Game Day Rd 9 - Brisbane v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patfull did improve defensively as the game went on especially the last quarter Waite wasn't getting uncontested marks every minute thats for sure. But was always going to be hard with the Blues midfield dominated ours.

I think we really missed Rich as well today. That long kick that can bypass Carlton's midfield completely is a tough weapon to replace. Hanley's been doing a good job but after him we're falling back on handball chains that look great when we're up and horrid when we're not, and Adcock's great runs followed by flaky disposal.

I think we really missed Rich as well today. That long kick that can bypass Carlton's midfield completely is a tough weapon to replace. Hanley's been doing a good job but after him we're falling back on handball chains that look great when we're up and horrid when we're not, and Adcock's great runs followed by flaky disposal.

Hey he lowered his eyes about 3 times for good passes into the forward 50 tonight!

Maybe the fact HAD Carlton actually had boot to ball, we would of lost by 60+?
How about the fact the only time we looked like a working football team was during the 2nd quarter?
How about our inability to mark up for 3 quarters of the match?
How about our silly errors from inside our own 50M defensive line?

We kicked 3.9 in the second half, if we had have kicked straighter in the second half we could have won by 3 goals. I reckon they were a couple of goals better than us.

Disappointing, yep, one that got away yep, a disaster no.

Remember folks this is our horror run where we were going to get blown away by ten goals every game. So far we are one win and have had our chances in the other two.

You are hoisting yourself upon our own petard. Two weeks ago you said that you hope that supporters give Lisle more slack than they give Ace, yet here you are going after Lisle.

If you are going to do the moral grandstanding thing, do it right.

You are total irrational when it comes to Cornelius. You've build up some fantasy world in your head where you think everyone is out to get him and that you are his sole protector. You really think people want Ace to fail? You think Brisbane Lions fans aren't desperate to have a key forward solution? You think Brisbane Lions fans held a meeting and said "hey let's just death ride alone of our own players for fun"?

Deadset... Get some perspective.

And so say all of us.
Rose colored glasses .pulease!!!!!! ,it gets very annoying.

Ade WC and Carl games all should have been wins

Maybe this just has to be our year of getting close, we have improved a lot over the last few weeks, lets hope we keep improving as we did through last year.

Get a life BD ! Chill out for goodness sake . Do I think ace should be be in the side at the moment ? No do I think he gets a bum steer here ? Yes would I like to see lisle go well ? Yes my word I do . All I am saying lets be even in our assessments

Truth is to get beaten by 13 points with half the defence out and a tough gig with the umpires isn't a bad effort

He is also playing football professionally at the highest level and does not make him immune to criticism, besides Voss would be giving it to them right about now.

It was his second full game of AFL. He was creative with his kicking and general field play, his handballing to space created a goal as well as one of his kicks. He'll learn from this game and many more to come.

Writing him off after a short professional career is ludicrous, do you have any perspective on what it takes to develop guys like Docherty? Do you have and perspective on the game or are you the type that thinks negative reinforcement with players is beneficial to their development?

Okay...
was very diappointed Lisle didn't have a run at the back. Could have saved him.... From being reputed as a sook. Back to ressies and play FB.
Staker maybe shoulda played FB this game.
I don't mind keeping Doc and Lester. Good counter view raised.
out Michael, Lisle, Green
in Karnezis, Longer/Maguire/Clark, Golby/Banfield/?someone with run and carry

who can mark Cloke other than Dan or Goose?? I can't see Clarke being able to do it? Maybe Longer in? Leuenberger to Cloke?

Get a life BD ! Chill out for goodness sake.

Perfectly calm and rational at this end of the Internet :)

Struggling to find time to "get a life" between study, work and organising a wedding though. Your concern is appreciated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We kicked 3.9 in the second half, if we had have kicked straighter in the second half we could have won by 3 goals.

And they kicked 5.13 in the second half :p ... More opportunities, more inside 50's, its just Carlton sprayed about every shot they got! Had Carlton of kicked just 75% of those opportunities (lets remember most were set shots from inside 50 and relatively in front of the uprights) it would of been a reverse 13.5

I understand that we were thin down there, I am also shitty with Merrett but we had all week to plan for Waite as their key forward. Joel went out and was all at sea as a one on one defender right from the very start. This guy is not a rookie but our current best and fairest. He should have know how to play that role and it was embarassing to watch. I just wanted him to play tight, if he gets beat then fair enough.
He was doing the best he could.
We were three defenders down.
He is not Superman.
He would feel pretty crappy anyway.
Give the guy a break.:rolleyes:

I have no idea but i am going to bed because I cannot believe the crap some people post.:eek:
You take over Haggis.

Hell no. They can piss off to the vent thread & dribble shit to their hearts content. I'm just killing the train ride home. I was hoping for some reasonable discussion on the way, perhaps a bit of umpire bashing with some disappointed comrades. Instead, I get to sift through Facebook slap heads, looking for posts with a modicum of intelligence behind them. I've never used the ignore function on here, but I'm starting to understand why some do.

Patfull did improve defensively as the game went on especially the last quarter Waite wasn't getting uncontested marks every minute thats for sure. But was always going to be hard with the Blues midfield dominated ours.

Yep...gave him too much room...Waite out played him.

And they kicked 5.13 in the second half :p ... More opportunities, more inside 50's, its just Carlton sprayed about every shot they got! Had Carlton of kicked just 75% of those opportunities (lets remember most were set shots from inside 50 and relatively in front of the uprights) it would of been a reverse 13.5

Yep that was kinda my point. Either team could have sealed it with straight kicking. You can't say 'they pantsed us only poor kicking saved us', when poor kicking cost us too, browny and rocky could have kicked us into a three goal lead in the third, in the end we kicked 1.7 that quarter.

In the end I think the margin was about right.

He was doing the best he could.
We were three defenders down.
He is not Superman.
He would feel pretty crappy anyway.
Give the guy a break.:rolleyes:

The ones when you could have won are the toughest to lose, I am sure he will bounce back next week and I will be on to say how well he played :)

Hell no. They can piss off to the vent thread & dribble shit to their hearts content. I'm just killing the train ride home. I was hoping for some reasonable discussion on the way, perhaps a bit of umpire bashing with some disappointed comrades. Instead, I get to sift through Facebook slap heads, looking for posts with a modicum of intelligence behind them. I've never used the ignore function on here, but I'm starting to understand why some do.

I went over to the Vent thread but Kezz was over there, I thought it was much safer back here,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back