Reid Injury - Calf

Remove this Banner Ad

Just heard on radio he has been ruled out.....

When I was at the game on March the 2nd, didn't look like, "just a knock".

So that's 4 weeks he has been out for now, I bet he will be out for at least another 2-3 weeks.

Unbelievable !!!!!

Last edited:
From a positive angle maybe the club has learned some lessons from last year with Beams - injured his quad prior to Rd 1, re-injured it trying to come back too early, and did not see him until Rd 16. Given Reid's brittleness we should be taking an ultra-conservative approach. If he came back too early and it flared up again the knives would be out.

Reid: Calf amuptated and replaced by linguine (test)

Club statement "Ohhh yeah well, we think he'll be fine, the linguine, it's pretty strong...we assessed and went the durum wheat option, so we are confident he will be back in training tomorrow, and we will assess him for the next match if he completes it well. Complications? Nah, none of those...well, Faz got peckish during an indoor handball drill and ate some of his calf before he realised, but we are sure that wont compromise his recovery..."

So ******* sick of this shit. It's round 2 FFS and we were missing half the team for round 1.
Times two!! Losing interest with never having a full strength team, must stay strong but it ain't easy.

Reid: Calf amuptated and replaced by linguine (test)

Club statement "Ohhh yeah well, we think he'll be fine, the linguine, it's pretty strong...we assessed and went the durum wheat option, so we are confident he will be back in training tomorrow, and we will assess him for the next match if he completes it well. Complications? Nah, none of those...well, Faz got peckish during an indoor handball drill and ate some of his calf before he realised, but we are sure that wont compromise his recovery..."
Bad news, the club forgot to cook it through properly. So now Reid's calf is even more brittle.

In his career he has never gone through one season with out breaking down. Harden the **** up Ben. The best he has managed was all bar one game in 2011. Saying that he did play the 2010 Grand Final Replay with a broken leg and now he can't play with a calf strain.

Just a question when they say Ben 'The Fossil' Reid is out for 2-3 does that mean he wont be back until 2-3 weeks after the Sydney game or is the Sydney game one of the 2-3 weeks?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a question when they say Ben 'The Fossil' Reid is out for 2-3 does that mean he wont be back until 2-3 weeks after the Sydney game or is the Sydney game one of the 2-3 weeks?

From reading the AFL website's article it made it sound like at least 2-3 from now, so I imagine it's including Sydney.

Either way...

ivxph.gif

Fkkkkkkkk.... he is made of glass.

If it was Gorilla Glass we wouldn't have this issue.

Guy is fragile as hell. Have we signed him up yet? Not to late to back out right?

Oh god I'm getting flashbacks to Beams of 2013.

Agree, need to be a serious review of our medical and conditioning staff and it cannot wait until seasons end. I can accept players getting injured by accident or in the heat of a long season but to have key players going down with soft tissue injuries in pre season and then re-injure them is not acceptable.

FFS, we got the money, get the best people not the friggen hacks we have at the moment.

Agree, need to be a serious review of our medical and conditioning staff and it cannot wait until seasons end. I can accept players getting injured by accident or in the heat of a long season but to have key players going down with soft tissue injuries in pre season and then re-injure them is not acceptable.

FFS, we got the money, get the best people not the friggen hacks we have at the moment.

I agree that something needs to be looked at, but we have to remember that Reidy has had soft tissue/calf issues dating back to like 2010/11 - so that is well and truly on Buttifant & co.

Thank god we got Jesse White or this game would have been a right off as well. How can a person be so piss weak and miss games every year due to injury! It's even more disappointing when he is one of our best players. I would probably bring in Keefe for Frost this week now, think he is the best option to play on Franklin that we have at the moment.

In his career he has never gone through one season with out breaking down. Harden the **** up Ben. The best he has managed was all bar one game in 2011. Saying that he did play the 2010 Grand Final Replay with a broken leg and now he can't play with a calf strain.
I would have thought one of your mates down at the club would have filled you in on this

Remove this Banner Ad

Reid Injury - Calf

Remove this Banner Ad

Back