Preview Rd 22 Cats V Freo Sat Aug 10 2024 435pm @ Optus

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say the club has given Jed a run and not MOC to see how they compare. Then a decision on one or the other.

My vote would be for Shark, because he's a better user of the ball and more versatile. I wish he'd fire up a bit though, and get a few more touches. It might be a moot point anyway, as O'Connor seems to have picked up an injury in the VFL.

If we gave an extra year to Tuohy I'm OK with an extra year for Jed.

Bews wont play any games next year so we wouldnt do it unless we want him to assistant coach and get around the soft cap.
I would say some other team maybe offers him a year with the promise of more games. I dont see him not taking that if offered elsewhere.

Have you seen the way the media is fawning all over Dusty, while Hawkins is an 'oh yeah, btw.....' ??

Even Fox is running non-stop Dusty crap on 504.

Anyways, I hope your info was an assumption before further info came to light, and we aren't being deceived.
Old mate Robbo said on 360 that Hawkins is a Geelong great, but not an AFL great like Dusty is.

Hawkins’ CV would suggest otherwise.

I think Stanley gets another year who else is there

Touhy goes, hasn't got another year in him

Parfitt goes, players going past him like a beaten favorite

Duncan gets another year if he wants it

Rohan same as Duncan

Bews will look elsewhere for more game time

Hawkins we know about

Cam Guthrie although contracted for 2025 may consider his future if the body is failing him.

Stanley wanted to retire last year we talked him out of it. He is 1000 % gone and we will bring in another ruck.

Cuthrie will stay but i agree with your thoughts on the rest

Where are you sitting?
I splashed out and got seats on the wing about 10 rows back

How bloody good does the weather look for Saturday

The weather is a definite improvement from last time i checked when it was suggesting likely to rain

As for my seat - front row in the pocket, I believe at the end our cheer squad should be sitting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Old mate Robbo said on 360 that Hawkins is a Geelong great, but not an AFL great like Dusty is.

Hawkins’ CV would suggest otherwise.
One of my all time fav stats.

Dusty 4x AA
Hawk 5x AA (4 in his thirties😄)

Dusty no doubt the greatest finals player of all time…clearly.

Makes sense. Pretty sure Duncan will play on. He couldn’t have been clearer that he wants to go around another year and if they let 2E play this year then Duncan is in better shape imo they 2e was at end of season last year.

Duncan will have to accept that a high risk they move on from him during 25 season but I can see value in having him go on just in case he doesn’t drop off from 24

Interesting one for me is Rohan. I would have said 100% this would be his last year but with 3 likely retirements maybe he sticks around?
Im not sure rohan is best 22 with mannagh emerged now but he doesnt look as cooked as some of the older guys. Happy for him to stay as backup if hes happy to be depth sometimes. Playing on will also get him to 100 games (if he doesnt get 3 more this year which he might).

Im not sure rohan is best 22 with mannagh emerged now but he doesnt look as cooked as some of the older guys. Happy for him to stay as backup if hes happy to be depth sometimes. Playing on will also get him to 100 games (if he doesnt get 3 more this year which he might).

He spent serious time in the VFL and didn't sook about it. If he wants to go around again, I'd hold onto him.

He spent serious time in the VFL and didn't sook about it. If he wants to go around again, I'd hold onto him.

I can see him moving into a more permanent coaching/development role post playing career

He's been an assistant coach with our AFLW team going on 3 seasons now I believe

I could see a situation where he plays on another year, is available for senior selection but it's more of a transition year from playing into coaching and working to help develop the next gen of players

I thought this would be his last season, but he hasn't lost his pace and the hunger seems to still be there - what happens beyond this year could still be up in the are & potentially dependent on a few other decisions so we don't lose too much experience all at once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back