Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion V2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do the bulldogs get such a ride from the umps? I know people will say its like the WCE at home but thats likely due to the large crowd differential and we dont always win the free kick count. The dogs have such a large disparity between frees for and against compared to the rest of the league I'm struggling to understand why.

Why do the bulldogs get such a ride from the umps? I know people will say its like the WCE at home but thats likely due to the large crowd differential and we dont always win the free kick count. The dogs have such a large disparity between frees for and against compared to the rest of the league I'm struggling to understand why.

In some cases it's because they train for it. Throwing themselves forward if they feel contact, flick passes, etc.

And why does it not ever get questioned in the media?

We got every show for about a month going on about the noise of affirmation. Haven't heard a peep all year

In some cases it's because they train for it. Throwing themselves forward if they feel contact, flick passes, etc.
No need to beat around the bush, they are cheats. Beveridge is a right campaigner face too.

No need to beat around the bush, they are cheats. Beveridge is a right campaigner face too.
Matt Stevic as well. Literally turned the tide of the game in their favour by plucking out bullshit frees for them and ignoring throws directly in front of him.

Matt Stevic as well. Literally turned the tide of the game in their favour by plucking out bullshit frees for them and ignoring throws directly in front of him.
Real stink about some of his 'calls' for the dogs.

Bulldogs choked top 4 and then won their way through to a prelim. Well done. We couldn't do the same in 2019.

Yeah, full credit to them. They got a few bullshit frees, but Neale could also have won the game from that ridiculous deliberate free if he was good enough. They deserved it in the end.

The ruck infringement with scores level and 1 min to go….who calls that. Who even knows what the free kick was for
McInerney went well past the ball, made contact with the Dogs ruck and then didn't touch the ball. They pay that every time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ruck infringement with scores level and 1 min to go….who calls that. Who even knows what the free kick was for

Nah that was there. Was a clear block. The Big O who has given a truckload of the same frees away all year went past the ball blocking english from contesting.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Tom Morris saying Marcus “Stefan Martin” Adams will face MRO scrutiny for the Weightman incident. Surely not?

Tom Morris saying Marcus “Stefan Martin” Adams will face MRO scrutiny for the Weightman incident. Surely not?
Vic team player injured against a non vic? Thats weighted in the tables as make example of.

Wow. I love this sport, but my goodness something needs to be done about how terrible the standard of umpiring currently is.

An avalanche of poor calls in succession arguably has cost Brisbane a place in a Preliminary Final.

So many bad calls that will not be publicly reviewed or given any accountability after this result either no doubt.

What else is new in the chicken-scratch competition that may as well be the North Korean football league...

Here's an idea to improve the game: don't bother fiddling about with the rules again and get some actual professionalism into how it is officiated - it still remains the realm of part-timers where umpiring is their second job. Move away from the pay-per-play model and substantially increase the salary floor to encourage more to pursue it as a full-time occupation and career rather than just weekend work. Foster a centre of excellence for those who dedicate themselves to those additional hours and start making genuine evaluations of the standard applied at AFL level with performance indicators on decisions (and non-decisions) transparently made available to the public.

Imagine if we lost four out of five home finals. Yikes. Either the lions are super unlucky or they play a style that doesn't win finals.

Flat trackers who choke under pressure

Wow. I love this sport, but my goodness something needs to be done about how terrible the standard of umpiring currently is.

An avalanche of poor calls in succession arguably has cost Brisbane a place in a Preliminary Final.

So many bad calls that will not be publicly reviewed or given any accountability after this result either no doubt.

What else is new in the chicken-scratch competition that may as well be the North Korean football league...

Here's an idea to improve the game: don't bother fiddling about with the rules again and get some actual professionalism into how it is officiated - it still remains the realm of part-timers where umpiring is their second job. Move away from the pay-per-play model and substantially increase the salary floor to encourage more to pursue it as a full-time occupation and career rather than just weekend work. Foster a centre of excellence for those who dedicate themselves to those additional hours and start making genuine evaluations of the standard applied at AFL level with performance indicators on decisions (and non-decisions) transparently made available to the public.

Pretty hard to argue with any of that. It's mind boggling that umpires do this as a side hustle. Absolutely mind boggling.

They had the full set of Vic umps out there tonight. Stevic is an AFL puppet and that blonde haired number 22 has always been a bias prick any time he’s umpiring our games.

They had the full set of Vic umps out there tonight. Stevic is an AFL puppet and that blonde haired number 22 has always been a bias prick any time he’s umpiring our games.
Number 22 (Williamson) is actually from WA. However I don’t disagree that the umpiring tonight seemed to follow a particular script.

I’m still at a loss how no one (media or opposition coaches) has highlighted how much the Bulldogs throw the ball around. I know it’s harder for coaches to say something in a pre or post match presser for fear of inflaming something but they’re seriously pulling the piss this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back