Preview RD7 Carlton v North Melbourne Sunday 5th May 1.10PM @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope Charlie and Willo get through tomorrows game unscathed, i am sceptical about our injury management so far this season and would have liked Willo to have spent another week in the 2nds.

Our outs are a big issue and North have a much older and experienced side, i think we will go close tomorrow but a narrow loss won't surprise me and is not something that will change my opinion of where we are at.

I really hope to see:

Cuningham show some of his pre season form and build on his return game from last week.
Harry to maintain his form.
Charlie to play well.
A good showing from Stocker.

And

A blues win.
I really don’t get this theory that they are more likely to get injured playing AFL than VFL. They are playing full games in the vfl. They are going full throttle to try and get a call up. They are not managed. If anything I would bet they play more minutes in vfl than when called up.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post. I'm trying to pick up a couple of GA tickets for the game today on my membership but there appears to be none available. Does this make any sense to anyone?

Should I just turn up to the membership department at the ground?

Ta!
I have a couple of membership bar codes you could use if you want them

I really don’t get this theory that they are more likely to get injured playing AFL than VFL. They are playing full games in the vfl. They are going full throttle to try and get a call up. They are not managed. If anything I would bet they play more minutes in vfl than when called up.

It's possible. I see it different though.

I see it as, in the VFL you can manage a players minutes and you can play that player in a wide variety of roles to get the training or outcome you desire without much consequence.

In the AFL, you need to be 100% fit and ready to go and conditioned to your role, you can't just got sit behind the ball or hide in a position to get the feel of the game. If you or the team is 5-10% down, you get cut up.

If you get tired or are stuffed by 3/4 time in the 2nds you can be rested and the VFL side takes a hit and its ok as its for the greater good of the club. If you are stuffed by 3/4 time in the AFL and you need to be managed the whole club suffers.

Fingers crossed Charlie and Willo (and all others for that matter) get through unscathed.

Slowly ticking off my pre-game routine.

1. Grocery shopping done.
2. Post shop cuppa nearly done.
3. Tick off and pack away groceries.
4. Uber services for daughter and then son.
5. Drive to game and find parking.
6. Walk to ground and find seat for game.
7. Leave shaking head after clutching defeat from jaws of victory
8. Calming down
9. Getting on Bigfooty and posting positives

It's possible. I see it different though.

I see it as, in the VFL you can manage a players minutes and you can play that player in a wide variety of roles to get the training or outcome you desire without much consequence.

In the AFL, you need to be 100% fit and ready to go and conditioned to your role, you can't just got sit behind the ball or hide in a position to get the feel of the game. If you or the team is 5-10% down, you get cut up.

If you get tired or are stuffed by 3/4 time in the 2nds you can be rested and the VFL side takes a hit and its ok as its for the greater good of the club. If you are stuffed by 3/4 time in the AFL and you need to be managed the whole club suffers.

Fingers crossed Charlie and Willo (and all others for that matter) get through unscathed.
They don’t manage their minutes in the vfl. Only in the first game or two back sometimes. Willo has played two full games back. So at each moment they have the same probability of injury due to load. If anything you’ve seen at afl level that (a) they get managed more and (b) any possible sign of injury they get pulled, not managed.

Slowly ticking off my pre-game routine.

1. Grocery shopping done.
2. Post shop cuppa nearly done.
3. Tick off and pack away groceries.
4. Uber services for daughter and then son.
5. Drive to game and find parking.
6. Walk to ground and find seat for game.
7. Watch game.
8. Sing our song with all the other Blue Baggers.

Blues by 41 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone keen to watch this game

I’ve got 5 Level 1 tix in the AFL members and I can’t attend as I’ve got to work later on today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These still available?
Just leaving Frankston via train, which is always a very very good thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back