Preview Rd 22 - Geelong V Saints - Sat Aug 14 2021- 435 pm @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were crap.

This week we need to be very not crap if we are serious about being deep in September.

Lots of ins and outs by all accounts and some deep learning by those that made mistakes last week they'd rather not repeat.

At home too - not that it helped us last week.

More details will be added but m sure Chief will be looking for this.

GO CAtters

Last edited by a moderator:
Last week's loss wasn't the end of the world. The guys had an off night. It happens. Get over it.

Obviously, we'll hopefully be seeing Smith, Henderson, OConnor, Jezza, and Atkins back for this game.

Out should be from Clark, Narkle, Kreuger, Holmes, Tuohy (inj), Rohan (inj) and possibly giving another senior player a rest week before the finals.

Last edited:

When we played them last time - what stood out to me by a mile was their 2 rucks ( and i think the best ruck combination Geel have played against this year ) Ryder and the young bloke ( who went off injured - and that sort of changed the game )

I dont know if they are both available this week - but that is their best chance of winning

Ryder is an enigma - when he plays well - he is as good a tap ruckman as anyone - in say the last 10-20 years

Atkins Blicavs Henderson
Bews Kolo Stewart
Menegola O'Connor Smith
Dangerfield Henry Close
Cameron Hawkins Dalhaus
Stanley Selwood Parfitt
Narkle C Guthrie
Higgins Z Guthrie
Medi sub : Clark

In : Henderson Smith Atkins O'Connor Cameron Narkle
Out : Kreuger Ratagolea Holmes Touhy Rohan Clark

When we played them last time - what stood out to me by a mile was their 2 rucks ( and i think the best ruck combination Geel have played against this year ) Ryder and the young bloke ( who went off injured - and that sort of changed the game )

I dont know if they are both available this week - but that is their best chance of winning

Ryder is an enigma - when he plays well - he is as good a tap ruckman as anyone - in say the last 10-20 years

Ryder is expected to miss the rest of the season

Rowan Marshall is a jet, he torched Hickey on the weekend who's been having a big year himself. If 'bad Stanley' rocks up he'll get spanked.

Had an amusing read of Jumping Jack stirring the pot on the StK board.

Not that I regularly go on to opposition boards but gee there's a lot of specific hatred towards Selwood. I understand the reasons but hopefully I'm not being embarrassingly unbiased here, we don't tend to get stuck in to opposition players too much specifically in preview threads - perhaps different in a review thread about specifc events etc.

Weird!

Not that I regularly go on to opposition boards but gee there's a lot of specific hatred towards Selwood. I understand the reasons but hopefully I'm not being embarrassingly unbiased here, we don't tend to get stuck in to opposition players too much specifically in preview threads - perhaps different in a review thread about specifc events etc.

Weird!
I dunno mate, seemed like half of the preview thread for the GWS game was about Toby Greene. In fairness it wasn't all hate though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno mate, seemed like half of the preview thread for the GWS game was about Toby Greene. In fairness it wasn't all hate though

Fair call - can't say I went in to that thread until about Friday morning anyhow.

Maybe my post is not accurate.

If one of these guy's play out of Clark Narkle and Holmes, I hope it's Holmes
100%

I'd be disappointed if he's omitted/rested and Narkle gets a full game in his place - I know that depending on changes Holmes may be out of the 22, but would like to see him as the sub in that case

Weird!

Yeah sorry I couldn't help myself.

They seriously don't like our boy Joel. I was tempted to throw a bit of petrol on the flame and discuss the likes of Milne and Baker, as well as the famous footy trip photos of poster boys of Dal Santo and Reiwoldt, but thought maybe not.

100%

I'd be disappointed if he's omitted/rested and Narkle gets a full game in his place - I know that depending on changes Holmes may be out of the 22, but would like to see him as the sub in that case

I’d say there is basically no chance Narkle plays this week. He was dire last week and not in the ways that the match committee can tolerate.

They are more likely to forgive Holmes and Clark for failing to convert than Narkle for not chasing.

Hopefully we'll find out tomorrow when we'll be playing the Saints

Now that Geelong will be out of lockdown it makes obvious sense to bite the bullet on the Geelong Hub including all remaining games, finals and Grand Final to be played at Kardinia Park.

#GeelongHubMentum

Wonder will the Saints take the chance with Max King, adductor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back