Preview Rd 22 Cats V Freo Sat Aug 10 2024 435pm @ Optus

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh true? Fair enough didn't know that. I think the thing I've liked most watching him in a few games is that he's got the big frame and seems to have a little mongrel in him and a desire to compete and physically impact on the opposition . That's not to say he'll make it but it's a hopeful start at least imo
On Furphy.

I have only seen a little, probably a game and a half.

He didn't star or even stand out but he does have a bit going for him:

Good size. Perfect for the modern game and will improve.

Some mongrel. Body contact didn't phase him.

Reasonably mobile.

Best though was in the clearances. He was busy with his second efforts and got involved. Him , being a basketballer, that shouldn't have surprised me.

Definitely a keeper, IMO.

Hmmm, Furphy exceeding expectations? Really? The bar must have been set extremely low...

VFL stats for the year

Played 6 games
Disp - 7.3 ave
Kicks - 3.5
HB - 3.8
Marks 1.3 - 0 CM
HO - 21.2

Those are very poor numbers.. Even Mark Blake smashed those numbers..

Yikes, I hope that's not how our coaching staff evaluate players!!

If you had watched an VFL this year you would know that Furphy started off playing at full back. It is only in recent weeks that he's gone into the ruck, where he has done very well including 56 hit outs in his last outing.

1723098970285.png

Yikes, I hope that's not how our coaching staff evaluate players!!

If you had watched an VFL this year you would know that Furphy started off playing at full back. It is only in recent weeks that he's gone into the ruck, where he has done very well including 56 hit outs in his last outing.

View attachment 2072202

Against the Bulldogs he was playing from the forward line also - kicked the second goal of the game

So to finish with 30 hitouts when Stanley was playing as the #1 ruck is a fair effort

The Marcus Drum Cup. :)

Hmmm, Furphy exceeding expectations? Really? The bar must have been set extremely low...

VFL stats for the year

Played 6 games
Disp - 7.3 ave
Kicks - 3.5
HB - 3.8
Marks 1.3 - 0 CM
HO - 21.2

Those are very poor numbers.. Even Mark Blake smashed those numbers..
Can't find VFL stats anywhere for that but even Blakes best season in AFL didn't "smash" those numbers for someone in their first VFL year.

Blakes second AFL season he played 8 games and averaged 7.1 disposals, 1.5 kicks, 5.6 handballs, 2.0 marks, and 12.1 hit outs.

I can't imagine his VFL form was significantly more dominant than that.

Also if someone saw the match can they tell me if the following is correct, it says in his last VFL game Furphy had 8 disposals, 1 mark, 5 tackles and a ridiculous 56 hit outs.

I do see a little bit of Chappy about him... Ok, here's the deal then.. Willis shaves his head, then he can stay...

We really have had a lack of bald players on the list lately..

During our prime period 07-11 we had -

Chappy
Ablett
D Johnson
J Hunt
Harley
Pods

These days it's all about the long blonde hair and headband.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what do you mean by 'poor outs', then?

Poor, in relation to our chances of winning? Or poor of the M.C. to protect an injured lynchpin of our team?

Only KPD goes out and no replacement comes in.
Drop a defender they've not treated particularly well this year, and actually can defend. Poor omission.

Predictable changes.

The irrational dislike of Tuohy around here is bizarre. He struggled last week but his best footy this year has been very good. He's a long way ahead of Bews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back