Toast Reasons I have nominated Charlie Cameron as the best thing to happen to the crows last year include.

Remove this Banner Ad

What's Collingwood got to do with this?
DABM has a fetish over all things Collingwood. Actually, I secretly wonder whether he's really an Adelaide supporter at all, given that he's constantly bagging the club while singing the praises of the Magpies.

Precisely why he chooses to worship at that unholy altar is entirely beyond me. The club has won 2 premierships in the last 50 years - and only one since the AFC entered the competition. It's not as if they're a paragon of success or anything.

DABM has a fetish over all things Collingwood. Actually, I secretly wonder whether he's really an Adelaide supporter at all, given that he's constantly bagging the club while singing the praises of the Magpies.

Precisely why he chooses to worship at that unholy altar is entirely beyond me. The club has won 2 premierships in the last 50 years - and only one since the AFC entered the competition. It's not as if they're a paragon of success or anything.

In this case, I think it's pretty clear that the joke was alluding to the fact that Rendell currently works there despite claims that he's not all he is made out to be.

In this case, I think it's pretty clear that the joke was alluding to the fact that Rendell currently works there despite claims that he's not all he is made out to be.
DABM's fetish for all things black & white has been going on for years, it's a long established pattern of behaviour.

I'm well aware that Rendell is currently employed by Collingwood, who signed him up within days of the AFL giving him the all clear after he completed his "racism awareness training". The point though is that this is another example of DABM lifting Collingwood up as an example we should be following, while having yet another snipe at the club he nominally supports.

I wouldn't hold up Collingwood as the bastion of onfield success but when it comes to the off field stuff that indirectly improves the chances of team success they're right up there with the best. I wouldn't mind if our club was run similarly, granted they've probably got certain advantages that we don't which allows them do what they do.

It depends how you define success. They've been in 4 Grand Finals since we were last in one. 5 if you're one of the idiots who actually counts 2010 as being 2 Grand Finals.

Did this happen? I must have completely missed the memo. I thought they just ignored the whole issue and signed him up.
No they signed him up as he could attend the racial awareness training with their President ;)

It depends how you define success. They've been in 4 Grand Finals since we were last in one. 5 if you're one of the idiots who actually counts 2010 as being 2 Grand Finals.
We've made 3x PF in that time, falling only one game short for various reasons. The fact that some people feel the need to hold them up as an example, while ridiculing their own club, is downright disgusting in my eyes. And they have the gall to call themselves "supporters"...:mad:

We've made 3x PF in that time, falling only one game short for various reasons. The fact that some people feel the need to hold them up as an example, while ridiculing their own club, is downright disgusting in my eyes. And they have the gall to call themselves "supporters"...:mad:

The constant one being that we weren't quite as good as our opposition.

I think that's an insulting description of supporter. A supporter wants their team to win. If they think another club's off field model is giving them a better chance to win than our own, I don't see how voicing that opinion makes them any less of a supporter.

DABM's fetish for all things black & white has been going on for years, it's a long established pattern of behaviour.

I'm well aware that Rendell is currently employed by Collingwood, who signed him up within days of the AFL giving him the all clear after he completed his "racism awareness training". The point though is that this is another example of DABM lifting Collingwood up as an example we should be following, while having yet another snipe at the club he nominally supports.

Righto mate - we've had a number of discussions over the years on questioning someone's 'true supporter status'. Give it a rest - its never ended nicely.

In this particular case - a club cashed up to employee whoever they wanted thought that Rendell was the best man for a role in their recruiting department. That speaks volumes IMO.

Just to cut off any comments on Craigy getting a job at Melb and then the Bombers - keep in mind they were not head coaching roles.

They finish above us practically every season

Yeah, apart from that...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one on the board ridicules the club more than you.

Every time you bag the performance of young player for instance, you are effectively bagging the recruiters, the coaches, the selectors and of course the administrators who put the people in those positions.

Somehow you seem to differentiate between the two.

Grand Finals and premierships aren't a true measure of success

No one on the board ridicules the club more than you.

Every time you bag the performance of young player for instance, you are effectively bagging the recruiters, the coaches, the selectors and of course the administrators who put the people in those positions.

Somehow you seem to differentiate between the two.

The difference without going into the rights & wrongs is that some people support the players more than the off field team and some people support the off field team more than the players

I have my opinion on this, but the word "support" is constant which direction the arrow faces.

The only players you support to ridiculous degrees are average senior players

If I remember correctly didn't you give up your membership this year because you thought it wasn't value for money? Now you are questioning others support. Oh boy.

Also the vitriol you direct towards some of our depth players like Jaensch and Tambling is far more disgusting than Carl admiring a well run organization like Collingwood.

Back to Charlie Cameron.......

Talk on a rookie listed player being elite seem to be way to premature. Sure, he plays a position we have limited numbers in, but he'd have to do a truck load to win a spot in the 22 in his first season.

Still has to be upgraded first.

Well he has a chance of being upgraded as VB is probably on the long term injury list

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Reasons I have nominated Charlie Cameron as the best thing to happen to the crows last year include.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back