Records your club is proud of!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

St Kilda keep going on about their receord over Carlton since the start of 02.

And, of course this:

kilda10dvd.jpg

Highest average crowd in finals.

Biggest come from behind win in last quarter at SCG in '94. Only 38 points down at 3/4 time but Swans extended the lead to 48 points with about 20 minutes to go.

Best team south of the yarra for over 25 years (based on team name) do Tassie Hawks count?

Won the highest scoring game of all time. 1978 v Melbourne

Highest score - 37.17 (239)
Highest losing score - 25.13 (163)
Most Goals - 37
Longest Winning Streak - 23
Longest Undefeated Streak - 26
Highest Score over Consecutive Weeks - 449
Games kicking 20+ Goals - 6
Largest Win in Grand Final - 119
Most Points scored in a season - 3558

I just grabbed what I could from http://afl.allthestats.com/records/ :D

you also got most successful season without a premiership

you also got most successful season without a premiership

You might be cheesed off that we stole that one off your Swans of 1935....before this year only Sth Melbourne in 1935 had lost as few as three games in a season without winning a flag. Geelong this year, well this record WILL stand forever. :(

But...Geelong has won 23 games in a row (1952-53) and was the only side to be 42 of 44....i think they may be the only team still to be 42 of 45....so it ain't over yet for us Catters. I still hold out hope for 2009.

Plus we have McLelland Trophies aplenty, Indeed we have 9, equal with Essendon. :thumbsu:

The obsession and crying continues.....state side only to the extremely ignorant.

Just for the record...West Coasts was by far the best win by an interstate side. Until Brisvegas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excluding Hawthorn, Geelong, St Kilda & Collingwood who played in finals this year, only Carlton & Essendon reached over 1,000,000 in attendances in the regular season
well done, but 2008 wouldn't have been teh first year someone got over 1,000,000.

what he said was that Richmond were first club to get more then 1,000,000 people through the gates in a year. He did not mention 2008 at all. It was probably sometime around 2000?

well done, but 2008 wouldn't have been teh first year someone got over 1,000,000.

I never said it was.

what he said was that Richmond were first club to get more then 1,000,000 people through the gates in a year. He did not mention 2008 at all. It was probably sometime around 2000?

Read my post .......... I questioned the OP which year he was referring to.
Most likely it would have been in 1998.

20 times premiers in the premier league over any particular era.

The first VFL/AFL flag ever.

Won most games in a single season in 2000 (24/25), if you include all games for the year of 2000, it would be 29/30.

Longest streak wearing the same pattern on uniform in the world.

North Melbourne:

First club to have a cheersquad.

First club to have coterie groups.

First club to play Friday Night Footy.

First club to have sponsors.

First footy club in Australia to wear a vertically striped jumper. Long before Collingwood or Hawthorn.

Longest unbeaten streak in football history. 58 games from 1914-19.

Record 8 consecutive prelimnary finals appearnaces from 1993-00.
We didn't make the prelim in 93, lost to WC in the Elimination Final.
7 consecutive prelims from 94-00. Equal with Hawthorn I think.

However, we do have the most prized of all prized possessions. The only one to exist in the history of the game!
1996_premiers.jpg

Being faithfully supported notwithstanding how spectacularly bad the team plays is a point of pride for most long time Saints fans. Melbourne in 2008 look like a powerhouse compared to some of the Saints teams of the early 1980's. Our leading goalkicker in 1981 was a bloke named Con Gorizidis who managed a bag of 34 that year, and who only played in 6 winning games in his entire career with the club! Who needed all those fancy flags and win/loss ratios when you could sit in the outer at Moorabbin and watch Joffa Cunningham and Robby Muir run around hitting people?

Remove this Banner Ad

Records your club is proud of!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back