Reflections on Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Now I pride myself on being South Australian, I have been to every state in Australian and Iam still young. There are things about Adelaide which make you Cringe and make you laugh. But to be honest Adelaide cops it way to much, and it makes me angry. Don't sum up my state from your football experience to a Port Adelaide game.

GOD if you think Port were bad at a Prelim, imagine some of the early Showdowns, I sat in the MIDDLE of the Port members. I sat next to a some little kid who started chants every 2 seconds, and another group of Port supporters wearing hard hats holding up a coffin...draped in Crows colours. I was abused spat on so forth.

Anyway your welcome to come back anytime, I recommend going to the Flinders its just awesome there.

If you bother reading the whole thread you will find that the majority of North people here have found Adelaide games worse than Port games. Yes Port supporters look a little rougher but most generally have respect for North or their opposition on the day. Adelaide, on the other hand, do not show this respect to the opposition. After Saturday i would have no hesitation going back to a Port game but i doubt i will ever travel to an Adelaide game there again - unless its a final.

I spent today in sunny Adelaide.

I was sledged by a woman with no teeth.

I discovered that everyone I met with a job barracks for the Crows.

The sign on the toilet door at the airport reads:

'Adelaide toilets are flushed using recycled water. Please do not drink.'

Oh - and the game, the stadium, and everything related to it, sucked.

How was everyone else's day?

I saw that sign too. I just assumed that the guide dog training in SA is very thorough and they teach them to read.

The biggest probelm is that they brew Coopers there .................... and they don't sell it at the footy!:thumbsdown:

As mentioned in another post, we took our two kids over. It was a very easy drive and our stay in Glenelg was great. Adelaide doesn't pretend to be anything more then it is and it is a nice town, couldn't live there but it was nice to spend a couple of days.

I was shocked at how little news there was about anything outside of Adelaide. The Advertiser and 5AA should inform the townspeople that there are other teams in the competition and broadening their minds might be a good thing.

AAMI stadium was so much like the old stadiums that I was surprised. It did take me back 20 years. The seating, the kiosks, the whole thing. At least the prices matched it! Ice creams were $1.20. The funniest thing though was the standing room and the yellow line!!!

I was in bay 235. Between us and the lower section was this yellow line and the drunks had to stand in front of it. The security guards spent all day pushing them over it time and time again. The blokes seemed to enjoy squashing up a little too much!!!! They must have been three deep and the only advantage was the quick access to the bar. It reminded me of Windy Hill and Vic Park in the 70's.

Parking was easy though and getting back to Glenelg was a breeze. Loved the shopping centre across the street, easy to kill time before the game.

Must say though, I NEVER want to hear talk of moving the GF. The MCG is so superior to that ground and Subiaco that it is laughable. Even playing a game as important as a Prelim there is a bit of a joke. I will never criticise Telstra again either, it is also a couple of notches above.

I went to my first MCG and telstra dome games this year and Kangaroolz, you are so right about AAMI. It's very outdated.
telstra dome and the MCG are so well planned and in fantastic locations. It's so much easier to catch public transport to them and so the traffic thins out so much easier. Plus it's really easy to find your way around the stadiums too.
They were talking about moving AAMI and building a new one near the city which would be great... will never happen though in Adelaide.
My view on Adelaide is that it's made up of half country town people half city people.
so it's very torn, which is a shame. I would put myself in the city catagory, I love going to Melbourne and Sydney and feel like I fit right in, but it's the travel time to the city that turns me off!
I live 20kms from the city centre and it only takes me 45mins to get to work in peak hour, I wouldnt trade that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Reflections on Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back