to put COS in this game being only 19 is to much for him...

But being Geelong? It wouldn't surprise me just to rely on Henry and Kolo being put in the deep end and they will have to do it..

Stanley dropped behind the ball a lot once SDK went off. I'd expect us to do similar this week. Stanley rucks the centre bounce and drops back into defence and leaves Blicavs and Neale to ruck around the ground more.

Stanley dropped behind the ball a lot once SDK went off. I'd expect us to do similar this week. Stanley rucks the centre bounce and drops back into defence and leaves Blicavs and Neale to ruck around the ground more.
But the hard thing is why we need another giant as they also have Darcy and Jackson... that hurts..
We need to stick in having a replacement for SDK in defence

If this means Duncan I'll be gutted, he's so close to 300 and he could easily go one more season if he wanted :brokenheart:

“Good mate”… Duncan you’d think

Could be as duncan who is his best mate but i think dunc will play on.
It could be reg and stanley who are great mates of his too and also could be bewsy.

Correct

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Makes sense. The 3 of them are great mates and tom and rhys are both ready to retire to their farms.
Does this mean duncan is playing on?

I assume we are getting a bews announcement before round 24? (Retirement)
Rohan is the other one where i wonder if he will go on.

Could be as duncan who is his best mate but i think dunc will play on.
It could be reg and stanley who are great mates of his too and also could be bewsy.
Won't be Jed.
Spoke to two relatives at local footy on the weekend.

He's miffed at the lack of communication from the club this year. AFL and VFL programs not always on the same page.

Was given reduced minutes one VFL game because he was due to be an AFL inclusion the following week off a short break. Then wasn't named so grabbed his gear to go to the VFL game that Saturday. Got there to only be told he wasn't named as the VFL group wasn't told he'd be playing with them.

2nd instance where he was told he'd be in the AFL team but then wasn't selected. Asked why and they said he played too many minutes in the VFL game that weekend. VFL program wasn't told he'd need to play 50 mins max.

But manager has had solid conversations with both Geelong and other clubs so will look to go on in 2025.

Won't be Jed.

He's miffed at the lack of communication from the club this year. AFL and VFL programs not always on the same page.

Was given reduced minutes one VFL game because he was due to be an AFL inclusion the following week off a short break. Then wasn't named so grabbed his gear to go to the VFL game that Saturday. Got there to only be told he wasn't named as the VFL group wasn't told he'd be playing with them.

2nd instance where he was told he'd be in the AFL team but then wasn't selected. Asked why and they said he played too many minutes in the VFL game that weekend. VFL program wasn't told he'd need to play 50 mins max.

But manager has had solid conversations with both Geelong and other clubs so will look to go on in 2025.

I dont think he will be going on at geelong next year unless hes happy to effectively be a vfl coach on the afl list.
I assume hes going to try and get another club to offer him 1 year somewhere else as an FA then.

Selfishly id like to see him get a proper send off before finals rather than waiting for a delisting announcement in october.

Won't be Jed.

If we gave an extra year to Tuohy I'm OK with an extra year for Jed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back