Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion V2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freo won that with a strong group of young players developing through opportunities.

That must be nice.
Also playing a man on man defence with young quick enthusiastic mids counters the run and carry game well .

Unfortunately we do have anyone like that

So it is play on during play but if after the siren you can run off your line?

Don't recall that rule change

Kicking for Goal

20.5.1 Line of The Mark Where a Player from the Attacking Team is Kicking for a Goal after being awarded a Mark or a Free Kick, the Kick shall be taken along a direct line from The Mark to the centre of the Attacking Team’s Goal Line, except in the following cases:

20.5.1(b) where the Kick will occur after the siren, the Player shall be entitled to approach The Mark from any direction, as long as the location of the Kick does not improve the angle to the goal posts.

Was a rule change a few years ago.

Kicking for Goal

20.5.1 Line of The Mark Where a Player from the Attacking Team is Kicking for a Goal after being awarded a Mark or a Free Kick, the Kick shall be taken along a direct line from The Mark to the centre of the Attacking Team’s Goal Line, except in the following cases:

20.5.1(b) where the Kick will occur after the siren, the Player shall be entitled to approach The Mark from any direction, as long as the location of the Kick does not improve the angle to the goal posts.

Was a rule change a few years ago.
He ran off his line to improve his angle

So bad decision there

I didn't want the game (followed on radio) they've made a bad decision then.
Ah makes sense now

If he ran to his right that would not have been improving his angle and would have been in those rules

But he ran to his left way off his line to improve his angle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well every result went our way so we could have actually cemented our spot had we won.

Now we put ourselves under even more pressure.

Plus playing Mon night we will have more pressure considering we may be 8th only half a game clear of 9th

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

I mean the fact that we're in a position that 10 other teams would like is pretty funny.

Yet some fools want a wildcard round where those that finish 9th and 10th can still get in…this year proved what a joke that would be.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Oh the wildcard idea isn't about teams that are unlucky to miss out on finals getting an extra shot at it. It's about squeezing in another game they can sell. It's effectively an extra elimination final.

I mean the fact that we're in a position that 10 other teams would like is pretty funny.
i know. Shows how much we expect success.

perspective

7th is a garbage season for us...
7th is a ringa ding ding season for Freo

i know. Shows how much we expect success.

perspective

7th is a garbage season for us...
7th is a ringa ding ding season for Freo

We're 7th having continuously fallen since 2018 and have no youth. Freo are on the rise and could be playing finals for the first time in six years.

Also playing a man on man defence with young quick enthusiastic mids counters the run and carry game well .

Unfortunately we do have anyone like that
Yeah, when they were drafting these players with low ladder finishes and player walk outs, we were playing finals and won a flag.

They are so lucky. 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back